Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What NOT to post in a player profile forum/thread

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Beaver, I think you may be the one "missing some facts" mate.
    Welborn was in the 1st XV for two years, the second as Vice Captain, and was a very good player, if a little "soft" in the tough stuff. He certainly made up for that in later years.
    Not only did I have a brother playing alongside him in those years, I mentioned earlier that I actually watched him play in those years.
    I seem to recall him making at least one Open Schoolboys State team in that period too though I may be wrong there.
    While he was not the best player of his year group he certainly had ability and deserved his spot as a senior player.
    I have no way of knowing if your enrolement story has any credability however, if you believe half of what you hear around the Scotch courtyards you will be a long way in front.
    As for ragging on an Old Boy, well you lose major cred with me for that sorry mate, that's just not on.
    Maybe im getting not being captain and not plaing in the first 15 mixed up.. i cant remember...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbeaver
    Maybe im getting not being captain and not plaing in the first 15 mixed up.. i cant remember...
    There's a bit of a difference, that's why when you don't know it is wise to either remain silent or use words/phrases such as "allegedly", "rumoured", "I understand" etc.
    You have a lot to offer from your place in the WA Rugby sphere Beaver, don't ruin what rep you have by peddling rumours an innuendo.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtbeaver
    Jess, i think your missing a couple of little facts.

1.He didn't make the first 15 at Scotch.

2. Thinking "I'm big Welborn" he sent Mr Syme (scotch headmaster) an email asking to accept his son at Scotch. Mr Syme then replied with something along the lines of "I'm sorry Mr Welborn, but i can only accpet your son at the begging of semester 2." John was out-raged, he then sent an email to his wife saying something along the lines of "That F**ker Syme. The d**k isn't going to accept the boy untill semester 2." but acidentally sent it to Mr Syme. Mr Syme, acting casual sent a reply saying something along the lines of "Im sorry Mr Welborn, we can no longer accept your son at Scotch, maybe try Shenton College"

just some little facts about 'Big Welborn'

If you believe all you hear, you should eat all you see.
    Then you will be both a fool and a glutton.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Beaver youve copped a bollocking and taken it well.You're still here with your head up and that shows character in a lad your age Don't worry, all of us have stuffed up big time at some point in our lives. Better to learn from small mistakes than to go on and make big ones.Understand that all of us on this site like you a lot and that is why we've pulled you up. Let's move on.

Legend Contributor Flamethrower's Avatar
    vCash
    I second that motion fulvio.

Posted via space

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

vCash
    Lonzy makes no mistakes ... unless its her spelling ... and maybe a few maths problems ... and perhaps giving a researcher the wrong type of mice they then in turn get strange results... only to find out they have a completely different strain to the one they need ... okay it didnt go that far but pretty close!!! stupid dyslexia ... see we have CT1 mice and TC1 mice ... they wanted TC1 but I gave em CT1 ... easy mistake ... could have happened to any one!!! ... another funny thing ... I was out delivering a pizza in beldon on friday ... I though the address read 28 adelaide but it was actually aladaide ... or something ... but i got there ... oh yes I did!

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    hey I don't remember starting this thread... do i still get the vcash? haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut
    Don't worry, all of us have stuffed up big time at some point in our lives.
    Well... i really cant see it being such a big mistake.. you all just love bagging me when i spell something wrong or say something 'bad'

vCash
    nah it was poor form matt. i'm pretty sure you can understand that.
    Well my thread got completely hijacked in the end huh.
    Thanks for cleaning it up coach. I was going to delete all the posts after this all died down but you've just spared me the effort. Cheers mate

I'm yet to interview Old Man Cringle but stay tuned everyone... it's coming soon...

I made Happy sad...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3