Thread: The "gel" factor

Rookie
    vCash

The "gel" factor

I mentioned after the Highlanders game about time for the Force to Gel.
    As quite often happens when sporting teams head interstate/overseas, they seem to gel well being in each others company for a time frame and learning about the game structures and what is required with the game plan.
    I think this has happened in Sth Africa and with the quality of players on the ground, there was always going to be an improvement factor after the Highlanders game, it was just a matter of when, which fortunately came sooner rather than later.
    Now, lets hope complacency doesnt set in!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    definatly i was very happy this morning on how well they geled you can really see the difference. that is the 1st thing i thought when the game finnished. to have your props scoring the winning try is very good they are getting the feel of this new team now

vCash
    yes cannot wait to see them play back home GO THE FORCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lock
    I mentioned after the Highlanders game about time for the Force to Gel...............
    ........................,which fortunately came sooner rather than later.
    Now, lets hope complacency doesnt set in!
    Agree. With just a slight note of caution.

Some of those passes that stuck this time would have had us howling if they hadn't. I reckon there's still a bit of improvement to be had in the "patience" sector of The Force game plan. Phase building. Laying the platform. Not feeling a need to score from every line break.

Once they get all that together with the attacking flair that's building they will be real contenders.

vCash
    Umm yeah, but I saw several 15 phase attacks this weekend, I think that says a lot about patience. I think there should be a balance of both, too much patience gets you where the Bulls got, they were a strong side with a good game, just a bad plan which didn't cut it for the time and the opposition, and much of that was because they did very little OTHER than the patient stuff, Mauling and rucking the ball up the field and then using the backs in the last 10 metres.

I thought the Gel was top notch, and the blend was pretty good. sure some passes didn't stick, but none were interceptions, and most were when we had the advantage and it was the perfect time to have a crack.

I just hope the trip has helped the boys get over the mental hurdle of the first home win!

C'mon the