Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: 90.5 coverage - 12.30am v Stormers

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm just happy that there is coverage on the radio.

If there is an agenda involved in this thread then I think it should stop. No respect will be gained by people using this site to further there own cause, that is not what it is about. Advertsing services to help us listen to rugby is acceptable in my book.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Enough already!

Player
    vCash
    I agree, I too wish those with an agenda would stop pushing it in these threads.

I hope this is the end of it.

I'll start a new thread with the Connolly audio shortly.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    I'm just happy that there is coverage on the radio.

If there is an agenda involved in this thread then I think it should stop.
    I joined this forum before the start of the first western force game last year and for that whole time there has been no agenda other then talking about the mighty Western Force

All I did was question an issue as a member of a forum.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Enough, end it or I will end it

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Boy oh boy, I thought I upset you David when I said I did not like your style of broadcast.

I am interested in this war, can soemone shed light on how this all started as I am unaware.

One thing I do want to ask though is refering to an earlier post and I quote you David,

"Can I assure you that no-one has been sacked.

The coverage last season was organised by Wisdom Sports Media who no longer have any association with 90.5.

Johnny and Ashley worked for that company.

I have stepped in to provide the sort of coverage I believe fans deserve, with a quality broadcasting team and high production standards."

Reading the above posts can you confirm your status with 90.5? I mean in one post you refer to it as "my station." Are you a key player at 90.5? And if so did you cancel the contract with Wisdom - whoever they maybe, as above you said they had the rights last year - and decide to broadcast the Force yourself?

If so as I said I think its great that the station is still doing, it but don't like your style and think you should have stuck with the team from last year.

Player
    vCash
    Whenever I work on a station I use the term "my", not because I own it or run it but because I am part of their team - you wouldn't refer to the company you work for as "their" company as you are part of it.

No-one was sacked - Wisdom Sport Media's one season contract with 90.5 expired at the end of the last season and was not renewed.

I was not a part of the decision process.

I was happy to step in to ensure Rugby fans continued to have guaranteed coverage. The station having worked with me before are happy with my style, but like all broadcasters we are fully aware that there will be some who don't like it.

As far as the commentators you mentioned, they were contracted to Russell Dower's company for last season - it would have been his choice if he wanted to use them on 990 if he'd managed to set up that coverage. If they are disappointed by his failure to set up the coverage they have every right to feel upset if he was making promises he didn't keep. But that is an issue for them and Russell Dower.

What disappoints me is people who make unsubstantiated claims and feel its OK to damn people with innuendo. I can assure you no legal action has been taken against 90.5 or myself, and if it was we would strongly defend it seeing we have done nothing wrong.

vCash
    Whats a radio?

vCash
    Burgs, shut this thread down, it is really beginning to give me the sh*ts...All you guys stop your bitching and talk rugby, not bullsh*t...Thanks for the coverage,dave, and for those of you who don't like his style, or have any gripes, email him and don't use this forum to whinge, thankyou...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well put frontrow, and on that note, "goodnight"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash

90.5 Frequency - an explanation

Hi all,

I'm sorry - I just need to set the record straight about something I wasn't able to address until i had taken advise on it.

Comparing FM and AM frequences is like comparing Oranges with Apples. They are totally different.

90.5FM is able to broadcast at 500 watts - which is more than enough to cover the entire metro area.

AM stations have higher wattage, however it doesn't mean they are more powerful as the AM frequencies work in a different way to FM. They are also more prone to problems in high limescale area's and often can be heard in some pockets and not in others.

I am told you would need to at least do the first semester at Uni to understand all the aspects to it.

AM also needs far more power in order to pump out the signal.

So again i just need to point out that as an FM station our signal strength should be strong enough to hear us across the Metro area.

I hope you'll understand the need to rectify a false impression that may have been gained from reading another thread.

Last edited by Darren; 12-02-07 at 12:55. Reason: Post Moved

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4