Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: YES! Force prove there the real deal

Apprentice
    vCash

YES! Force prove they're the real deal

Great win!!!!
    but still a few questions???
    The questions-
    Should Gits be the kicker for western force??
    I think he did very well tonight. Alot of pressure kicking in place of Sheps but thats the class of Gits, He handles pressure very well. I think Sheps is still the man to use the boot and no doubt he will be next week. Now the pressure is on him to do as well as Gits. I think he will.

Gits in 12??
    Oh hell yeah. We all know thats where he plays his best rugby and Hingles played well so lets not move gits. please!!!
    Junior is in a bit of trouble i think. Lets give Hingledorf?? a bit more match experiance and i think he will be a great Fly Half. Tonight he only laged in fittnes i think. He wasn't always there and gits had to go to Fly Half to cover to much.

Digby on the wing??
    I think he is playing great rugby on the wing and should stay there. Lets not worry about Staniforth leaving but i think Staniforth will! be better in outside centre. I think thats the best question. If we want Staniforth to stay he needs to take Ryan Corss's Spot and i think he will play better then Cross in outside centre.

what does everyone think about all of this??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; 31-03-07 at 00:06.
    GO THE FORCE!!!

Rookie
    vCash
    You ever kicked with a blown out knee? Puts a lot of pain in the knee area. I'm sure Sheps will kick when fit.

Giteau did ok at 12, I think with a bit more 'go forward' from the front, he'll do far better, I don't think he had enough room to move tonight.

Digby did well, there was some "Ioane of Auld" with his ball security, but he's improving quite noticably.

vCash
    Sheps won't kick next week, may not play I was talking to him after the game he said his knee was hurting. Drew had a cracker and Yak is class. Digby is great and deserves his spot. Gits great gaps and kicking. Pocock is the best #7 in Australia at the moment.

That's my 2 cents

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Rookie
    vCash
    Sorry, I'm new here. Are you the team doctor?

vCash
    I wish haha

Rookie
    vCash
    Ok, but I'm assuming you're qualified to make a statement such as Sheps won't be playing next week because he told you his knee was sore?

vCash
    Fantastic win - again completely gobsmacked by the commitment by the guys - the force have really come of age!! GO FORCE!! Two on the table - maybe a sign of things to come.... It was great to see the Dorf at #10 again - he did great last season and has started off where he left off in my opinion. I thought the ref was awful again tonight - it'll be interesting to watch the reply to see exactly what happened.

I'd still like to see Mitch try out the following backline... (when all are fit) - Even with the dropped ball Digby is just exciting to watch and some great leg drive.

9. Henjak
    10. Giteau
    11. Mitchell
    12. Staniforth
    13. Cross
    14. Ioane
    15. Shepherd

Great game boys!!! Come On BRING IT ON!!!

Now for the Tour!!! GO THE FORCE!!!!

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Shaun is a very wise young man. Bacon, you would do very well to take heed of his every word.

Rookie
    vCash
    Clearly, I will do this in future.

vCash
    Flamethrower......

No, I talk to Sheps after each game whe he comes around. He said his knee was hurting a lot and hopes he will be right for the Crusaders. So on that comment I'm assuming he will be in doubt to play and therefore more doubt to kick. Anyways let's just hope he is 100%

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    What did you want to say Shaun??

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Hopefully he didn't use up all his power for "that kick"

vCash
    Appparently he has some slight ligament damage. Lots of players carry on with slight tears. However kicking is not such a great idea.

What a great result tho. Just got home and gonna have a few more to celebrate. What made the win so valuable was that the oppo played pretty well and made few mistakes.

Onward and upward!!!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    For what it's worth, and my opinion isn't worth that much, but probably the best win from the Force.

The downer, just how close the Set Efrikens got to scoring in the closing minutes.

But, this is a team which has now only lost 2 games all year.

The speed with which they followed up their kicks was impressive, yet the Force didn't panic, and were able to consolidate and play their own game.

Mitchell, I thought played an excellent game, as did virtually all the team.

Evbery game this year, they've improved, and this win tonight, against quality opposition, how sweet it was.

I mean, the guys were tested, yet concentrated on playing their own game.

Only thing was, with a few minutes to go, perhaps they should have gone for the try, (against 13 players) rather than going for the penalty, which ended up against the right hand post and rebounded into play.

But then again, the guys on the field are the real deal.

Congrats to them all, and Mitch.

If I wasn't a has been, I could've been a never was.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    On Ten News Thursday night they announced Gits would do the kicking to avoid the jarring of Sheps knee damage from striking the ball.
    If my learned friend Dr Hairyback has word it was sore after the match then I would suggest that it would be highly unlikely for him to be taking the kicks next week, IF he plays at all...
    Not a player that Mitch will want to risk at all.
    As for tonight, generally good (anytime you beat the #2 side on the ladder must have merit!) but we should keep a cap on the excitment by morning.
    Scrums were very "Australian" which is a big concern having the Crusaders next week. Pretty sure we didn't win one stable scrum.
    Just the one crooked lineout and a couple of pilfers of theirs, on balance pretty good there.
    Although only pinged for it once, Rudi is a worry leaning on his opposite jumper in the air.
    Yet another great try and a couple of decent breaks by Jimmy, Tai and Mitch. An excellent night from Pocock. Almost worthy of Man of the Match off the bench!
    9/10 for Sharpey too, both better than Gits for mine.
    As Gits indicated in the post match interview, once the victory is celebrated I am sure Mitch will have them back to earth to work on a few troublesome areas from tomorrow.
    All in all a good solid hit out, defended the lead well and a win is a win is a win...
    Currently 2nd but should slide a little after tomorrow.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast