Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Gateau a problem

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

Is Gateau a problem

Maybe it's just me but I can see a real tough decision coming up for our man Mitchel.

If Giteau prevails in the scrum-halfs position for the wallabies, which by first appearnances he may well do, then we may have a problem. Not the worst of problems, but without a doubt a few of the potential professional and personnel issues intertwined could be problematic for The Force.

TEF reporting from the front room at late past the hour.........perhaps drunk.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Just happy to be here

vCash
    Pfft, I thought Henjak was everyone's golden boy for number 9. Good luck to Gits trying to wrestle that stranglehold from Henjak.

Seriously though, your backline is chockos so there's no harm in putting him at 9 and Henjak can ride the bench.

Player
    vCash
    yeah henjak had an average year there is no reason why he couldnt be benched like any other out of form player. that would also let stanners stay at 12

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Good luck to Gits trying to wrestle that stranglehold from Henjak.
    after this years effort - I thought it would be no brainer??

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    If Giteau's a problem, then he's a good problem to have!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Since there is only a short break between the Northern tour and the Super 14 and, unlike other Wallabies, Giteau hasn't yet played for the Force, I'd put Henjak in at 9 for the opener and have Giteau in the bench to cover 9,10,12. See what happens- I'd say Henjak will refind form this season.

vCash
    Giteau on the bench? Don't think that's likely!!!!

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Starting Gits from the Bench for the first home game is the way to go. Back line is already full, and Henjak is no doubt doing the hard yards in the off season now, and had a good showing with Force Gold, not to mention he was contracted as a scrum half. He deserves first bite of teh apple in a new season. O'Young also has dibs on the 9 jersey - gits will be last in line for that possie me thinks

I doubt Gregan will lose his captaincy at this point in the game for the next year, so playing Gits at 9 to support the Wallabies is moot too I reckon...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Wasn't this the issue that created all that fuss from that Sydney journalist? Suggesting if Mitchell wasn't to play Gits at Scrumhalf then he would be deliberately hindering the Australian World Cup campaign out of a previously forged alligence with New Zealand?

Load of bull dust if you ask me. We don't need another Scrumhalf because if Henjak doesn't find his much needed form then O'Young will be more than capable of stepping in and stepping up.

I think starting Gits on the bench is the way to go. And i think in terms of introducing him into the Force would be much more exciting if he were to run on as a replacement so the PA man could call the interchange and the crowd can go wild!!

I for one am soooo excited to see him run on in the ocean blue.

I made Happy sad...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I am starting to VERY slowly warm to the idea of Gits as the Wallaby Scrumhalf post France (and then by extension he would need to be there in Super 14)
    While there is no arguing that he is an excellent player in terms of skills, reading the game and spotting the gaps, I do maintain some concern over his defensive abilities in the ever increasingly physical #12 jersey.
    By playing at #9 he is able to utilise his magic in a similar way that Joey Johns has in League, more of a "Playmaker" (or dare I say Quarter Back) than a Halfback.
    This would include for some moves standing at first receiver to take a pass from the break down from one of the better skilled forwards.
    I am still not fully a convert but I can now admit to seeing some great benefits to him playing there and not having his tackle exposed or having to endure career threatening injuries at #12.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I am thinking....hey...if he can slot in and out of there any time.like he did for Saturday night.......there is no need to put him in place of Henjak for S14........Mitch can just give him instructions to rove at the base of the ruck occasionally and create some havoc.......

Thats my solution anyway.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    I am thinking....hey...if he can slot in and out of there any time.like he did for Saturday night
    Oh really? *giggles*

Yeah I know, I'm childish...

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Who do you think should be Number 2, Sage?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Cannon for sure.

Especially with that potty-mouth of his.

vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jessc
    Wasn't this the issue that created all that fuss from that Sydney journalist? Suggesting if Mitchell wasn't to play Gits at Scrumhalf then he would be deliberately hindering the Australian World Cup campaign out of a previously forged alligence with New Zealand?

Load of bull dust if you ask me. We don't need another Scrumhalf because if Henjak doesn't find his much needed form then O'Young will be more than capable of stepping in and stepping up.

I think starting Gits on the bench is the way to go. And i think in terms of introducing him into the Force would be much more exciting if he were to run on as a replacement so the PA man could call the interchange and the crowd can go wild!!

I for one am soooo excited to see him run on in the ocean blue.

Spot on Jess. Once Matt Henjak gets re-united with his mate, he will deliver the goods we all know he is capable of. As for Gits, this boy is a talent that comes along once in a lifetime, he could play as a flanker and still excell.

I agree that Ocean Blue would suit him well.

Good luck with the exams Jessc, Though I suspect you do not need luck, I detect a natural talent

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast