Thread: Force 10

vCash

Force 10

Last year when Ryan Cross was first mentioned in dispatches I pushed his barrow a bit here. At the time I never dreamed we'd also end up with Mitchell or Giteau. When we did I sort of thought we didn't need Cross as well as I wanted to see some of the boys who filled in last year progress. On what I saw last night Cross will be hard to displace from 13 and Junior seems to be on fire too. With Staniforth and a couple of others in the mix maybe Mitch will give some serious thought to playing Giteau at 10. He spent a fair bit of the first half with Junior and Cross outside him and it worked very well indeed. I think this combo will help Henjak's confidence as well. Where was Hilgy last night?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Prospect
    vCash
    giteau looked good at 10 last nite ,and real handy to have someone you can throw anywhere if that player isnt up to it ,as Daruda still not ready ....Cross looks good on the crash ball and straight running but has to watch being stepped on the inside - all league players attempt to turn the opposition onto the inside for the cover to clean up, but union is a little different and twice he got caught out ..Shephard looked sharp too and fullback a position he really wants so mitchell better step up

vCash
    Mitchell is not ass good as Sheps at the back. Drew should play on the wing and let Shepherd play where he is best suited and where he deserves to play. If Stanners injury is anything like mine (abductor) I can't see him in condition to play the opener, maybe his is only a slight injury. I agree with Shasta Giteau at #10 will help Henjak's confidence a lot; but it is up to Yak to put in good performances even if his good mate aint at #10. Sare had a great game last night and I really think he deserves a spot in the squad. Digby did not drop any balls last night and scored a try (I saw the reply of the try on Fox and it was very well set up by.... Henjak!) David Pocock played very well- had a few good runs, made a lot of tackles and was always first to the breakdown.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    Shep definately has to play 15 - mitchell on the wing. With Cross Pelesasa playing so well, mitchell on one wing and Ione on the other - can't see a spot for Staniforth - why has he been made VC?

Great to see the team looking so good last night - hope we do not get found out in the forwards next week when the real stuf starts. pokock looks excelent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Mitchell is not ass good as Sheps at the back

Digby did not drop any balls last night and scored a try (I saw the reply of the try on Fox and it was very well set up by.... Henjak!) David Pocock played very well
    I think Shep and Mitchell might both get a bit of "roving" permission from the coaches. In any event, if his form holds, Sheps will be going to France.

Agree better hands from Digby last knight, considering the conditions and compared to a few others. Maybe not so much hair in his eyes? Pocock is gonna be quite a player when he grows up

Henjak had a better match than some are giving him credit for I reckon. I was critical last year, but he gave 100% last night and if a few more of his passes had stuck, everybody would be wrapping him.

Anyone know who was the tall bloke with no number and the Brent Tate neck brace? He was practicing line-out jumps at the city end. Don't think he got a run.

vCash
    Neck brace- Matt Windle

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

vCash
    I rate Hilgendorf
    I love the way he takes the ball to the line. He has deft footwork and has the knack of delaying a pass to a runner whilst looking like he'll run himself. He is a devastating runner from broken play.
    If Gits was at 12 then Hilgendorg would put him into plenty of space. He'll carve up.
    The problem for the Force is at 9. Henners will hold this backline back. Gits would of course be a sensation. Daruda is from the QLD GPS system and is massively over rated

Last edited by Sagerian; 26-01-07 at 19:32. Reason: Language, sorry mate.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Hilgy would have to be at least a little nervous after watching Daruda last night...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    Hilgy would have to be at least a little nervous after watching Daruda last night...
    He must have improved then

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Nervous, but 10 is still all the Dorf's as far as I'm concerened...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.