Thread: Davidson joins 'Tahs

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Davidson joins 'Tahs

Mixed between a genuine "Best wishes Tim" and "Bloody traitor" but I think the majority of me wants to see one of "our" boys do well, so long as it isn't against us!!!!

Davidson joins 'Tahs

November 13, 2006 - 9:42pm
    Story by: Sportal

Former Western Force back-rower Tim Davidson has joined the NSW Waratahs, replacing youngster Leroy Houston who has decided to take a break from the game.
    The 24-year-old joins the Waratahs with six games of Super 14 experience, having played with the Force during their inaugural season.
    Head coach Ewen McKenzie was pleased with the signing, indicating it would add more depth to his team, and more experience given he has been captain of Sydney University.
    "One of Tim's great strengths lies in his versatility," McKenzie said.
    "He can play on the side of the scrum or at No.8, and with his height he provides another option at the lineout."
    "His leadership experience is also important - he's been captain of Sydney University for the past couple of seasons and has also proven himself to be up to the rigors of Super 14."
    Earlier this month the Waratahs were stunned with the resignation of 19-year-old Houston, who quit the club to take a break from the game, due to being unable to cope with the professional environment at the Waratahs.
    Davidson impressed McKenzie while playing for the Waratahs against the Brumbies in the opening round of the Australian Provincial Championship, and is ready to take the next step in his career.
    "During the APC I wanted to prove myself worthy of a spot and I'm glad this opportunity has come my way now," Davidson said.
    "I definitely wanted to continue in Super 14 after leaving Perth and I'm excited to have been given that opportunity, particularly as I'll be learning off guys with plenty of experience at state and Test level."
    "It's up to me now to make the most of it."
    The Waratahs will start 2007 with a trial match against the Brumbies in Wollongong, which Davidson should feature in.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    are you serious... tim davidson was one of my favourite players! mainly because i got to meet him. he played for pally. so i guess ill wish him well for his future at the tahs. but he will be a lose

vCash
    hopefully this isn't the sign of things to come...
    I'm more than happy when we pinch other teams players but it's no fun when they pinch ours.
    Here's to a ripper of a season so everyone wants to renew their contracts.

I made Happy sad...

vCash
    or you could just pay them ludicrous amounts of money to stay... are your other players going to be jealous of Matt's Millions?