Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Best beer in the world?

vCash
    Even though they are very popular , because of very good marketing. All the US light beers are garbage. Natural, Bud; Miller,...ect ect. They are like flavored water. Very popular with college kids because they are cheap.

I really can't drink anything that's real hoppy. The worst I ever had was Magners. Even though it's not beer it still sucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post

I really can't drink anything that's real hoppy. The worst I ever had was Magners. Even though it's not beer it still sucks.
    Posted via Mobile Device

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiza View Post
    can we vote for worst beer?
    There's no point. As everyone knows the worst beer in the world is 'West End Draught'

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    There's no point. As everyone knows the worst beer in the world is 'West End Draught'
    Speights would run a close second.I still haven't recovered from queenstown!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiza View Post
    Not really a beer drinker but had a nice Witbier from the Colonial Brewery in Margaret River this weekend. Little Creatures Pale Ale's always a good choice too.

....can we vote for worst beer? When I was on exchange in the USA I had a beer by the name of Natural Light (aka "natty" light). I wouldn't even call it a beer....complete and utter rubbish!!
    SKiza was spot on! #3

http://www.ratebeer.com/Ratings/TheWorstBeers.asp

Australian Top beers per brew.com.au

Top 5 Beers
    Coopers DB (9.27)
    Coopers Best Extra Stout (9.25)
    Sheaf Stout (9.20)
    Southwark Premium (9.04)
    Coopers Regency Draught (9.01)

Last edited by LarryNJ; 22-06-10 at 01:30.

vCash
    It's quite obvious Larry that none of the people who compiled that list has ever drunk, for want of a better word, a West End Draught.
    Made from the dark and murky 'waters' of the river torrens, one of the few australian rivers that flows, oozes may be better, upside down with the mud on the top.

The water of this South Australia river is strained, filtered, chlorinated and boiled before being marked as not fit for human consumption or consumption in general, it is then added to the left over dregs of the hops that have already been used by coopers to make their fine ales, stirred by a herpes ridden, leprous pervert who gobs in the tanks, and is then added to cans of horse piss before finally being marketed as Fosters and people would still rather drink Fosters than West End Draught.

vCash

Senior Player Contributor WaterBoy's Avatar
    vCash
    It's quite obvious Larry that none of the people who compiled that list has ever drunk, for want of a better word, a West End Draught.
    Made from the dark and murky 'waters' of the river torrens, one of the few australian rivers that flows, oozes may be better, upside down with the mud on the top.

The water of this South Australia river is strained, filtered, chlorinated and boiled before being marked as not fit for human consumption or consumption in general, it is then added to the left over dregs of the hops that have already been used by coopers to make their fine ales, stirred by a herpes ridden, leprous pervert who gobs in the tanks, and is then added to cans of horse piss before finally being marketed as Fosters and people would still rather drink Fosters than West End Draught.
    After that rant, i really think that i need to try a West End Draught, no publicity is bad publicity.

Got to love the 'member profiles', have a look...

http://www.dunsboroughdungbeetles.com/ Don't seem to have a webpage anymore so go to https://www.facebook.com/Dunsborough...tlesRugbyClub/

vCash
    Well yes they have...here's a few comments from ratebeer.com

UPDATED: JUN 10, 2009 You know you’re drinking a shit beer when the main thing you can taste is metallic chemicals. I’d rather drink my own piss out of a toilet then West End. If you’re coming to South Australia, choose Coopers. EDIT: They’ve now removed the chemicals! However, it’s still utter shit.

If you like this, you do not like beer

West End. Comes out the west end rapidly after consumption. South Australians drink anything. Thankfully the Coopers Brewery picks up the slack where this shit fails to strive. Utter garbage.

Quite possibly the worst beer on the planet. My only regret about rating this beer was that the ratings don’t go into the minuses. This is actually offensive, but then again most things from Adelaide generally are. Re-Rate: Went back to Adelaide recently and decided to give this another go. Not as bad as remembered the first time, but still pretty awful. Goes from a 1/10 to a 3/10 purely because it did not freak me out as much as the first time I tried it. Interesting to note I brought a six-pack home with me and distributed one each to six of my mates. Reports back to me varied from undrinkable to shithouse, to never wanting to speak to me again. One of them said ’If that’s the sort of present you give to your mate, then what the f&^# do you give to people you don’t like"?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Personal experience : doing the interminable cross-country bus trip, first stop into SA, fanging for an ale, went to the bar and asked for a beer and got a West End. Even as a completely parched bare-bones-of-the-arse student, the first mouthful got spit out as a spray and an accusing look cast around looking for the the practical joker. Finally sussed that it was for real (and that the locals were taking exception to the swearing), stumped up for a spirits and left the beer as totally undrinkable swill. Vile filth, possibly the work of satanic forces.

vCash
    Thank God Geeks like beer too!

[YOUTUBE]c3Cq0sy4TBs[/YOUTUBE]

vCash

7th anniversary

Since this was one of the first threads over 7 years ago we can't ever let it die. Beer (no mangers) is what makes TWF survive.

In honor of Oktoberfest which is just finishing up I had one of these. Even though it's not an Oktoberfest beer it is very good. Try one if you see it.

vCash
    "free beer"

end of conversation!

vCash
    Name:  el diablo.JPG
Views: 946
Size:  20.8 KB

From the country that brought you Bintang, now comes El Diablo... pretty good actually for a beer brewed in East Java.

Love wandering up to a bar in Bali and asking for "a couple of large Devils please barman"

'Rugby and sex are the only things you can enjoy without being good at them.' -anonymous

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE BOOG View Post
    "free beer"

end of conversation!
    A pallet of Southwarks is on it's way, unc.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast