Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Best rugby school

vCash
    in previous years the Aranmore side would have thumped 90% of public schools and it would ahve been a semi close match against the psa's tops school.... theres used to be a Public V Private school rep game that was played as a warm up match to the test rugby in perth. This was canned cause the private school principles didnt like to see there students getting smashed !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Didn't mean to throw the cat amongst the pigeons there. Agree that the current crop of Aranmore 1st Xvers would probably struggle against Hale, but would still happily towel the other PSA teams.

The fact there aren't any in the State Schoolboys really doesn't hold much water given that none actually registered to trial this year. A few rocked up but didnt get much game time.

Having said that however, the boys in the final 23 is still the best 23 at the schoolboy level in WA and I wouldn't swap any of them for an Aranmore player (well maybe that Zac Holmes and his dodgy shoulder :-) )

Haven't seen their Year 10s and 8s play yet (July - September), but their Year 9s are going very well.

They have great depth and offer rugby scholarships, but then again Barra's probably gotta a bit of coin so fees shoudln't be an issue!

Come the revolution, the backs will be the first to be lined up against the wall and shot for living parasitically off the work of others....

vCash
    Last time they had that private vs public i think was the Boks vs Wallabies in 05 and Hale was playing JTC and Hale won.

gotheforce how do you know so much the Hale 1st XV? Are you in the PSA competition yourself?

Agreed Zacko!

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    I've already left school some time ago. I'm in the coaching group, Shaun. I've been coaching different schools, both PSA and CSC, for the past 3 years. And thus, i know the some of the teams, players and the other coaches as well.

And I also watch Hale play quite often enough to know how the team plays. I've got to say i think your fullback, Dane, is a quality player, & could prob go the distance.

vCash
    Yeah Dane is a really good player. What do you think of Rory #13 if he just built himslef up a little bit he could go far.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Prop Star

Having said that however, the boys in the final 23 is still the best 23 at the schoolboy level in WA and I wouldn't swap any of them for an Aranmore player (well maybe that Zac Holmes and his dodgy shoulder :-) )
    Haha thanks Prop Star, i dont know what dodgy shoulder your speaking of.

Prospect
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Hale is by far the leading rugby school in WA. Our head coach Steve McFarland was in charge of the Western Force Academy; but decided to return to Hale to coach our 1st team and to teach History. He is also the 1st grade coach of Soaks. Ben Lindeegard a former Western Force Academy member takes the 10A's. Hale have been represented well in the past years at state schoolboy level and will most certainly do so in the years to come. Our first team has won the cup for the last few years and I would put everything on them to bring it home again this year.

The thread topic says "best rugby school" so talk of academics are irrelevant. Anyways Hale is the top PSA school as accoriding to the last couples of years TEE results.
    U r to right i halian now and the first beat trinity 120-0

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    please translate into English

vCash
    You've gotta love a GPS thread.

Where are these precious petals in rugby WA pro ranks?

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesBrown View Post
    in previous years the Aranmore side would have thumped 90% of public schools and it would ahve been a semi close match against the psa's tops school.... theres used to be a Public V Private school rep game that was played as a warm up match to the test rugby in perth. This was canned cause the private school principles didnt like to see there students getting smashed !
    It happens everywhere. They don't like it up em

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    please translate into English
    I believe you to be 100% (if not more) correct in your assertion. I now attend Hale School and our 1st XV defeated Trinity College, the score being 120 points to nil.

This is, of course, full of factual inaccuracies and should be disregarded as some sort of "sabre rattling".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    any male kids of mine that I know of will be going there....evetually.
    ...priceless Burgs, just priceless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Watto(hale) View Post
    You do understand that you don't do Hale any favors by actually talking don't you?

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    The best thing to grow Rugby in WA Schools is to send all the best to Hale for PSA and to Aranmore for CSC . Here the boys all learn to win by 100 plus, reckon they're top dogs and waiting for the call from Robbie of Vern - Then they leave School and "Oh Dear" they don't getthat call and what's more the prick of a head coach has not given them captaincy of Premier Grade - In fact they have to play with Under 18's or even under 20's... OMG, they are shattered, Mum and Dad too - They never learnt a darn thing did they??

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    If I were president of Nedlands and had to put up with that, after all I'd done for them, I'd withdraw all logistic and coaching support from the public schools and refuse to allow their kids to play for Neddies.

That would learn the whining, wingeing ungrateful sods.

So why do you supply them with all that support if they're nothing but trouble?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast