Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force v Canes Rd 1

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Lineout stats don't surprise me at all unfortunately. Probably looks better on paper than it actually was.
    I think the worst of that was second half yeah?
    To me, it looked like a new but reasonably experienced Hooker throwing to reasonably inexperienced callers/jumpers in the second forty.
    The return of at least Williams (and hopefully Rodda) and a week more for the second unit together will work wonders.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Insult to injury as bloodied Force prop faces long ban, Brumbies still the Australian benchmark

Western Force's woes have been compounded after prop Marley Pearce was cited for a dangerous tackle in Saturday's deflating 44-14 loss to the Hurricanes in Perth.

Pearce suffered a suspected broken nose in a head clash with Jordie Barrett and copped a yellow card to add insult to injury.

Super Rugby Pacific's citing commissioner has now decided that Pearce's actions warranted a red card and his case will be heard by the foul play review committee on Monday night.

The Hurricanes were superior throughout, leading 22-0 at halftime and doubling their score in the second half.

Wallabies scrumhalf Nic White was a livewire for the Force and scored a good solo try.

But the Force were trounced at set pieces and weren't able to match the continuity of the Hurricanes.

The result will be troubling for those who believe the Wallabies will not improve until Australian teams routinely beat New Zealand opponents at Super Rugby level.

"There's not much to say. It's bitterly disappointing and we've got to take learnings from that," Force co-captain Michael Wells told Stan Sport.

"There are a few boys to come back, but the squad mentality is the team that we put out has got to do a job. We can't wait for guys who are injured. We've got to do a better job on the field every week."

The best and worst of Australian rugby was on show in the first round, expressed in microcosm in a single game.

Rest of the article is about the Brumbies: https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/super...7-d1096ab51bb1

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Insult to injury as bloodied Force prop faces long ban, Brumbies still the Australian benchmark

Western Force's woes have been compounded after prop Marley Pearce was cited for a dangerous tackle in Saturday's deflating 44-14 loss to the Hurricanes in Perth.

Pearce suffered a suspected broken nose in a head clash with Jordie Barrett and copped a yellow card to add insult to injury.

Super Rugby Pacific's citing commissioner has now decided that Pearce's actions warranted a red card and his case will be heard by the foul play review committee on Monday night.

The Hurricanes were superior throughout, leading 22-0 at halftime and doubling their score in the second half.

Wallabies scrumhalf Nic White was a livewire for the Force and scored a good solo try.

But the Force were trounced at set pieces and weren't able to match the continuity of the Hurricanes.

The result will be troubling for those who believe the Wallabies will not improve until Australian teams routinely beat New Zealand opponents at Super Rugby level.

"There's not much to say. It's bitterly disappointing and we've got to take learnings from that," Force co-captain Michael Wells told Stan Sport.

"There are a few boys to come back, but the squad mentality is the team that we put out has got to do a job. We can't wait for guys who are injured. We've got to do a better job on the field every week."

The best and worst of Australian rugby was on show in the first round, expressed in microcosm in a single game.

Rest of the article is about the Brumbies: https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/super...7-d1096ab51bb1
    Force prop problems deepen as Pearce cited following Hurricanes defeat

Mon, Feb 26, 2024, 8:39 AM
    Nathan Williamson

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wester...DptAYDIHJBVoWU

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran
    vCash
    i was at the game and am now starting to re-watch it.

One thing that i would say was immediately obvious is that our back line looked really slick, but static. Donaldson at 10 i find to be very pedestrian, and every ball he took from White was a long way back from the gain line and always static, meaning that our backline is static, allowing the defence to rush up. Now i dont think all pass should be to a move 10, but most should have some sort of dynamism to keep the defense guessing.

Their handling was fantastic, and i think that it could be signs of a great backline, but they need a better 10 to unlock the opposition.

I am pretty happy with white, and so far not too chatty!

(note: very really been a fan of donaldson...)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i was at the game and am now starting to re-watch it.

One thing that i would say was immediately obvious is that our back line looked really slick, but static. Donaldson at 10 i find to be very pedestrian, and every ball he took from White was a long way back from the gain line and always static, meaning that our backline is static, allowing the defence to rush up. Now i dont think all pass should be to a move 10, but most should have some sort of dynamism to keep the defense guessing.

Their handling was fantastic, and i think that it could be signs of a great backline, but they need a better 10 to unlock the opposition.

I am pretty happy with white, and so far not too chatty!

(note: very really been a fan of donaldson...)
    I know I haven't played for a very long time and things change, but it always strikes me as a poor reflection on the Code that these days it's worthy of excitement from the commentary team when someone hits the ball at pace? Like it is remarkable literally and figuratively!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I'm still calling for Donaldson at 15

Burey to 10 would be an ideal solution.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm still calling for Donaldson at 15

Burey to 10 would be an ideal solution.
    Burey’s skill set is way more varied than Donaldson’s

Burey at 10 & Donaldson at 15 would be a better fit

Veteran
    vCash
    yep, that is what i would like to see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    One thing I noticed from Tazz's stats was that a certain blindside was not mentioned. An oversight ?
    How did Wells go then Tazz?

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    How did Wells go then Tazz?
    Actually he was in the stats with the ball. Absent in the defence stats.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    from the broadcast when Wells interviewed Post-Match. 99% sure the graphic said 4 tackles no missed tackles.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Correct.

4 tackles none missed.

To all TWFers

The reason that I put up the stats is to highlight the good work that sometimes goes un-noticed, and not for finger pointing.

Thats is also why I do not put up everyone's stats, only highlight the good work.

As most of you can all probably guess I am a half full positive person and I do not want the stats to be used to be critical of players but to rather recognise the effort the players are putting in despite results.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Good on you Tazz. Your efforts are appreciated.

Fortunately your stats won't affect my opinion of Wells. He offers very little to the team, and there are certainly more deserving of the jersey!

I will try my best to keep my powder dry when it comes to VC Wells.... pinky promise!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Correct.

4 tackles none missed.

To all TWFers

The reason that I put up the stats is to highlight the good work that sometimes goes un-noticed,
    And a big thanks for that Tazz. For reference, I haven't been on here criticising. I'll just say that I left the ground with a certain impression and went looking what was in the stats.

On another note, I'm on the Burey @ 10 bandwagon. I have always liked a running 5/8. Preferably with a big frame. Unfortunately he smashed his elbow.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Unfortunately he smashed his elbow.
    As in he's out???

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast