Thread: Neddies In A Class Of Their Own

vCash

Neddies In A Class Of Their Own

Neddies In A Class Of Their Own

It was Nedlands first and daylight second when the competition leaders gave third-placed Palmyra a 42-14 lesson at the Foreshore today in the Home Building Society match of the round.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Agree with that.

Champion
    vCash
    neddies did outplay pally. but the ref didnt help pally one bit. atleast too dodgy calls against pally put nedlands into scoring positions. and being the good team neddies are, they scored. This was by far some of the worst reffing i have ever seen. And can someone tell me why the touchy isnt wired to the field ref?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Live with it, pruc. Learn a little and move on. On the day Neddies out played us in most positions.
    Palmyra had too many underdone players and started slowly. We will improve.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc
    neddies did outplay pally. but the ref didnt help pally one bit. atleast too dodgy calls against pally put nedlands into scoring positions. and being the good team neddies are, they scored. This was by far some of the worst reffing i have ever seen. And can someone tell me why the touchy isnt wired to the field ref?
    Pruc. Mate. The ref, Sean Popperwell, CANED Nedlands with penalties. The penalty count must have been something like 25-8 against Nedlands. I'm just surprised he didn't go for the yellow card.

Those penalties gave Paly their best chances, but they couldn't do a thing with them.

This was very far from being the best Paly could do, even in the circumstances. Paly lacked support and were dreadful at protecting the ball, giving Blair Morris and Ryan Symes a field day in the loose. Did you guys replace Jerry Viriki with a clone or something?

The back line was stilted and awkward, there was none of the fluid attack I am used to seeing from this team. And it wasn't all down to Nedlands pressure -- Paly had plenty of opportunities in the second half.

Every team has its off days and this was Paly's, big time. I look forward to see them getting into top gear later in the season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pruc
    ... thanks Fulvio & Rick for the initial replies. Unfortunately pruc your reaction is typical of a one-eyed supporter. No offence meant, it's just that a one-eyed supporter is only looking at the game from one perspective. There may be a case of "we was robbed" if the score was close, but it wasn't on Saturday, hey?

I wasn't at the game but talked with one of the referee coaches who was there - he also confirmed Neddies were the ones caned by penalties (some scrum penalties in error as the Paly L/H was getting well beaten and standing up but the Neddies T/H was pinged, I believe).

But in answer to the TJ being wired up, all 1st grade matches have comms gear with both TJ's and ref wired up. Unless there was some form of technical hitch, I think you will find they were on the air to each other.

Also it depends on what instructions the ref gives to his TJs about what he'd like called. Remember the TJs are not there to referee the game, only to assist as required by the ref.