Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Woohoo...Wilko back for england

vCash
    Ha ha Cheers Mtbeaver, well not the 1st time the AB's have been beaten by a drop goal or a last minute intercept - but hopefully your win was the wake up call the guys needed to lift there socks in this world cup year.

I imagine the protected 22 might get into a bit of trouble for playing against you though dan Carter got into trouble not that long ago jut fo booting a soccer ball around so...

Dont worry about spelling or grammatical errors Im a forward

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    what drugs are you taking Beaver?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    I was gonna ask the same question, perhaps that is why he is seeing a dr...

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He must be still detoxing from the BDO

What happens when players from "the 22" get season ending injuries in the second half of the S14, will we be allowed to laugh out loud or only in the privacy of Australians dwellings???

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    well the doc prescribed me allot of colorful lollies, and said take eight a day. I hope they work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    What happens when players from "the 22" get season ending injuries in the second half of the S14, will we be allowed to laugh out loud or only in the privacy of Australians dwellings???
    Well I guess laugh as loud as you like I guess, if it doesn't work the biggest critics are going to be the NZ S14 coaches and of course the NZ fans.

To be honest I was more than a little sceptical my self about the protected "22" originally but looking at how Gregan's game has improved by having "time off" to focus on specific areas he needed to improve on has turned me around on it. Compare Gregan now to the end of last season and there is a huge difference...

Guys like Jerry Collins are getting an opportunity to do things like shoulder surgery, if he wasn't in the "22" he just wouldn't get that chance until it was really stuffed.

The proof will be in how hard the guys comming out of the strength and conditiong period hit the S14 will they just bollocks things up becuase the team hasn't played with them for so long or will they come out and play the house down?

Anyway as you can probably tell I can go on about the AB's just a little bit and this probably isn't the forum...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    but looking at how Gregan's game has improved by having "time off" to focus on specific areas he needed to improve on has turned me around on it. Compare Gregan now to the end of last season and there is a huge difference...
    Not sure on this, I don't think he gave his motor mouth any time off but it was running like always this weekend past.

vCash
    Well risking condemnation I think the way he's playing the other scrum halves are really going to have to lift there game to beat him to the starting 15 for the world cup.

It also depends on how long he can keep it up but he's planning his swan song you'd think and his mouth aside (I really cant stand the garbage he spouts) he was on fire in the first couple of games.

Whern you look at the NPC the Super 14 and then international commitments the guys in the AB's play a lot of rugby - most of them slot nicely back into the NPC teams when they've missed large sections of those campaigns too - so this kind of extended preseason training will hopefully pay off.

I think as long as Henry brings home the World Cup he's going ot be able to do just about anything between now and then - but the backlash if the boys dont bring it home will be greater I would imagine the grater the sacrifice local rugby makes.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Finally got to watch the Force Stormers match last night. I think if he can maintain his work rate in this match right through the season then Hennas must come back into contention for the RWC, it was a great Scrum Half display!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Finally got to watch the Force Stormers match last night. I think if he can maintain his work rate in this match right through the season then Hennas must come back into contention for the RWC, it was a great Scrum Half display!
    He sure did and I hope the rest of the season he just keeps getting better, I did notice though that some of the balls he was firing weren't the esiest in the world to drag in with Gits stretching more than once to make it all happen. The greatest thing is the confidence he is now playing with, it looks to me that the pairing of Gits and Henjack (through injury obviously) has really given Henjack the comfort to make a break or a pass that he wouldn't have done before, with Gits being the man to make sure those 50/50's come off.

Dont get me wrong I think Hilgendorf is a fly half and I think when he's back on the field the three of them will be formidable, I love a back line with two pivots. Makes it very hard on the opposition just look at the AB's with Carter and Mcalister or for that matter Mauger.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Don't forget that Gits is a pygmy though Nick, Larkham etc would have caught them easily

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3