Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Force Demolish Queensland!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    IMHO - first offence or otherwise, a spear tackle should be rewarded with at least a red card

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash

Force Demolish Queensland

Well it was always gonna happen, but 38 - 3 oh my goone

GO THE FORCE

Shame about the scrum for some reasons hmmm

So good to see a loyal crowd at Subiaco as always, wish i was there in some ways

ALSO NICE TO SEE THE CHIEFS HAVE THEIR FIRST WIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Regan
    But the referee had a brain explosion. Not a penalty try, and certainly not a yellow card.
    Definately NOT a brain explosion - the law is quite clear, if the referee deems that a professional foul occurs which prevents a try being scored then a penalty try is awarded and the infringing player is carded.

I agreed totally with the ref - in fact I was on my feet screaming and celebrating the try as soon as the ball had been knocked down because I knew the try was going to be awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Question for our referees. Is the ref bound to issue a yellow in that situation?
    Professional foul preventing a try = card

Last edited by blindsid3; 17-03-07 at 15:13. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Fair play to the Force, but don't get carried away - apart from the Hurricanes (and perhaps the Bulls) you haven't yet been really tested and you've had a very helpful draw. Queensland are completely decimated by horendous injury toll and they were completely crippled by that ****wit of a referee. You defeated a Qld third fifteen out there last night.

If you can win against Blues, Crusaders, Sharks etc (and I don't believe you'll get too close - sorry), then you've achieved something. For mine, Auckland are a mile in front in this competition and will win it easily.

vCash
    No a yellow card was not warranted there. A yellow card for the spear tackle though. To me it looked like he was trying for the intercept.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic
    Fair play to the Force, but don't get carried away - apart from the Hurricanes (and perhaps the Bulls) you haven't yet been really tested and you've had a very helpful draw. Queensland are completely decimated by horendous injury toll and they were completely crippled by that ****wit of a referee. You defeated a Qld third fifteen out there last night.

If you can win against Blues, Crusaders, Sharks etc (and I don't believe you'll get too close - sorry), then you've achieved something. For mine, Auckland are a mile in front in this competition and will win it easily.
    I thought we were the Queensland 3rd XV

vCash
    Good point Gerry.

Regarding the penalty try.....there is a big difference between attempting an intercept (generally involves catching the ball or hitting it up to allow it to be caught at a 2nd attempt) and a deliberate knock-on to prevent the attacking team from scoring a try. On this occasion, the winger knocked the ball DOWN and therefore was making no attempt to catch the ball = professional foul, penalty try & yellow card.

Regarding the spear tackle, as soon as the tackled player's hips are raised above his head/shoulders then the tackler has a duty of care to either let go of the player or to cradle him to the ground. Either way, if the tackled player lands on his head/shoulders then an offence has been committed = penalty & yellow card (minimum).

In my opinion, the referee controlled the game well, apart from the scrums when he seemed to be as clueless as the Reds' front row in terms of how to scrummage!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Yep, accuse me of bias.......but the penalty try was warranted, I thought.

The Queenslander made no attempt at an intercept, his hand went out and the only intention was to knock it forward.

So for mine, the penalty try was warranted, and me too was screaming for it before the ref awarded it.

Was it worthy of a sned-off as well???

I don't know. Leave that to the experts.

As for the spear tackle, that in itself was worthy of a send off.

Friggin prick.

Leave our Drew alone.

If I wasn't a has been, I could've been a never was.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Prospect
    vCash

Smile

I mssed watching the game at Subi. Am always out of town on Fridays
    can anyone tell me whether/when Foxtel replay Western Force games

vCash
    Well I won't bother trying to quote all you Force Fans who reckon Hynes definately tried to bat the ball down. The same ruling applied in the 'Tahs v Stormers game and the same result.

In the same game Ndugane and Habana also seemed to deliberately knock the ball down to prevent tries. Must have been deliberate as they had no chance of catching the balls. They were way over their heads.The difference is that both managed to bat the ball back. Both hailed as try savers.

I know what the law says, and there is a place for it as I said earlier. But NOT in intercept situations it's too open to interpretation and opinion. The law needs tweaking.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory
    I mssed watching the game at Subi. Am always out of town on Fridays
    can anyone tell me whether/when Foxtel replay Western Force games
    Normally on the day after they have the replay....then a short version on MOnday night...and sometimes the following Friday

vCash
    Rory, all the S14 games each weekend are replayed (in their chronological order) from early morning on Tuesdays. This week, Force v Reds is the second game.
    This is the only way I get to watch Sth Af games. The games are the edited 1 hour highlights, without all the dead play bits.

JediK post says it all. Hynes spear tackle deserved a red card on its own! Last year, his debut was on the wing as a youngster. His 'get square' tackle on the 'defector' Drew Mitchell shows that Hyne's maturity isn't matching his size or ability. His advice to the ref that he didn't knock the ball down defies the replays. Perhaps Eddie does have a point that some players are being thrown into the deep end too early.

You can only wonder if players aren't being told the laws, or how to intercept passes!

from little things, big things grow...

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tic

I don't think anybody is getting carried away tic and i agree with you on the future games, they will show us exactly where we are. But the important thing is we are improving and on plan as far as our development is concerned.

Not really sure that the ref was that bad and if you are referring to the scrum debacle then that was all to do with the inexperience of the Reds front row. In addition the Reds discipline let them down badly.

Just happy to be here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2