Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: True Blue Blu Crew Supporter

vCash
    I'd like to point out to you lot that just because the people in the blue crew get free tickets does not mean the they are not keen supporters. I have been to EVERY SINGLE HOME GAME (including pre-season) since this team started and I watch every away game at the pub. Now I would safely say I'm a keen supporter. I have been apart of the Blue Crew a couple of times this year because as a student I have some weeks been unable to afford to go to the games. I had a membership (NOSE BLEED SECTION IRON) last year which I saved up for 3 months for and unfortunately this year I couldn't afford to renew it. I love watching the team play and if I can't afford to scratch my arse for a week I'll quite happily take the free tickets and go look like a fool in the Blue Crew to support my team. If you think this is wrong then I apologise however if some weeks I am again living on $1, I will try to get the myself a ticket with the Blue Crew. Cheers and Go the Force

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SWRugby
    Bloke in centre of picture wearing black shirt so thats just pathetic free tickets for "the blue crew" and cant even wear blue!!! and the shiela with the puffy powder blue jumper (bottom left of pic) thats just not on!!!!

well good point callum when you recive the ticket for the blue crew section they also supply you with a Blue Crew Shirt and hat.

i also have been part of the blue crew, not for the free tickets as i had already purchased tickets for the game b4 the blue crew tickets were offered to me but to be part of what i thort was the main cheer squad for the force.

alot of these blue crewers are passionate but some sort of audittion is required to weed out the ones without the faith.

vCash
    Good points Driffy and Krusher - Driffy - the only person in the Blue Crew who is making a pratt of themselves is the guy who insists on starting the Wave during play and those who ain't jumping around like the rest of Subi.

Also have spoken to people who got free tickets with the blue crew, went had an absolute ball and will go again even if they have to pay - like Krusher I believe there should be an audition and further they should only be allowed 3 free tickets - by then they should be hooked and pay for em like the rest of us.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    and wear Blue Crew shirts (or Force gear) as provided, otherwise get out. Only fair if they are freebies.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Not all people who are in the Blue crew are dickheads, or fools, or whatever else has been said...Just like everything else, there are a few duds thrown into the mix...Like, everyone in qld is not like eddie jones, or not every Newsouthwelshman is like sage...( i have just re-read that and i think you might misunderstand the meaning behind that comment sage, i definately am not refering to you as a dud or any of the other titles, just that we all are individuals and shouldn't be tarnished with the same brush for who we are associated with)
    We are predominantly aiming our sarcasm and criticism on the ones who get free tickets then don't either get behind the Force, or act like fools at inopportune times...I know what it is like to have no cash and score some free tickets, and don't blame you for getting in there and having a blast, but a lot of the other supporters who pay for gold/silver etc memberships feel they are being overlooked in favour of the blu crew and perhaps feel a bit jipped about it...The whole purpose of Gerry posting this thread was to point out that not everyone in the Blu crew are actually there to support the Force...
    Just keep on enjoying yourself drifty, any way you can and don't feel criticism is directed at you personally...

Last edited by frontrow; 30-03-07 at 13:10.
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    I guess the Blue Crew will have to do. Since we don't have Cheerleaders.

Legend Contributor
    vCash

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Well done Happy, bloody funny...

vCash
    I agree with you all and I will be getting a membership again next year even if I have to start saving a year in advance. I agree that I feel like a much better supporter with a membership but this year it just wasn't possible.

vCash
    more gold from the happster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    [IMG]bluecrew.jpeg[/IMG]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    happy thats class!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I honestly cant believe the amount of time people are wasting on this thread.

Comments like : "but a lot of the other supporters who pay for gold/silver etc memberships feel they are being overlooked in favour of the blu crew and perhaps feel a bit jipped about it..."

What are you on about? Do you want some free shirts?? Do you want the cameras on you?

If the rest of the crowd got into the game a bit more then we wouldnt need a Blue Crew. They were created to make a bit of noise and I think they do a great job.

It seems to me most people are jacked off that they arent getting some sort of accolades for being members??!?!?!.... Wake up people! Rugby is a great game and will attract NEW supporters from other sports.

I just keep shaking my head at some of the comments I have read on this subject.

I know for a fact that a lot of the people in there are rugby fans / players.

And for the record I hold membership.

vCash
    omg happy I just got the best laugh from that! laughed out loud at my desk when i'm supposed to be working. ah well.

A classic my friend.

vCash
    Warney, just keep on shaking your head then, talk about taking it over the top...What i was refering to Warney is the fact that these people are being viewed by the media and the players as the die hard, hardcore fans, when most won free tickets on a radio station and get a free shirt or whatever, and the first place the players run to at the end of a game is to them rather than the members who actively finance the Forces coffers...
    I dont know what games you've been to but i know that the crowd around me when i go are very vocal in thier support and get right into cheering along with the rest of the supporters, not just the blue crew mate...
    So get off your high horse and relax, enjoy tonights game and check out the support all around the ground, rather than your friends in blue crew land...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast