Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SportFM Western Force -v- Highlanders Coverage

Player
    vCash
    Hi All,

Thanks for those of you who've provided messages of support for the coverage and advice which will be digested.

It was tremendous fun working with Leon and we know we have the makings of a great partnership. We share a passion for Sport and Radio.

Friday's game as we all know was a difficult one for players, fans and commentators. How we all wish the match was full of exciting moments and Force tries.

I will again make the same promise I have made before, every Force game will be broadcast on 90.5.

Our exclusive feed of SABC for the Stormers game in the early hours of Saturday 10th Feb will begin with the preview at 12.30am.

We will also take SABC's coverage of the Bulls a week later starting 2.30am.

From that point on every commentary will be provided by 90.5 commentators at the ground where the game is being played.

A reminder any sponsors interested in suporting the coverage, including those who believed 990 would be broadcasting the Force this season should contact me at force@905.com.au

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    I was going to mention that David that any fan worth their salt would while your talkback was happening...would be in the bar somewhere...and hence miss the talkback.....
    Gee I love that kinda talk

Logistics can be a bit of a problem from Mandurah at times but me and Mrs Shasta are gonna hafta make the effort to get to JB's pre-game sometime soon.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Sorry Guys I gave you a go but switched to 6PR as much as I hate them as I could not get into the 90.5 broadcast.

To start with the first game of the season, I like lots of people were excited and raring togo, but the stuff before the match was slow and boring with no enthusiasm.

Then the game started. David you have said in the recent post you have a passion for sport, did you leave it at home on Friday? When Leon was on he was excellent and the passion came through. Then we went back to you and it was flat, about as much passion as a blow up doll.

Perefect line up I believe would be Leon, Ashleigh Morrisson and Johnny Hill, as I said before. I have not heard you call soccer, but I am not sure that you have much rugby knowledge as it seemed like you had read Rugby for Dummies and threw in the odd term. Also there was a distinct lack of description about what was actually happening.

As fro that Adam bloke he was a waste of time.

Sorry but if I can't get there I will be with 6PR even though there is a delay.

Player
    vCash
    What sort of a Force fan are you Pockets...

Pre-match was dull - so you don't like hearing from the Coach? From the club Chairman? From John Welborn? From Leon? because that was what we heard pre-match.

you don't want to hear in-depth build up?

For game action do you want commentary that gets truely excited when the Force drop the ball, or to sound how we all felt, frustrated and deflated.

I'll leave it to the fans to decide what they want to hear, and isn't it fantastic we have a choice we can make. How bad would it be if only one station broadcast the Force and if for some reason they decided not to broadcast the games.

If 6PR is different and your choice then i say viva la difference!

What is more your judgement of a young broadcaster like Adam Papalia is not only not shared by me nor is it by 6PR either. I am thrilled that Adam who I helped train up has accepted a full time job with 6PR which he will start at the end of the month. Like me they see a young man with enormous potential. I will wish him the very best at 6PR and have no doubt he will do very well.

Last edited by DavidSmithSportFM; 04-02-07 at 21:11.

Apprentice
    vCash
    David,

Sorry mate I seem to have hit a raw nerve. I am always interested to hear what the coach has to say but the whole thing dragged on and was very dull. I mean Geoff Stooke and Peter O meara never say anything worth hearing just trot out political club stuff, have one but not both, and as for the guys from the papers I did not see the point. You are supposed to be the knowledgeable ones let's hear your opinions. I did if you check say that Leon "was excellent."

As for Adam, I actually never said he was no good just that what he did was a waste of time and I stand by that. In fact your statements confirm what came through, that the two of you were very close, it felt like he was always looking up to you. I just felt the stuff he did was unneccesary and added nothing to the broadcast. I too wish him well at 6PR good one him.

Hey if there had been some emotion, even some frustration from your commentary that would have been better than what I heard. Maybe you got better in the second half but I had gone by then. As you say lucky we have a choice.

If you can't take a bit of criticism mate I think you are in the wrong game. I gave you a go as promised but it was not for me. Give Leon more of the commentary and it may sound better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2