Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Most Memorable Rugby Experience

What's Your Most Memorable Rugby Experience

One of the best things about the game they play in heaven is the great times and memories (both on and off the field) that we all get to participate in.

I've got to be honest, I don't remember a lot about the actual games (there's been a few) but I never forget a party or a wee drink.

Anyway some of my most memorable moments have included :-

- All Blacks vs Wales - Cardiff Arms Park . Senbloodysational
    - All Blacks winning the first world cup.
    - Making my first representative team (Aged 16).
    - Going to the pub in Christchurch before a Canterbury defense of the Ranfurly shield.

Sorry, but a lot of them do tend to revolve around the Blacks and going for a quiety. Maybe a lifestyle change is in order. (Cold shiver went down my spine)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    moved thread to "Public Bar"

My most memorable moment would be my very first game of rugby, someone passed me the ball and I had no idea what to do, so I just threw it up in the air over my head as fast as aI could - the full back caught it and ran the length of the field to score a try....

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Would be a toss up between a few:

1. Having beaten South Australia 33-0 in the Junior Under 14s in Adelaide, leading the boys onto the tarmac (last off the plane) at Perth Airport, brand new shield in hand, to the cheers of the airport ground crew. Often wonder if that shield is still in use for Junior WA v SA fixtures as intended?

2. Second year undefeated (first year for me) Scotch 1st XV including a tour to SE Asia in 90 then captaining in 91 (unfortunately to hit the first game against Trinity who also went on to two undefeated seasons...) to a hard fought third.

3. Every international I've been to at Subiaco (all including WC fixtures since Ireland which I think was '01?)

4. All Blacks and Lions v WA at the WACA. Slaughters but a great experience to see the "big names" during the eighties.

That'll do for starters!

vCash

Smile

Redbull - no need to apologies those memories are to be envied.

Burgs you had a nice time, too.

I have a few good memories on the park - one good one was playing for Romford and Gidea park III XV (London) in the aptly named "Fat Pack". I played number 8 and I was the tallest player in the forwards. There were 5 props making up the front 5, 2 half backs on the flanks and me. We went through the whole season undefeated (merit table competition days). There was one game against a team Called Redbridge - They kicked off and I caught it just on the 10 metre line. They had intended to do a 'funny', but nobody told the kicker, all their forwards had gone left, the winger and full back had already gone.....I ran straight down the tram lines and scored unopposed from 60 metres out. Dickheads!

Going to the world cup final in 1995 in South Africa at Ellis Park was a good one.

Keeping the World Cup Final program for 10 years.....meeting Nick Farr-Jones (just last week) asking him to sign it next to his picture of him holding the cup in 1991.
    He then proceeded to read it, he found an article on the '91 to '94 Wallabies.

He then asked if he could take it home with him to Sydney. Some you win some you lose!

I reckon I'll get it back...............Happy Days 8)

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    Too hard to think of my most memorable experience but I know what will be soon.....the Western Force inaugral season!

vCash
    sorry to say Aussie fans but it definately by a country mile has to be WILKOS DROP GOAL!
    not only is it my best rugby experience it was the best day of my life.... and will be very tough to beat

To some its a six-pack, to me it's a support group.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    nick off back to england ya pommy scum!

I can see how the english would have love that goal - it TOTALLY infuriated me. I know its irrational, but I HATE drop goals, if only because of this - and that damned Percy! On a brighter note, someone in the crowd obviously pointed the bone at young wilko - he hasn't played a game since

Anyways, welcome aboard, you've certainly sem to have made yourself at home - which is a good thing!

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Memorable Moments - where do I start.

Being the Waterboy for the Katherine Lions (NT) when they won their 5th Grand Final in the Katherine Competition. We partied long and hard after that win my friends.

Playing on the wing for the Lions during a practice match againts the Katherine Golden Oldies and have a try disallowed by the Referee (Lions Coach) who said after the game that is was a good try but there was no way in hell he was going to listen to me talk it up for the rest of the season.

Flying from Darwin to Sydney to watch the first Bledisloe Cup match at the brand new Olympic Stadium and watching the Wallabies win.

Watching the Final of the 1999 Rugby World Cup in a motel room in MT Isa at 3am after driving for 14 hours on transfer to Sydney.

Meeting Andew Blades in the Mall outside of Perth Myer and seeing the William Web Ellis Trophey up close and personal whilst on my honeymoon. TCIE turns to Mrs TCIE and says - "You, go buy cheap throw away camera now!"

Watching the Last Game John Eales played and seeing Toti Kefu score the winning try in the final seconds to Win the Bledisloe Cup.

Being the Assistant Team Manager for the Royal Australian Air Force National Side. Twice.

Watching 6 Games of the 2003 Rugby World Cup. With the pick of the bunch being the match between South Africa and Georgia. Georgia scored there first ever International Try and the crowd just erupted. South Africa won the match by 20+ points but the Georgians did the lap of honor.

That should do it

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Bump...a lot of new members since this was active

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    thread mining - hehe love it!!

My most memorable is sitting next to Buddah Handy in a corp box at Sydney and having him sign my jersey!

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy
    thread mining - hehe love it!!
    It's a boring Thursday night!

Player
    vCash
    winning the tas under 18 state championship last year....and the party that followed (although my medal was stolen)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luke_the_pom
    sorry to say Aussie fans but it definately by a country mile has to be WILKOS DROP GOAL!
    not only is it my best rugby experience it was the best day of my life.... and will be very tough to beat

... hmm yeah that would be one of mine ... only because of the look of georgies face ... he knows it going through and hes just like OMG!!!! and that was the first rugby world cup final I watched!

PS Johnny is a pansy boy ... him and percy should get a room ... and brush their hair ...

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    unfortunately to hit the first game against Trinity who also went on to two undefeated seasons...
    Don't you mean 8 undefeated seasons? haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    2. Second year undefeated (first year for me) Scotch 1st XV including a tour to SE Asia in 90 then captaining in 91 (unfortunately to hit the first game against Trinity who also went on to two undefeated seasons...) to a hard fought third.
    that would have been mine if it was me

Well mine would probably be...

-Watching the world cup at the Irish Club and seeing Wilkinson kick that drop goal and having all hopes and dreams crushed

-the first W Force game at Subi Oval

-My first rugby game back when i was 5... classic

-The Force V Crusaders game at subi.. once again having all hopes and dreams crushed..

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast