Thread: Tai Mcisaac, the complete picture

vCash

Stats and introduction

Upon completion of this profile i will have explored the achievements, goals, stats and all other relevant data relating to the Western Forces premier hooker, come prop. I state this as Brendan Cannon has been on the injured list most of the previous season, and young Tai well and truly stood up, and was counted...
    I am also going to attempt to delve into the mystery surrounding his uncanny similarities to Jeremy Pauls` style of play, and how playing the relatively unusual sport of Waterpolo has aided his throwing abilities.
    This will all take a lot of my time, so i cannot give a timeframe for completion, but i will generally be working on this when work is relatively quiet.(which uncannily happens to be most of the time)
    Hope you enjoy my updates as they come, cheers8)

Plucked from Wikipedia, in it`s entirity as this is the easiest way. I know, you`re thinking, "you lazy bastard!!!!", well, i get that all the time so

Tai McIsaac (born 19 March 1975 in Brisbane) is an Australian rugby union footballer. His usual position is at hooker, and he currently plays for the Western Force in the Super 14 competition.

McIsaac only started playing rugby in his early twenties and had formerly been a National League water polo player and represented Australian water polo in the under-21 team. In 1999 he was encouraged by his friends to give rugby a go, although he plays at hooker, he started his rugby career at prop. McIsaac started his rugby career at the Gold Coast Breakers in Queensland Premier Rugby and moved on to the Queensland Reds in the Super 12 competition. He made his Super 12 debut in 2003 in a match against New Zealand team, the Crusaders. Also that year, McIsaac toured Japan with Australia A. In 2005, he joined the Western Force for their inaugural season in 2006, he played 17 times for the Reds. McIsaac was recently made his debut for the Wallabies against England in their first test of 2006.

I am sure that i will be pilfering more items of interest, but i will be referring to the provider of said articles as a form of pennance...Hopefully i won`t upset too many moderators, or angry editors, or anyone for that matter...8)

Tai McIsaac
    Player Profile

Name Tai McIsaac
    Position Hooker
    Height 178cm
    Weight 112kg
    Date of Birth 19/3/1975
    Club Wests-Subiaco
    Super 14 Team Emirates Western Force
    Super 12/14 Caps 30 (17 Qld)
    2006 Super 14 Caps 13
    Test Caps 8
    Test Debut 2006 v England (31yrs old on debut)
    Honours 2006 - Australian Wallabies 2003 - Australia A

Formerly a National League water polo player, Tai only started playing rugby at age 23. After starting his career at prop, he has now established himself as a powerful hooker with excellent ball skills. Tai has come over to the Emirates Western Force from the Gold Coast Breakers club in Queensland. An avid golfer and beach fan, Tai is studying to become a PE teacher.

Once again, pilfered from Rugbywa website, thankyou Rugbywa, it has been a pleasure doing business with you, and i am sure to be back soon, bye for now

In the Western Forces first year Tai scored 2 points in the Player of the year awards, ironically against his old club, the Reds...These were the only points he scored, but his form was enough to earn him a call up to the Wallabies, a chance to perform on the world stage...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by frontrow; 18-01-07 at 16:16. Reason: Consolidation of posts

vCash
    It Seems Tai is in the run on squad for the Wales match tomorrow night, and i wish him all the best and hope he plays an awesome game...Go the force...Go the Wallabies...

On an aside, i have been trolling through the net checking out items of interest relating to Tai, and stumbled onto his minor indescretion from April 2003, where after eight minutes playing for the Reds Tai was given his marching orders after striking one of the Stormers players, after which he copped a further two week ban...In effect he served almost three matchs for a wayward fist, yet in the same match the Stormers number eight stomped on fellow Reds player Steve Kefu and escaped any penalty at all...You sort of expect that when playing in South Africa, and the judiciary was deemed to be over zealous in penalising Tai, but used Precedent in making their decision, instead of common sense...I wonder if the same would have been said had the player been from the Stormers...

"Coming from a game like water polo and having ball control like that, long range with your hand, it can help your throwing, and Tai has got a lovely release out of hand." as quoted by Michael Foley

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by frontrow; 03-11-06 at 16:10. Reason: Automerged Doublepost