Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies training squad - 14 Force players

Champion
    vCash
    Well.... well done to a Wesley old Boy ADAM WALLACE-HARRISON. the only REAL WA selection for camp wallaby

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I second that emotion Pruc, now we just need to get him back this side of the fence!
    Be great if he earns the right to debut against Fiji, Sheehan (Gero born and raised) at #9 perhaps....

Perhaps the big winner out of this Squad selection may be Stanners.
    If Gits is tipped to spend time at #9 then we will surely need a solid #12 line breaker to run off Bernie?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    I second that emotion Pruc, now we just need to get him back this side of the fence!
    last season in an interview he had he suggested returning home. i think he said something along the lines of 'if the force had of come around 4months ago, i would still be living in perth'. it would be great for him to come back home. especially for rugby at wesley .. i mean finally an ex student who isnt in trouble with drugs!!; [ie. Michael Gardiner, James Harvey and Ben Cousins]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Perhaps the big winner out of this Squad selection may be Stanners.
    If Gits is tipped to spend time at #9 then we will surely need a solid #12 line breaker to run off Bernie?
    There is also a bit of talk about Adam Ashley-Cooper playing 12 if Giteau is used at 9. The thought being that Staniforth and Mortlock play too alike (not my words) to be both in the centres, but then Ashley-Cooper has mostly played outside centre/wing this year with the only regular starter from the Brumbies not in the Wallabies squad, Gene Fairbanks playing at 12. So I guess it would just continue in the Wallabies current "policy" of playing people out of their best position...
    I still think the 9/10/12 combo should be Gregan/Larkham/Giteau, but going from most reports that seems unlikely to be used.

Last edited by Evie; 08-05-07 at 14:47.
    Adore this life
    There is no guarantee
    Could end by tomorrow

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Although he is a little smaller I would put Ashley-Cooper into the same mould as Stanners and Mortlock in that he is also very "crash-n-bash".
    That's not a criticism, I would rate him amongst Australia's most improved this year and I don't think he would be out of place, at least on the bench.
    Stanners seems to go unheralded for his skills though, he often makes the off load or finds a gap rather than just charging into the tackle like many big centres.
    I imagine it will be horses for courses though with perhaps bigger solid backs against the ABs and more nimble fleet of foot against the Boks.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Always the voice of wisdom Burgs - and I agree, Thequeerone - Yak can snipe and tackle but he also plays like an extra loose forward. Perhaps this is an indication of how knuckles wants to play - a No 9 who is primarily a ball distributor. That would be a shame. the inclusion of Force players in the training and perhaps "A" squad will do wonders for their confidence and experience. It seems to have matured Sheps no end.
    For what its worth a great backline would be Gregan, Larkham, Giteau, Mortlock, Turner, Tuquiri and Shepherd, with a Spanner on the bench....

vCash
    turner too inexperienced i reck

vCash
    I would pick Digby over Turner if you want some more pure speed.

vCash
    Digby and Turner are too inexperienced for mine, give them AUS A, as much as possible.

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    After reading through all of this, I feel that it screams that we need to look off shore for a coach for our NATIONAL team. For to long, the old boy’s / buddies club has ruled with selections. A new coach with no personal bias would choose on merit. This had worked for the Soccer Team, as we all saw in their World Cup.
    Who to choose, or where to look I can’t say. There are others more qualified to work that out.
    A fresh start is needed in Australian Rugby. A foreign coach would do just that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    The thought being that Staniforth and Mortlock play too alike (not my words) to be both in the centres.
    Which player in their right mind would try to run through that gap?
    Burgs is spot on as always. Staniforth is so under-rated as a ball distributer, not just a crash ball. Some of his offloads last year as inside were Giteau-esque

Also, maybe give Lach Turner another year of provincial/super rugby before urging him into the nation team. No need to rush him and burn him out. The problem with Digby is his big weakness under the high ball, which could be highly exploited at an international level by the likes of Carter...any thoughts?

Senior Player
    vCash

Question

In the words of someone else, Digby couldn't catch a cold. And as for Turner being too young and in danger of being burnt out too early, just look at Gregan, and Kearns, and Eales, etc. I am concerned that we (the Wallabies) lack genuine speed to match the likes of Gear, Sivivatu, Rokokoko, Habana, even Brent Russell. Lote has lost some pace in his efforts to 'bulk up' I feel. Who else on the wing? Rathbone has been out of action for a while, Gerrard is (as always) overrated. At least Turner can kick, unlike Digby, Lote....

vCash
    personally, and i doubt people will agree with me, i hope turner doesnt make the team until we get a new coach..but i'll keep that one quiet..having said that he did survive a year with ewan, and still managed to score a couple of (induvidual) tries...

Rookie
    vCash
    Littleleck speaks the truth. Aus does not need props coaching any provincial side. the front 3 understand (presumably) what happens in there and McKenzie, Eddie & co have proved they have no idea what the other 12 players are meant to do. As far as blooding youngsters go Beejay, I think you need to consider how much video scutiny goes on today as apposed to 12 years ago. Not sure you picked the right guys - Horan & Little were younger and Farr Jones less exp. Hard for Beale & Co thrust into the super analysed Super 14 comp of today. They have a future. Anyway I'm off to the heart of future Aus rugby tomorrow - GPS schoolboys tomorrow - have a good weekend.

you boys over there happy with Aus's bickest dhead ... Mr Cousins?

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    I always thought Campo was the man, apart from that, your on the money.
    Cousins has diddly squat to do with rugby. Cheap shot, and no relevance to our game.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast