Thread: Mazda Australia first naming rights sponsor of the ARC

vCash

Post Mazda Australia first naming rights sponsor of the ARC

Check out the spirit jersey and others here http://www.oneaussie.com.au/AUSTRALI...MPIONSHIPS.htm

Mazda Australia first naming rights sponsor of the ARC
    May 15, 2007 - 3:21pm
    Story by: ARU
    The Australian Rugby Union today announced that Mazda Australia will be the naming rights sponsor of the inaugural Australian Rugby Championship.

Mazda Australia has agreed to a two year naming rights arrangement with the Australian Rugby Union.

Teams will compete for the “Mazda Cup”, with the player of the tournament receiving a Mazda vehicle as a prize.

Doug Dickson, managing director of Mazda Australia said the ARC is an exciting concept.

“The ARC creates a focus on Australia’s upcoming rugby talent and adds another dimension to the sport by creating a professional platform to showcase our country’s gifted young players.”

“Through our association with the QLD Reds and NSW Waratahs, Mazda has a longstanding relationship with rugby in Australia and our naming sponsorship of the ARC is a natural progression.”

“Wherever possible Mazda seeks to be a significant sponsor and Mazda’s major partnership with the ARC is in line with this overall strategy.”

The ARU’s General Manager Commercial Operations Brian Thorburn says the ARC and Mazda Australia are a perfect fit.

“Mazda is internationally famous for its innovation. The fact that is will be the inaugural sponsor of an innovation such as the Australian Rugby Championship is very exciting,” he said.

“Mazda’s desire to be the naming rights sponsor for the tournament is evidence of its commitment to the success of Australian rugby.

The Australian Rugby Championship will feature eight teams from Queensland, NSW, Western Australia, the ACT and Victoria.

The competition will also feature the introduction of the so-called Experimental Law Variations, (ELVs) aimed at bringing a new pace and energy to the game.

More than 90 professional players will headline the tournament which kicks off on August 11th and concludes with the final in October.

“More than 550 applications were received from players around the country to take part in the ARC, a fantastic response to this landmark national competition,” Brian Thorburn added.

Waratahs centre and 20 test cap Wallaby Morgan Turinui and fellow former Wallaby and current Brumbies lock Alister Campbell were in attendance at today’s major sponsor unveiling at North Sydney Oval.

“The ARC will open doors for a number of players moving through the club or Academy systems,” Morgan Turinui said.

“New Zealand has the Provincial competition and South Africa the Currie Cup and its good to see a similar tier of competition now in Australia,” he said.

The ARU also today unveiled the draw for 2007 with two ARC matches launching the competition on Friday August 10.

The Sydney Fleet and the Central Coast Rays will do battle at North Sydney Oval from 7pm while the Perth Spirit take on the Western Sydney Rams at Members Equity Stadium in Perth, also on August 10.

The final will be staged on the weekend of October 13 and 14.

The ARU has established the ARC to provide a much-needed stepping-stone between club rugby and the elite level of the game.

A number of Super 14 players will star in the Australian Rugby Championship.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    <>

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Have been in contact with One Aussie to see if we can get an early order of "Oversize" jersey's and polo's from Canterbury for TWF's "ballast sized" members however they haven't heard back from Canterbury yet.
    The information is that Canterbury are far more "generously sized" than ISC gear though so may be worth a punt.
    Have also contacted the Force Store with the same request but they don't seem interested in replying to my email.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player Contributor hopep's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Sorry COACH - disagree. I think the FLEET playing strip looks better. I'll still support SPIRIT of course.
    I'll be buying the polo shirt, where the spirit colours work very nicely. All those wide hoops do nothing for the figure at my age....

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Isn't that funny - the two most traditional strips are Perth and Melbourne. Possibly the only two that won't need an away strip as well, depending on how dark the Rays strip goes when wet.

I'd have to agree, the Fleet strip probably looks best but it is a bit Brumbiesque for my taste. Imagine the conspiracy theories if that had been the Rebels strip..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Have been in contact with One Aussie to see if we can get an early order of "Oversize" jersey's and polo's from Canterbury for TWF's "ballast sized" members however they haven't heard back from Canterbury yet.
    The information is that Canterbury are far more "generously sized" than ISC gear though so may be worth a punt.
    Have also contacted the Force Store with the same request but they don't seem interested in replying to my email.
    i think the isc stuff is better sized my self (3xl for me)

What size are you burgs SM (small Marquee?) if so you may have to sew a few together

Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Not being one eyed, by Spirit *do* have the best jersey!
    Must agree the strip is much better than the name

<>