Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Exiles Beer Garden

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Exiles Beer Garden

About 9 months ago a house was purchased. I don’t want to beat around the bush here, it was unattractive. When it was constructed some 40 years ago it was bottom of the barrel and 40 years as a rental property ensured it remained in that same position.

Since our purchase of this property some hard work and some excellent tradesmen have transformed what was once the home for deadbeats and dero’s into our home. Its amazing what $40,000 and 3 months hard work can do.

But I wasn’t happy, I needed something extra. A little place in this new abode that I could call my own, sure the lounge room with the big TV and the Foxtel was comfortable but when Nickelodeon is on more then FoxSports you know that the lounge room really isn’t mine. And the spare room with my computer in it is nice, but when I have to trip over 19 toys and the vacuum cleaner and the ironing board it soon becomes apparent that I have to share. And I hate sharing.

So I looked, and I soon realized that there wasn’t much to look at. Hey, what can I do, my house is small and space is at a premium, so I had to look a little further a field and I arrived at the back yard it was big. It was flat and it was bare.

I had an epiphany, a vision if you will; I saw a place where I could sit comfortably, cook beef over an open flame and drink beer whilst watching Rugby on a big screen. I saw Exile’s Beer Garden. A wooden deck extending out from the rear of the house, a Bar-B-Que connected to the natural gas supply, outdoor furniture and it goes without saying, a beer fridge.

Plans were formulated, builders interviewed, this was no small project. Exile’s Beer Garden was going to be huge. There was a need for safety, a need for strength, a need for future expansion, a need to be able to satisfy my exacting standards and a need to be able to survive a visit from the InnFORCErs on Tour.

A builder was found whose excitement and vision matched my own, plans were submitted to council. And we waited. And waited

And waited.

Calls were made, harsh words were said. Plans were changed, and re-submitted to council and, you guessed it, we waited. And waited.

But, hark! What was that? A phone call after 5 weeks council approval!!!!!!!! YAY!

Construction can begin.

The frame that has been constructed so far is 33 Square metres with more frame to come. (6.6 metres by 5 metres )

Over the coming weeks I will submit more pictures to this Article to show the beer garden as it begins to take shape.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by .X.; 05-12-06 at 20:02. Reason: Update

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Very impressive mate, love to have a beer in there when next in Sydney, what area are you in, you`re out west aren`t you, near Richmond?

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by frontrow
    Very impressive mate, love to have a beer in there when next in Sydney, what area are you in, you`re out west aren`t you, near Richmond?
    Yes mate - and your more then welcome

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Wow it's really starting to come together, good work mate.

vCash
    Its like Shangri La......

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    hey - I love house projects like that!!! good work, look fwd to seeing the final result!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    And then, just when you think your safe, she'll suggest a more permanent roof, to give you more shade for your decking of course, then a wall around it, so the kids can play safetly when your not using it,then carpet on the decking so she can use it as a sewing room at other times, then storage cupboards for the house overflow, you know we need the space, then connect the water and instal that vanity cabinet and that extra loo you apparently always wanted, then move the barbecue and the beer fridge to the back yard as its getting a little cramped, then why do you always have to invite your boozy mates to our house, you know how small the house is...

Fulvio's Bubble Bursting Service, we come to you free of charge, and have 32 years of experience.

vCash
    I was gonna say that Fulvio, "speaking from experience"...
    I`m just getting my house built and the missus has already started plans for the front yard, the backyard, and extra storage spaces, a possible attic,etc....They haven`t even laid the slab yet....

Proudly bought to you by a brewery somewhere....

vCash
    well.. i've had a read, and it sounds like an awesome idea!!

But i've had a couple of 'after school' drinkies, and might not remember this post tomorrow morning.. so im not going to say much

BTW, schools out for private schools (excluding MLC.. suckers..) so if you see any young rat-bags roaming the streets and you think they should be at school, most likely, they should, but dont have to be

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbeaver
    BTW, schools out for private schools (excluding MLC.. suckers..) so if you see any young rat-bags roaming the streets and you think they should be at school
    .....run them over before they create trouble for everyone

The pad's starting to look the goods Ex, hopefully get the chance to enjoy it with you sometime

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    you can if you wish, just please exclude me

Or anyone that goes to Scotch for that matter
    Isn't that right Burgs

Exile, what 'things' are you going to have in it?

You mentioned a big screan, does that mean its going to be enclosed?

vCash
    that looks awsome! i want to do something like that with my house ... but i have to build the house first a beer garden hehehe my dad would be so jealous and he doesnt even drink beer!!!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Sounds like you're doing a much better job than those sh*t makeover programs that are allegedly on TV!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    Look'n good Exile!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Need a free market appraisal.....I know a great real estate agent

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast