Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SportFM Western Force -v- Highlanders Coverage

Player
    vCash

SportFM Western Force -v- Highlanders Coverage

Our preview starts at 6.30 tomorrow night. It includes a major feature involving Geoff Stooke, John Welborn and Rugby writers Nick Taylor (Sunday Times) and Dave Hughes (The West Australian).

John Mitchell has granted me an Interview which will be broadcast in the build-up to kick-off.

After the final whistle we'll take your calls on 9418 7700. We want your opinion of the opening game, your predictions for the games in South Africa and how you think the Force will do this season.

I am able to confirm the only stations to broadcast the Western Force this season will be SportFM 90.5fm and 6PR 882am, with 90.5 SportFM calling 11 of the 13 games broadcast on-location and SABC supplying commentary from South Africa.

Despite previous postings on this site 990AM Information radio will not be broadcasting Western Force games.

Any sponsors who were expecting to sponsor 990's coverage should contact me at force@905.com.au. I will do everything I can to ensure you get the exposure you require.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by DavidSmithSportFM; 01-02-07 at 20:22.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Will www.twf.com.au get a free plug David?

Player
    vCash
    Of course TWG will - I'm proud that I've always had a very close relationship to genuine fans, and like the Gloryboys at Perth Glory, TheWholeForce will also be mentioned.

You may also be pleased to know that we will be going into the crowd every game to chat to fans at the match in the preview, as well as taking your calls on the Talkback on 9418 7700 - anyone calling on a mobile just leave your name and number and we'll call you back.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I was going to mention that David that any fan worth their salt would while your talkback was happening...would be in the bar somewhere...and hence miss the talkback.....

Maybe a roving microphone at the new big tent bar on Kitchener Park?

Does the program get repeated at sometime?

Player
    vCash
    I'll remember the tip, but I'm worried if I send Adam Papalia into the bar he may lose his focus!

I know many people will head home afterwards and will be sitting in traffic for a while so perhaps they may be better bets for sober views, as well as those who've either listened to our coverage on the radio or even watched the game on telly.

The show won't be repeated but we are looking at the possibility of podcasts, and if there's a way of making it viable we would do it - like most things it depends on investment and just now every cent is going into the costs of supplying the coverage.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    No worries....send Adam to the bar....we will look after him...promise.....

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Podcast? I could probably help you with that if your license allows...

Send Adam to Block 308 - about 20 TWF members in there, and they'll all have blue glo-sticks

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Player
    vCash
    Sadly Podcasts would be covered by the same rule that prevents us from streaming on the Internet so for Super 14 there is no other way to enjoy the broadcasts other than listening to them live.

Country listeners, now we know the station's broadcasting the Super 14 they should contact their local stations and suggest they take a feed from 90.5. If they're interested they should contact the station on 9418 7700.

vCash
    What the hell was that call all about? Its like he had the 101 things to know about rugby and was reading from 99 downwards.
    I never thought i would say this but thank the lord for Leon Rury - at least he knows the game and had some passion - 6PR here i come.

Champion
    vCash
    Great to hear Wicksie call after the game!

Bought some sense to what was a VERY tough game to watch

Great call in tough conditions!

Apprentice
    vCash
    I wes at the game and was very dissappointed, not only that WF lost, but that it was a very substandard game for S14 rugby.

Before the match, I had this nagging doubt that the Force were under-prepared, despite the hype from WF management and the tame local press. I still tipped them to win, however, believing that the stars in the backs would prevail.

The lead up match against the Crusaders was the only worthwhile hit-out, but wes not enough. The trial match ageinst the Western Samoan 3rd XV was a joke, a waste of time (and how much money?). WF need to get more serious about match practice pre-season.

I started listening to 882 commentary, and for a while thought I'd had too many beers pre-match. The commentary lagged the game by about 3 seconds. This delay is something that I have noticed in TV broardcasts of cricket (compared to ABC radio which is in synch with the live action). Hopefully the 882 commentators were watching the live game and not a Fox telecast with the delay time. But in any case, it seems that their broardcast system introduces this very annoying delay.

I switched to 90.5 with no such delay problem. Well done guys on a good call and discussion.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I stayed with my Sports Ears and was relaying the decisions to all the people around me well before they got the call from their am/fm radios

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    I stayed with my Sports Ears and was relaying the decisions to all the people around me well before they got the call from their am/fm radios

likewise,but my #2 son was always telling me to shut up!

Rookie
    vCash
    Yeah, sports ears are the way to go if you're at the ground.
    I tuned into 6PR a bit and there coverage was clear and ok.
    Mick Collis is pretty precise and knows all the players running around.
    The 90.5 coverage lacked a bit of knowledge on the opposition players.

Senior Player
    vCash
    David, what will happen on April 7th when Sport FM have a WAFL match competing with the Force v Crusaders game. Will the Force or the WAFL be on?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast