Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question without notice

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash

Question without notice

I am going to Europe in September & hope to catch a couple of pool matches
    according to the IRB site there are no tickets availlable at the moment.However there is a link advertised in google ads on this site with what appears to be a UK company selling tickets for all matches.Surely this cannot be kosher.Does anyone know about this company.the site is called No1 advents.co.uk
    With all the warnings against buying tickets from a non official source being issued,this site looks suspicious & as Fulvio would probably say; Caveat Emptor

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Gunny you old mongrel what are you doing here umah im dobbing !!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by funksoulbruffa
    Gunny you old mongrel what are you doing here umah im dobbing !!!!!!!!!
    Im in respite care from the collesseum

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    it is possible that companies who have bought block seats from the IRB still have them available. But yes - Buyer Beware is always good advice!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter
    Im in respite care from the collesseum
    Its been a bit quiet over there the last few weeks

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    I wouldn't trust them - they require immediate payment, but may not get the tickets to you till the day of the event, also if the evnt is cancelled or changed they will only refund the face value of the ticket!

The only reason I have those google ads there is in a vain attempt to increase the ranking of TWF on Google - I don't know if it works or not, but TWF does well with Google searches listing us!

Does Neddies have any brother/sister clubs in Europe?

Any of our European members know how/where to get hands on tickets?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Coach I have a mate who lives in London that might be able to help... He was one of the guys that put together the bid to get the Force here in the first place...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    That'd be cool, I haven't seen him around these parts for a good few months.

There are probably a few others in the same boat who could do with some honest information on where/how to get tickets.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Yeah, Dad is going crazy trying to find tickets for him and his mates from SA to go. During the 99' World Cup one of my Dads mates owned a company that sold packages for the Cup so they all got a great deal; but he does not own the company anymore so now they are in the rat race just like everyone else.

Every forwards dream is to become a back...

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I’m in the same position as you BGF. I am going to France for the world cup but have not been able to secure venue tickets. I tried to get tickets from the official sites but they were sold out before I could even access those sites.

I even asked our member Frenchy to look up tickets availability from the official venues in France. He tells me that there may be some official tickets available for sale late on, but there is no guarantee by the F.R.U. that this will happen.

I then looked at a number of sites such as the one you have looked at. I don’t think many of these sites are setting out to be dishonest but they are setting out to make maximum exorbitant profits for themselves. They cannot guarantee that they can provide you with tickets and further cannot guarantee that if they do provide you with tickets you will be able to gain entry to the venue using those tickets.

These sites also advertise for people who have tickets to negotiate the sale of those tickets to them. Further, they are counting on acquiring an allocation of tickets which are no longer required by the various travel agencies who have tickets to sell as part of travel packages. You can appreciate that a travel agent who has, say, 100 tickets available to him may agree to sell those tickets at a premium to one of these website operators, issue the tickets to the website operator or at the website operator’s direction and then pay the official ticket agency the fixed price without any extra premium. The website operator then sells them to you and me at a highly inflated premium.

They are of course all expecting and hoping to receive these tickets and in the meanwhile people like you and I may well pay them the equivalent of 400 euros for a 50 euros face value ticket. If they can’t get the tickets and are not dishonest they will refund the payment to you. Meanwhile they will of course retain the interest on the use of your money until the refund is made. If they can get the tickets they make a handsome profit and you get the opportunity to see the game (subject of course to the venue honouring the tickets). Again if the tickets are dishonoured you may well be able to get a refund from the website operators but in the meanwhile you will have missed out on seeing the match.

Then of course there are the dishonest shysters who are setting out deliberately to cheat you and will promise to provide you a ticket, take your money and you will never hear from them again.

The French Rugby Union have already made it known that they do not intend to allow entry to the ground via tickets that have been on-sold, similar to what Australian Cricket was threatening. I think that these are most likely empty threats as in realty, except in respect of tickets sold to travel agents or on e-bay, they have no means of checking who the tickets were issued to. I did hear however that the French Rugby Union were requiring the names of the purchasers to be endorsed on each ticket and for evidence of identity to be produced together with the ticket at the time of entry. If they are able to do this (and I suspect it will be an impossibility) then obvious a lot of people are going to get burnt.

I have made up my mind that I am not prepared to pay the inflated prices required by these sites and take the risk of not getting a valid ticket in any event. I will take my chances, enjoy my holiday, front up at the venue before the game and trust that there will be some scalper who will be desperate enough 10 minutes before the start of the game to sell me a ticket at a reasonable price. By then I will know whether it will be possible to enter the grounds on the basis of such a ticket. Otherwise I and my mates will adjourn to the nearest large pub which has a big screen and watch the game there together with 200 unbiased Frenchmen.

vCash
    you have confirmed my feelings,if we get tickets well & good,if not shrug your shoulders & order another bottle of red.
    all I know is we are flying into Hamburg(where my brother has lived for the past 35 years) on the 2nd of Sept then on to France, flying out of Nice on the 28th of Sept
    cheers

vCash
    I'm sure you are already monitoring the official site but just in case check here:

http://www.france2007.fr/rugby_bille....php?id_mot=42

If you choose the "rest of the world option" you will be presented with a list of fixtures, those with tickets still available will show as "red". I have just checked and see that there are tickets available for the Oz v Wales game (though they are the expensive one's), I know this won't help if you are only going as far as France. There are also several other games not featuring Oz that may at least let you see some rugby while on your trip.

Don't choose the other option as it would seem that there are no tickets left available to UK based fans via this site.

The site does promise to release more tickets so I would save this page and return often. Tip is to select only single tickets and make multiple orders as it will be virually impossible to get two together for any game now.

I am so glad I bought mine 16 months ago, good luck!

vCash
    Flat-top, 16 months ago we, as tourists with limited time, could only buy ticket packages, involving games we had not enough time to see, let alone the inclination to watch pretty monsterous miss-matches.

After waiting patiently for the minute single sale tickets were available I spent 2 days trying to access the French site without being able to get in. When I finally got in, you guessed it, nothing available.

A few weeks ago I was advised by a French contact that futher tickets were being made available. When I got on the site on the stated time and date tickets were listed as being available but when you tried to book (in all combinations and prices, including singles) the site would not let you do it.
    The whole booking system in my opinion is a corrupt, manipulated crock of shite aimed at screwing tourist supporters to the max.
    Instead of the RWC being the highlight of our trip we will now treat it as an incidental extra which we will only see if the scalpers are screwed by overestimating demand and getting scalped themselves.
    I have fond memories when RWC was here in 2003 of seeing a scalper trying to sell his tickets for $10 each 10 minutes before the game (SA v England) with no takers.

I will of course take your very sensible advice and keep trying, but realistically I don't hold any hopes.

vCash
    Got to agree with you there flat top, i also got in nice and early for the packages and still managed to get 2 extra single tickets for wales V australia for relatives in wales, were in the process of booking all accomodation and european flights just now.

vCash
    More power to your elbow Slomo. I did hear that it was possible to get tickets for the games in Wales without unreasonable dramas. France is a different story.

Enjoy mate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast