Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Taskforce Advised Rectangular Stadium Sustainable

vCash
    Well it wouldn't have been the one where that Pommy bloke dropped a goal, woudl it.........?!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    In (1) are you meaning a bulldozer job on the current one?

In(2) do you mean 25k on top of the current 15,000-odd(?) totalling 40K?

Just thinking that if the second is feasible that would probably be sufficient for all bar Bledisloe or Lions and possibly ZA Tests.
    Yup to (1)

(2) There are only 9000 odd permanent seats at MES all the rest is made up of temporary seating and standing.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ
    When many new stadiums got built here they charged you $1500 -$3000 a seat for a Personal Seat License. This simply gives you the rights to buy tickets for that seat. You still would have to pay whatever the ticket cost is for the season. You do own the rights and could sell them to whoever you wanted for any price you could get.

I'd forgotten about that. That is how they raised some of the money for Murrayfield (Scotland's national Rugby Stadium) to be built. It was called buying debentures. Basically you gave a stipulated amount of money for the right to have first dibs to purchase tickets to any event in the stadium for a particular seat for say 5 years.

Not sure how that model would work in our case though with different sports being involved. I think it only really works if demand is greater than supply, which doesn't apply to us at present.

Last edited by The EnForcer; 14-03-07 at 10:55. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    NewsBot gave a link to this article :

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone
    Ulster Rugby launched the Ulster Rugby MasterCard at Ravenhill today and encouraged supporters across Northern Ireland to apply for a card to secure major investment in the future of the game here.
    Ulster Rugby launched the Ulster Rugby MasterCard at Ravenhill today and encouraged supporters across Northern Ireland to apply for a card to secure major investment in the future of the game here.

Proceeds from the new Ulster Rugby Mastercard, provided by Bank of Ireland could benefit Ulster Rugby by as much as £500,000 over the next 3 years. In addition to receiving a one-off payment for each account opened, Ulster Rugby will receive a further contribution for each purchase made using the card.

All of the contributions and payments will fund both the successful Ulster Rugby Academy as well as giving financial support to rugby clubs across Ulster. In the past three years, 16 players have graduated from the Ulster Academy into professional rugby players, including Andrew Trimble and Stephen Ferris, who now play regularly for both the Ulster and Ireland squads.

500,000 Sterling = 1,234,267.93 AUD = 123 seats in a new stadium here in Perth is my maths right ?
    I would use a card like this for a rectangular stadium - prehaps on a loyalty program with points for hats, tickets etc.. - not as rich as the Coach and don't have a spare ($10,000 X 3 + 40% tax) = $42 000

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JediKnight
    Well it wouldn't have been the one where that Pommy bloke dropped a goal, woudl it.........?!

That was my first thought but I think they'd reduced the capacity to about 80,000 from 110000 by then.

I wonder why they did that.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5