Thread: Force team list named for Brumbies game with one forced change

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force team list named for Brumbies game with one forced change

Wed, Mar 6, 2024, 10:57 AM
    by Ben Somerford

The Western Force have named their 23-member team list for Saturday’s Round 3 clash with the ACT Brumbies at GIO Stadium, with one forced change.

Bayley Kuenzle comes into the side, replacing English outside-centre Sam Spink who will miss a couple of weeks with a calf strain sustained during last Friday’s loss to the Melbourne Rebels.

The Force are otherwise unchanged with Jeremy Williams to again lead the side, supported by vice-captains Michael Wells and Nic White.

Ex-Brumbies scrum-half White will return to play in Canberra for the first time since his switch to the Force in the off-season.

Loosehead prop Ryan Coxon is named in the starting XV, having been cleared of injury after a neck scare during the Rebels defeat.

The Force flew to Sydney on Saturday and have spent the week training there, following Friday’s loss in Melbourne. The team will travel to Canberra on Thursday afternoon for Saturday’s game from 11:35am WST.

The game will be live on Stan Sport, while there will be regular updates @WesternForce on social media, with kick-off from 11:35am AWST.

View our Game Day Hub to find out what's happening.

ACT Brumbies v Western Force

Saturday 9 March, 11:35am WST

GIO Stadium, Canberra

Live on Stan Sport

Force team list

Starting XV: Ryan Coxon, Tom Horton, Santiago Medrano, Tom Franklin, Jeremy Williams, Michael Wells, Carlo Tizzano, Will Harris, Nic White, Ben Donaldson, Chase Tiatia, Hamish Stewart, Bayley Kuenzle, Harry Potter, Max Burey

Reserves: Feleti Kaitu’u, Charlie Hancock, Tiaan Tauakipulu, Tim Anstee, Lopeti Faifua, Ollie Callan, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, George Poolman

https://westernforce.rugby/news/forc...-change-202436

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Hopefully they can keep their heads when the leadership group leave the field this week

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    How long are we going to continue with this nonsense of starting Wells ahead of Anstee.

I also have not seen anything so far to indicate that Poolman is a better player than O'Donnell, lets give him a shot.

vCash
    I expect Williams will play the full 80 minutes this week. Was likely given a breather last week since it was his first week back from concussion protocols.

Wells had a somewhat better game last week, so probably doesn't deserve to be dropped to the bench this week. When he's out of the starting 15, I'd think he should probably be out of the 23 altogether, as both Anstee and Callan would provide more impact and versatility from the bench.

I agree on Poolman. Would like to see O'Donnell and Leahy start getting some opportunities.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    I agree on Poolman. Would like to see O'Donnell and Leahy start getting some opportunities.
    I think it would have been a good one to inject a bit of "X Factor" speed with Leahy.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Leahy is only 19 years old and is part of the Academy.

O'Donnel probably in the same age age category.

The coaches are correctly bidding their time with these two talented youngsters.

They need to play when they are ready, too early could hamper their confidence, skill level and growth.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I think it would have been a good one to inject a bit of "X Factor" speed with Leahy.
    We've got serious problems with speed out wide. Potter and Tiatia aren't all that fast unfortunately and don't appear to be the best defensively. I fear Corey Toole might have a field day on Saturday

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Leahy is only 19 years old and is part of the Academy.

O'Donnel probably in the same age age category.

The coaches are correctly bidding their time with these two talented youngsters.

They need to play when they are ready, too early could hamper their confidence, skill level and growth.
    Agree it's a balancing act Tazz, but the old adage "Good enough, old enough" looks to apply with Leahy going on what I saw.
    In no way seemed overawed by the occasion and seems seriously robust given the attention he did get.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    We've got serious problems with speed out wide. Potter and Tiatia aren't all that fast unfortunately and don't appear to be the best defensively. I fear Corey Toole might have a field day on Saturday
    Yes. we do not have anyone with the pace of Toole, however, Potter is very fast.

Having watched him "live" against the Cheetahs and the friendly V the Brumbies he has some serious gas.

TiaTia is filling in the wing postion as we are lacking depth there, and he would be a better 12, where I think he would prefer to be, however Stewart has a lock on that at the moment.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    unless we get some tight forwards back quick smart i think we have a mortgage on the wooden spoon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    unless we get some tight forwards back quick smart i think we have a mortgage on the wooden spoon
    I think the best we can do is survive a weak scrum and hope to make hay in other aspects of the game.

That's gonna be tough against the Brumbies BTW

C'mon the