Thread: Post Function Report 2 March 2007

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Post Function Report 2 March 2007

Eastern Force

“from little things, big things grow”

The first official function of the Eastern Force has been and gone and this is the time to assess what happened, what was right, what when wrong and what can be done better next time.

The Super 14 match held at Aussie Stadium between Waratahs and the Emirates Western Force saw the Eastern Force come together for the first time. To be honest we have to consider this first outing of the Eastern Force a failure. 3 Eastern Force Members attended the Match, with only 2 attending the pre-match drinks. 2 of the 3 were the Eastern Force Co-Founders Tim Atherton and I.

Many questions must be asked and answered at this point;

Why the low numbers? Personally I blame myself. The membership drive was slow and did not really hit high gear until only a few weeks prior to the 2nd March Match. This lack of speed and preparedness on my part has to have a direct correlation to the lack of members and a lack of response from New South Wales based Emirates Western Force supporters. Whilst the support from RugbyWA was exceptional my lack of readiness ensured that when it was time for RugbyWA mail out, website and newsletter support ensured that any Emirates Western Force supporter would have already obtained tickets. Perhaps linking the Eastern Force with the match on 2nd March gave possible members the impression that the Eastern Force was a once off organisation, a flash in the pan.

The nine emailed enquiries I did receive and responded to only 2 replied again. What happened to the other 7? I am not sure. Possibly the Eastern Force Mission Statement and Code of Conduct scared these potential members away. Perhaps the response email was too impersonal in its approach to these new recruits. Perhaps with the mention of pre-match drinks at the Fox and Lion hotel scared away some potential members who’s ages or family situation was not indicative to that sort of environment.

2nd March Match – Waratahs v Emirates Western Force.
    NSW Rugby’s willingness to provide 2 blocks to the supporters of the Emirates Western Force is an excellent outcome for the Eastern Force, I will, in the next few weeks draft a letter of thanks to NSW Rugby for this consideration. The only criticism I have of these tickets relates to how the seats were allocated and the timing of the tickets mailed out to purchasers. This is something that I will take up with RugbyWA in a hope to ensure a better outcome to this game next time.

Advertising.
    More time and effort needs to be taken in advertising for the Eastern Force. Websites such as RugbyWA.com.au should be better utilised, if possible. As well as the continued utilisation of the Emirates Western Force unofficial Fan Site TheWholeForce.com who have kindly offered their support. Business cards stating the Eastern Force email address should have been printed to be passed to Emirates Western Force Supporters at the Force v Waratahs match. This should be our first priority, (as soon as we can find someone to pay for them).

Future.
    The Eastern Force will only grow from this first baby step. I am not about to give up on something I believe will work and has potential to be a strong vocal minority at Emirates Eastern Force games up and down the East Coast of Australia.

Eastern Force Co-Founder Tim Atherton is looking at going to Canberra for the Brumbies v Emirates Western Force match. Next year the first game at Subiaco I would like to bring across an Eastern Force Touring party as well as taking a Tour to Brisbane for the Reds v Emirates Western Force. It is hoped that RugbyWA can assist with those ventures.

Conclusion.
    Our beloved Coach John Mitchell said that he had a 3 Year plan for the Emirates Western Force to take them from nothing to on field success. I am willing to give the Eastern Force the same time frame. If we follow some basic principals;

Do the little things well, and
    Keep It Simple Stupid.

It is true: “From Little Things, Big Things Grow”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Hang in there brother. I'm sure you'll get many more members. I remember when TWF had less than 10 members and look at it now!

Of course Coach didn't have a 4 page list of rules you had to follow!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Face to Face is WAAAAAAYYYY harder than virtual... How many turned up to the first TWF drinks night? Only a few more than those that were already regulars at

You got Canberra to come, which may include another InnForcers Tour, and then the next step is to work on getting together for the Wallabies games! Not to mention getting togterh at a local for the remainder of the season!

Chin Up

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    You'll get there ex, keep plugging away at it...If you build it they will come...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Planning underway for 2009?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Fox and the Lion again?
    Posted via Mobile Device

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    I've pencilled in the Tahs game next year X, along with a a few gummies from here. We dont mind a social sip!

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    the numbers should be up this time round EX.......slomo, mrs slomo and 3 others heading over from perth for the tahs game.......look forward to seeing you there....