Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I'm shocked

vCash
    gits straitens up the line and adds depth. there is not many players that naturaly do that they need him at 12.

Gregan is a better halfback he is more relaxed and he always looks around for the best option. i dont know why connely thinks giteau is better.

i think the reason it has gone this far is because connely cant admit he is wrong. its gone on long enough and he is just digging a bigger hole for himself so its time it stops.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    think the Welsh lad dislocated his knee

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    According to BBC Sport it's a broken right leg - think it's the femur...

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    shows how much the Sydney press know about rugby then....I read it in the paper on Sunday!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight
    shows how much the Sydney press know about rugby then....I read it in the paper on Sunday!
    Apparently anatomy is not their strong point either.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Sydney papers are igorant on many matters.
    The broken femur (tortion fracture ) was announced on Saturday during the game. BTW - tortion fractures are twisty and very nasty as they are slow to heal and often have blood vessel and nerve damage. He won't play rugby this year...

vCash
    After watching the 'A' team on Saturday I think the selectors might give Polota Nau the call-up. His throws to the line-out were improved and his ball running was pretty impressive. Cordingly was OK but I still think Yak is a better option as the back-up half. Junior didn't have the same penetration as against Tonga. Cross did enough to push his claims. The 'A' scrum went OK too against a monster pack and their driving maul was pretty impressive at times. But Baxter still fails at the engagement too often. He seem to have a problem holding the 'crouch' position. What do our resident FR's think ?

They will need to improve by heaps to beat the AB's reserves in NZ though.

As for the Samoans; they will benefit greatly from this tournament. If they can be more disciplined they will worry other sides come the RWC. That Tuilangi could be the biggest rugby player I've ever seen. Peter Hewat took him head-on and dislodged the ball. Good to see.

The jury is still out here on the Wallaby selections. I've said before they needed to try something a little different to bring Bill home again. Let's hope they are on the right track. They are going for pure speed on the edges, just like John Mitchell. But I agree with Rod Kafer. They can't match the likes of Gear, Howlett, Sivivatu etc., and they are not as reliable.

Julian Huxley is doing enough to be in the mix as a back-up 15 and maybe even 10.

vCash
    Baxter has a problem with most facets of the frontrow, from crouch, pause, touch and engage,to the fact he can't bind, and folds like his namesake, the trestle, at the first shove...I think he has done a "heart"lidge myself...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Things I took away from the A game:
    • Polota Nau was a lot better than I've seen him - hope it is a sign of him getting serious about his job rather than just seagulling around.
    • Beale wasn't - pity the try at the end will probably conceal it, but he was very windy about contact and threw at least two Carlos Spencer passes that got someone else hammered. He needs time, and the A's is the absolute limit of where that should be (and I wouldn't be too sure about throwing him up against the Junior ABs either)
    • Wasn't too sure about Barnes either, as he also seemed a bit worried about the physicality. Salvi too, towards the end at least - lobbing hospital passes.
    • Baxter was bloody horrible - how he doesn't get pinged for not binding on every scrum I don't know. He looked out of his depth at A level.
    • Tawake should be given a chance at the top level - the Samoans aren't shrinking violets and found him a distinct handful.
    • Both Hewatt and Schifcofske were very good - stick it up the selectors boys.
    • Cordingley has a nice pass, but it does seem to take a long time to happen sometimes. He was quite good when being pressured, but the No 2 SH for Aus....?
    • We've got some good young props coming through, thank God.
    • Junior and Cross are the goods, but are still just that level below to challenge for the Wallabies. Another year though...

Other than that, this is going to become a very interesting tournament. Another couple of years of regular competition and Samoa will be tough to beat. And Japan getting up over Tonga...sweet. I hope the ARU does everything it can to promote it, as it will at least have variety.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2