Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Latest on the stadium issue

vCash
    I for one, totally agree with Fulvio, the WAFL has way too much influence over the Labour government, at our (the taxpayer) expense and i too have always voted for the labour party but am really starting to get the shits with this line up, carpenter has no balls, and couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery....But who are we left with???? I think i will vote for a donkey, there seems to already be a lot of asses in parliament already...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't hold back Fulvio, tell us what you think!

I would be happy with a 35,000 seater rectangular stadium with sufficient corporate facilities to fullfil our backers needs for the meantime. Some investment in the design process to ensure a future expansion capability would be a logical step too.

I don't really care what the f the AFL dudes are up to as long as they don't mess with what we want. And, as I implied before, our needs and their needs are begining to align.

Does anybody know where Carpenters allegiance is.....i.e. is he an AFL man, or rugby or what? I know this should not matter but hey, he's a politician.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    being from albany id say he would be in bed with the airial ping pongers

albany isnt much of a rugby town the upcoming team there has had to beg for years just for a venue. Hopefully with the country carnival there this year that might start to change.

as for a stadium, 40k+ or dont bother
    Internationals cant be expected to be held at less.
    i know most unionists hate leaguies but i think getting onside with them in regards to a rectangle pitch is the only answer.

as for round ball they can kick a can round in the carpark

vCash
    Carpenter is a total Freo dockers supporter, may even be number 1 ticket holder i believe, so i know where his allegience will be in a battle with AFL, and rugby/soccer or any other sport trying to compete...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer
    Don't hold back Fulvio, tell us what you think!

A lot of people tell me that.....

It sounded like an appropriate response when I got home from the Rugby Club late last night.Maybe if I'd posted today the wording would have been a little different.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    Suncorp is the best place I've watched Rugby in Australia so far!!
    Perhaps, but from memory the layout forgot that the surface needs sun. They are constantly having to re-lay bits of it, and it is generally thought of as a bit of an injury black-spot. For mine, while it will be important to provide the best viewing possible, it is crucial to ensure that the ground itself is the best it can possibly be. We start with a handicap due to our rainfall situation, and no-one is going to want to share facilities with Rugby if the pitch is a sandy desert ripped up by the previous nights game. I'll be curious to see the Waikato track this year, as they have apparently incorporated some sort of synthetic reinforcing material in the surface to prevent it getting torn up - it can apparently pour with rain for a day before playing and after the game there is not a mark to be seen.

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    A lot of people tell me that.....

It sounded like an appropriate response when I got home from the Rugby Club late last night.Maybe if I'd posted today the wording would have been a little different.
    No, no, no.........wording was fine! Don't hold back!
    Not wanting to speak on behalf of the EnForcer, but I think thats what he was getting at! Rugby passion always appreciated!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006
    No, no, no.........wording was fine! Don't hold back!
    Not wanting to speak on behalf of the EnForcer, but I think thats what he was getting at! Rugby passion always appreciated!
    You did and you are right!

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    The AFL Commission have to be the cheekiest, most presumptious bunch of mendicants on the face of the Earth. If the State Government had the gonads of an emasculated gnat it would send them packing, legislate back control of Subiaco (which its predecessors had no right or authority to give away in the first place), place the control of the taxpayer owned facility in the hands of a Gov/ all interested party Trust, demolish the existing facility, and build something that suits the needs of all payer/users.
    That the Wankers of the AFL should have the unmitigated gall to stand over the WA Goverment is obscene, and that the Wankers in the WA Government should think that that is perfectly acceptable is even worse.
    I have been a Labor supporter all my life, but if they think they can govern for the benefit of a small elitist proportion of the WA electorate for the exclusive benefit of those arsewipes, they have sadly misjudged the mood of this little black duck, and I suspect, many others.
    By the sound of this your legal representation must come pretty cheap, you'll have Bulldog Bradshaw after you

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Here's an "interesting" snippet I came across via the "save the Mexican wave" website:

Build A Bigger Stadium
    Feb 2, 2007 by jonk from Jonk's Bargains
    For many years now, Melbourne has pined for a dedicated rectangular stadium to cater to the needs of Football, Rugby League and Rugby Union.

The State Government has proposed a 20,000 seat stadium but this is quite simply not enough We need at least 30,000.

Melbourne Victory in particular has enjoyed phenomenal growth, hosting average crowd of 32,000 per match at the Telstra Dome. They cannot possibly be expected to shut 12,000 fans out every week. No other club would do it.

Don't build the white elephant. Give us at least 30,000 seats and a true home. The "Sporting Capital of the World" deserves it.

Tell the Government what you think!
    SIGN THE PETITION

I'm there's plenty there to comment on......

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Come on Petals, it's been over an hour now....

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Jeez...you set them up & wait for a reaction....but there's nothing!!! Maybe they're all in bed getting some shut-eye before the 1am kick-off.....

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2