Thread: Ground announcer and Music

Apprentice
    vCash

Ground announcer and Music

Is it just me or would we be better off with a more entusiastic ground announcer? I mean he was so slow and deliberate and even then got the South African names wrong.
    Also the music seemed to take forever to come on and then was from a time so long ago that the artists are now in zimmer frames.
    At Suncorp the music is much more instant, maybe because the guy understand the game and the announcer is full of life

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    he has been doing the broadcasts for many years now, not sure what his name is?

If you want to change him then go ahead LOL I reckon that's the least of our problems right now!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Agreed that we have playing issues but if the atmosphere is better the players may lift.
    Heard many people saying after that they better lift on the pitch or they will stop coming.

Rookie
    vCash
    I would have to agree Pockets.
    I have only ever been to one soccer game and I remember the guy at Perth Oval (as it was known then) really got the crowd involved before the game and they made heaps of noise.
    Yes, there were pronunciations of names last year when the South Africans played here that were not very good.
    I seemed to remember reading somewhere in the paper in the Force liftout that they actually made a mention of it after one of those games!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pockets
    Agreed that we have playing issues but if the atmosphere is better the players may lift.
    Heard many people saying after that they better lift on the pitch or they will stop coming.
    The atmos needs to get a lot better - went to my first home game on Saturday, someone thrust a song sheet into my hand before the game, heared a few people singing them (over the blue crew and FORCE FORCE FORCE) i would rather sing - that might lift the atmos - and the players.

Good idea the song sheet - who ever not the footy show is.8)

vCash
    I agree, the grounds announcer is very ABC. You couldnt even understand him at times, he just became a hum... His excitement level is minimum.

Playing the same music at every game is just dull, that dire straits track is so old now its not funny.

Force could do so much more at home games, a bunch of lycra clad cyclists catching balls from a ball chucker is hardly entertaining.

Hasta la vista Pam