Thread: Whistleblowers

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Whistleblowers

A remarkable documentary behind the scenes of the 2023 RWC through the lens of the Referees and Officials.
    I believe this should be compulsory viewing for anyone who considers themself a Rugby Supporter and imposed on any Rugby "Fan" founding booing the officials entering or leaving the arena.

The behaviour towards these individuals in France, particularly online, was despicable and I am pleased to see in the closing credits that World Rugby are the first pro sporting body to successfully prosecute some of these online arseholes.
    I would like to see the players involved in somehow showing their respect for the officials more, maybe at milestones etc.
    The genuine respect and well wishes from senior players to Barnes after his last whistle demonstrates they "get it", just perhaps they can extend that to helping the cause somehow extra.

Well worth the watch going into the new season given the amount of other shit on the FTA idiot box these days...

https://rugbypass.tv/video/578207?&u...aDpunMd3iB38Kg

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    A remarkable documentary behind the scenes of the 2023 RWC through the lens of the Referees and Officials.
    I believe this should be compulsory viewing for anyone who considers themself a Rugby Supporter and imposed on any Rugby "Fan" founding booing the officials entering or leaving the arena.

The behaviour towards these individuals in France, particularly online, was despicable and I am pleased to see in the closing credits that World Rugby are the first pro sporting body to successfully prosecute some of these online arseholes.
    I would like to see the players involved in somehow showing their respect for the officials more, maybe at milestones etc.
    The genuine respect and well wishes from senior players to Barnes after his last whistle demonstrates they "get it", just perhaps they can extend that to helping the cause somehow extra.

Well worth the watch going into the new season given the amount of other shit on the FTA idiot box these days...

https://rugbypass.tv/video/578207?&u...aDpunMd3iB38Kg
    It was pretty sobering to watch and hear about some of the vile abuse they and their families copped. It was also interesting to see how much prep and performance analysis goes on.

The footage of Jaco Peyper and his injury certainly put him in a different light for me - there was lots of coverage of the player's heartbreak as their time in the competition ended; I don't recall seeing anything about Jaco at the time.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    brilliant watch, just finished it. I really love the WR did this - their intention was to cover the lives of the Refs, and they got so much more out of it than they were expecting. Jaco, death threats. you have to wonder about some people.

I want the people who were prosecuted to have their names published.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!