Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sharpe hints at overseas move

vCash
    Nick you did well - guess what the Rugby article in the West was today - got it here frist on TWF

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Cheers Thequeerone, I read the article in the West Australian at lunch today & they do sensastionalise it don't they.

As far as Sharpie goes well I think I've mentioned before that I think we need a bit more fire in the bellie. I think we need to find a bit of mongrel from somewhere.

vCash
    I agree on all counts relating to fire in the belly, lazy backrowers, and that you haven't really played rugby unless you have been up the front clashing heads like two rampaging bulls...Toughen up lads, thats how we will start winning games, both physical and mental toughness...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sorry fellas, but if you think there is a better Australian Lock than Sharpey waiting out there in Rugby Land to step up and show the two time Rugby Union Players Association Rugby Medal For Excellence winner how it's done in Super 14 then you are delusional.
    I agree he can do better by his own lofty standards but we are stuck with the cattle we have until we develop unknowns to this standard.
    Unlike fat boy Props and speedy pretty boy Wingers, two meter International standard lengths of steel do not "grow on trees". Justin Harrison is probably the last one to appear from outside of the junior pathway's in recent times.
    As for going to Europe, he isn't running out on us or whatever the West may like to suggest, the man has a business contract and is looking at his options including whether he will still be in the picture for NZ 2011.
    It is bad timing and gutter tactics to report it now but that is life, my gut feel is he isn't going anywhere soon.
    It's a strange thing that throughout the '06 season Sharpey always featured in our voting for best player but now that we lose our first match of the new season by a solitary point to see us higher on the ladder than ever before in the teams history, the Harry Hindsights start looking for their latest scapegoat.
    They kicked a penalty and missed a conversion, we kicked a conversion and missed a penalty, let it go, there is a match on in Cape Town tomorrow night!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Rookie
    vCash
    Sharpie has indicated his liking to the lifestyle in Perth...and why would you want to leave? A bank balance maybe. He did say (judging by the report) that if he was going to leave he would when the Force were on top.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Sorry fellas, but if you think there is a better Australian Lock than Sharpey waiting out there in Rugby Land to step up and show the two time Rugby Union Players Association Rugby Medal For Excellence winner how it's done in Super 14 then you are delusional.
    I agree he can do better by his own lofty standards but we are stuck with the cattle we have until we develop unknowns to this standard.
    Unlike fat boy Props and speedy pretty boy Wingers, two meter International standard lengths of steel do not "grow on trees". Justin Harrison is probably the last one to appear from outside of the junior pathway's in recent times.
    As for going to Europe, he isn't running out on us or whatever the West may like to suggest, the man has a business contract and is looking at his options including whether he will still be in the picture for NZ 2011.
    It is bad timing and gutter tactics to report it now but that is life, my gut feel is he isn't going anywhere soon.
    It's a strange thing that throughout the '06 season Sharpey always featured in our voting for best player but now that we lose our first match of the new season by a solitary point to see us higher on the ladder than ever before in the teams history, the Harry Hindsights start looking for their latest scapegoat.
    They kicked a penalty and missed a conversion, we kicked a conversion and missed a penalty, let it go, there is a match on in Cape Town tomorrow night!!!

Im with you there mate we have to get over the dissapointment of Friday - and it did hurt - and get behind the boys again including the Captain who literally puts his blood sweat and trears into it. As far as consistent good tough play Sharpie has to be up there. I think it would be a shame to lose him.

vCash
    In the rugby lift out in the west he said that he would be going OS AFTER he left the Force on top of the league

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    The Sunday Times did a piece on Sharpie yesterday and essentially clarified the situation with him. The West Australian basically completely missed the point and twisted the story to sell it. There's a surprise!

It's unfortunate however that the Sundy Times coverage of the rugby was extremely poor and appeared to be written by people with little knowledge of the game. There was no detailed information and what information there was supplied was childlike.

Come on Sunday Times get with it and supply your Sunday readers with quality Rugby reporting!

Praise where praise is due.....The West Australian rugby pull out was pretty good today.......still lacking detail but not a bad effort.

Last edited by The EnForcer; 12-02-07 at 10:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bloody bloody Mine doesn't get the bloody bloody Monday paper

Yes, agree on both points re the Sunday Times TEF.
    Not only was the Sharpe report out of context it was about three weeks old when used, a deliberate ploy to work up some hype from the one point loss, poor form West
    Also agree, where was the match report or analysis in the ST? Had a great headline and then some piddly articles grouped underneath
    Come on WA Press, please don't just pay lip service, write our own decent articles or get someone in to do them!
    There's thirty three players in the squad, surely over the sesaon you can do a profile on many of them instead of filling the page with second hand Eastern States articles from days before?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2