Thread: Let's talk about Brock James

Apprentice
    vCash

Let's talk about Brock James

Hi all,

I'm writting this because I'm a french rugby Fan who support ASM Clermont Auvergne (actually 2nd in the french first league). You may know that we hired Brock James who appeared to play for Western Force !!!

As He really is THE Best Flyhalf over the french League, top scorer,.... I wonder to know how did you feel about him back there in perth ?

Here in France is is really becoming a "superstar" as he had (and made it) the hard task to take the place of stephen jones ( wales flyhalf) in our team.

I'll be glad to have all your feedback, impressions,...
    I personnaly feel that He may be soon be eligible for Aussies national team as his play is smooth, natural with a huge foot...

)

Hope to here from you soon guys...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Im sure the majority of TWF members would be thrilled at his success.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Brock James did a sterling effort at #10 for us this year, he was a little overshadowed by Hilgendorf when his flair for the position was realised, and would be even further down the list with new recruits we picked up this year.

As much as it's hard to let players with his obvious potential go - it was certainly a good move for him (and hasn;t he shown us what we are missing?!) and hopefully you guys can furtehr hone his skills for a few years and then we can poach him back!

There is a sub-forum dedicated to Brock James HERE which is in desperate need of some information - we'd be very happy to hear of any news of him on a regular basis if you can?

Thanks for the updates - I will move this thread to his forum.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    That's great news that Brockie has settled in so well for your Club, he certainly has much promise.
    Probably his weakest aspect of playing was his in play kicking, often the kicks were aimless or went out on the full when kicking for the corners.
    He certainly has a massive kick on him though and, once harnessed, will be a considerable weapon in his arsenal.
    I think Brock would have achieved far greater things in Western Australia if he had arrived at an established team however as everything was new he was not allowed time to settle.
    I would love to see him back here some day and if, as you suggest, he is to make the Wallabies under current ARU rules he will need to sign with one of the four Australian Super 14 franchises first.
    Hope you enjoy this site and stick around during our season, only sixty days to go til it starts!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I can tell you that his "in play kicks" are wonderful this year, and It's one of his best quality, he must have improved much. He always find beautiful throws when pressed in his 22s.
    The only part of the game I can say he is under our former fly-half Jones is Defence, but he's improving well and is well surrounded by top defenders (marsh and canale as centers, even mignoni the scrum-half).

I must also say a big "THANK YOU" to our coach Vern Cotter (former crusader) who spotted him and wanted him when Cameron McIntyre refused to come from crusaders.
    Brock is the real revelation of the year for french league rugby. I only hope that he'll feel at home here in Clermont (small town in center of france surrended by volcanos... Beautiful countryside )

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I always thought Mitchell considered Brock too inconsistent. He left the Force because he was the 4th option fly-half (behind Hilgendorf, MacKay and Daruda). He definitely seemed to do a lot better when Staniforth was outside him. As for the kicking, I remember Colin Cooper was saying he'd have loved to sign Brock to the Hurricanes- only he couldn't qualify to play for NZ- on the back of his tactical kicking for Taranaki. Hmm interesting.