Thread: WF Wallabies

Apprentice
    vCash

WF Wallabies

Hi,

Given the abject performances of the Wallabies, come the first tri Nations match of the season. How many Wallabies representatives do you guys think the Western Force will have?

I think 2.

Cannon,
    Mackay,

Cheers

Jer

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    mmmm... In the wallabies squad, or as starters?

I haven't seen a lot of the Force boys play yet - we don;t get much televised union over here in the west - I'll have to see a few more of them in action first, although Cannon should certainly be in any Wallabies squad given current form - I'll have to see a bit more of Mackay.

What about Sharpe, Fitter and Fava? I would think Sharpe will still have it, and Fava and Fitter didn't do that bad did they?

There's a lot of games to be watched between now and the next tri-nats.

I think I'll try and come up with a running score card for Western Force players and see how they stand at the end of the year... (yet another task added to the list!) I guess no harm in making one for all the Australian S14 teams - once I've done it once the rest should be easy (if I actually get around to doing it the once...)

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Good thread starter Jer!
    Personally I think Lachlan MacKay is still a little green to be in the final twenty two (with competition from Larkham, Giteau and Rogers) but should definately feature in the train on squad and perhaps Australia A duties.
    Brendan Cannon and Nathan Sharpe will definately be in the squad and I would think Sharpe an automatic selection. Matt Henjaks immediate future in some part revolves around the career decisions of George Gregan and Chris Whitaker because he still appears to be rated as the number three following the Wales selections.
    With the current front row dramas I feel that David Fitter has done enough to justify continuing to develop him as the first choice Tighthead.
    Scott Fava will remain in the extended squad but will find it difficult to make another break through whilst they select George Smith at Number 8.
    Two potential bolters for me could be (Under 21 World Cup star) Cameron Shepherd at Fullback and (selected in the last touring squad but injured before depature) Scott Daruda at Fly Half.
    Others that I feel will be on the verge of train on squad selection following a S14 season will be Junior Pelesasa, Brock James, Tim Davidson and Digby Ioane.
    There are many variables as to who will actually get the jerseys but for mine I would think that the following (in order) would be very seriously considered for every match:
    Nathan Sharpe
    David Fitter
    Matt Henjak
    Brendan Cannon
    Junior Pelesasa

Apprentice
    vCash
    Hey Burgs,

Yep, forgot about Sharpe! I think Fitter may take a bit of a while to recover from this tour.

Fava is possibly the best No 8 in the country, a real shame that they play Smith out of position.

I think that Whitaker might struggle to keep Brett Shehean out of the Waratahs, which may in turn help Henjacks cause.

Cheers

Jer