Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: This has to be it! A Home Win

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

This has to be it! A Home Win

I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous....I know we should win, I know we have the team to win, I know the odds are in our favour but I'm still nervous. Imagine what the guys are feeling like....jeez. It's not that I don't think we will win, in fact I know we will win but it's the thought of having that first home win that is making me feel nervous.

Let me explain. JK mentioned earlier this week the Scotland win against england in 1990 where we won the Grand Slam, I was there, it was bloody amazing and I have carried the memory of the feelings on that day since. It's going to be the same tomorrow night, the stadium will be electrified with nervous anticipation and when that final whistle goes it will be awesum.

So enjoy tomorrow night as it will be a memory you will carry for a long time.

Go The Force

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    I'll be cheering on from my living room, nervous as well, the Lions have been putting some good performances in.

Let's go Force

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    You realise Enforcer that every game YOU turn up to, we lose! In fact, I believe we have no won any games you've watched in public.

Stay home.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous....I know we should win, I know we have the team to win, I know the odds are in our favour but I'm still nervous. Imagine what the guys are feeling like....jeez. It's not that I don't think we will win, in fact I know we will win but it's the thought of having that first home win that is making me feel nervous.
    I asked John Mitchell at the press conference if he thought we would ever have a better chance of a home win, considering the Lions had finished bottom or second bottom for the last for years, but Mitch wasn't having any of it. He said, and I quote:

' “That’s irrelevant,” Mitchell said.

“They’re a lot better side, they’re young, they play with a lot of enthusiasm, they’ve just beaten the Crusaders. To go back on the history books is a really big mistake.”

“We’ll be challenged on the weekend. This Lions team is better than last year and they don’t make many mistakes.” '

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Not true Coach....I was at the Crusaders game last year. Pah

Just happy to be here

Apprentice
    vCash
    Let's hope they make some mistakes come Saturday night

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe they should wear the alternate yellow jumper, that's the only one have won games in.

Go The Force!

TEF is lying about that memory he carries, he killed those brain cells years ago!

I think he means the Lions TEF???

Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 23-02-07 at 09:32. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Rookie
    vCash
    This will surely be our first home win. I wish I could be there - just a small matter of a few thousand kilometres! But I shall be watching and cheering as Spanner and Shep run in the tries - we are going to run (and pass) the ball this week. I will be at Aussie Stadium next week to watch a famous victory over the LoteTahs. That will be fun.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    gee TEF you're a jittery little fellow!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    I'm in the same boat as you allsaints - some people have the nerve to organise their wedding on a Force home game. Consequently, I'll be at a wedding reception with my ear glued to a radio. Will be so bitter sweet if they win, I just SO wish i was going - Go the Force!!

vCash
    I saw JM and Welbourne being interview by inside Rugby on TV last night and he seemed pretty confident even Ewan McKenzie seemed impressed with the Force infact he shared a few tips with JM...

I think it will be tough but they can do it, the bookies seem to agree Betting: Force $1.18, Lions $5

Although JM was more concerned (it seemed to me) about the developing game plan and players sticking to it more this year than last talking more about systems than performances...

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I think it should be perfectly acceptable to say no to the invite when a Froce home game is on! Or an away game ..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    I saw JM and Welbourne being interview by inside Rugby on TV last night and he seemed pretty confident even Ewan McKenzie seemed impressed with the Force infact he shared a few tips with JM...
    to which John Mitchell never even acknowledged!! hahahahahahaha

Last edited by Happy; 23-02-07 at 09:47. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I agree TIF, any memoies that TEF may have had left from his regular abuse were certainly left on the mean streets of Meekatharra

I think Mitch is spot on here, we are certainly going to have to earn this win.
    I have tipped us to get up comfortably but it's going to be a hard match.
    Springboks André Pretorius and Jacques Cronje are both fit to play and give the already strong team a great boost.
    With Pretorius playing a key to victory is not giving away any penalties in our own half as he is even more deadly than Shepherd from long range.
    I believe we will finally do it and I am mighty pissed off that I won't be there but go the Force, do us proud!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Definately Burgs it should be a tough match I dont think it will be by a big margin (but I hope Im wrong) but I think the Force can and will win this one. But a tough match I think the guy to watch out for is Jaque Fourie - very dangerous.

I think the Tahs will be watching this one closely and as Mckenzie said hoping for injuries winning this game is very important for both teams.

A nail biter to the end is what I predict.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    Not true Coach....I was at the Crusaders game last year. Pah
    I know - and did we win?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast