Thread: When do the experiments end?

Legend Contributor
    vCash

When do the experiments end?

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/columns/...htm?grandstand

As various international sides continue to shuffle their teams in preparation for next year's World Cup, the question comes up as to when the experimentation will end.

At what stage do the various coaching staffs say "enough" and concentrate on working on what they regard as their best possible combination?

It may well be a key factor in which team is the best-prepared for the 2007 World Cup in France.

For example, has the Australian coaching staff given up on the experiment of Stephen Larkham at inside centre?

I hope so.

Larkham is one of the best number 10s in the business and we will need him there, if he is fit, during the World Cup.

Will they continue with the experiment of Matt Rogers at fly half?

I hope not.

I know it's not easy to come up with a back-up player to Larkham but Rogers looks out of place there and more suited to the outside backs.

It's not only Australia. Will France continue with their experiment of centre, Damien Traille, at fly half?

Even the All Blacks, despite their dominance of world rugby, had Mils Muliaina in the centres while Leon McDonald was fumbling at full-back in the early stages of their Test against France in Paris.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    http://www.abc.net.au/sport/columns/...htm?grandstand

For example, has the Australian coaching staff given up on the experiment of Stephen Larkham at inside centre?

I hope so.
    By that logic we should also play the world's best inside centre at inside centre...

and now that Spanner has emerged as the new outside centre for the Wallabies it makes even more sense for Mitchell to keep his cool, play Giteau at 12, Spanner at 13 and Henjak at 9 for next year...

The Force will have an amazing season, the ARU will stroke their chins sagely and say "there is much wisdom in the ramblings of TWF"...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Stanners is playing at Inside Centre tomorrow Sid?
    I know the point you are making though, I think...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    They may decide to bring in the A team after this weekend.

Just happy to be here

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I know what you are suggesting and I hope not!!!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.