Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Storm erupts over NRL club’s raid on Wallabies talent

vCash
    Waddaya expect from a dumb mu.....hang on.
    Bloody auto correct!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Waddaya expect from a dumb mu.....hang on.
    Bloody auto correct!!
    Bloody grammar police!
    The inventor of autocorrect died yesterday!
    His funnel will be held tomato!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I think Mark N....se's agent will get him a contract upgrade. It won't be too difficult to match the Chooks. Uncle Nick is a highly experienced operator and anyone who thinks he'd pay overs for a winger to give McHamish a punch on the nose is insane. I think the Chooks real target might be Jorgo Jnr.
    That being said, isn't a component of a Rugby Union talent's contract not under the salary cap in NRL?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I thought Tim Horan stuck with Markey Mark, whereas Sean almost spells it out.

Tho, I could be wrong...
    Nawonnger.....nit.....tawase

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I like the last paragraph where Phil Waugh says Nawaqanitawase is a key player for the future of Rugby in Australia but only gave him a 1 year deal.
    I think the thing I like most about that article is the line about having a salary cap exemption for a Wallaby.

A 2023 Wallaby with a $500,000 cap exemption would mean they have $300,000 to shave off other players right?

C'mon the

vCash
    And they have Jorgensen, fragile and untested. He's not worth a Million a season is he?

oh wait........

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    And they have Jorgensen, fragile and untested. He's not worth a Million a season is he?

oh wait........
    Certainly not in the NRL. The players who can ask that type of money are the creative ones. Usually halves (6, 7, 9) & ball playing FB's are in the high 700-900k. With some utility players like Joe Manu, Jack Wighton up there too. The few north of that are the truly exceptional ones like Cleary.

AFAIK those exemptions are being discussed. Take it as given if PVL actually wants it as opposed to firing off a few cost-free barbs.

vCash
    We’ve got enough talent’: Club bosses wary of NRL’s cap relief for rugby raids

NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo insists up to $1 million in salary cap relief to fund cross-code talent raids can be managed fairly across the competition as club CEOs question the devil in the detail of any potential exemptions.

As revealed by this masthead, next month’s ARL Commission board meeting will explore proposals around cap concessions for players to be sourced from alternative pathways, including South African and Argentinian rugby, as well as American college and NFL systems.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we-...14-p5ejur.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    For the record, I'm just as strongly against this reverse pissing contest as I am McHamish's folly. I 100% agree with Furner & Cameron of Canberra & Penrith. Reward the development clubs. That's where RA needs to go. The AFL is the boogeyman here. I only wish both codes had somehow come up with a combined resources junior development model as Alec Evans & Wayne Bennett were urging 20-odd years ago. Probably too late now.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bugger, exceeded monthly articles

I guess part of the planning, even if cynical in the immediate timing, is with an eye on expanding by one or more teams in coming years.
    If they can attract four or five starting quality (or at least the potential to be starting quality) from outside of their pathways and have some flesh and blood billboards for youngsters still looking for their "sport of passion", then arguably it is money well spent.
    I still think, once they (RA) get their shit in a pile, NRL have more to lose to Union than vice versa, at least in the men's format.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Joseph Suaalii has been painted into a corner for money ... and he mightn’t get out of it

If Joseph Suaalii, his family, friends, management and other hangers-on were concerned about Rugby Australia honouring its $5 million deal, comments from newly elected chairman Daniel Herbert on Monday would not have eased their minds......

Suaalii apparently has cold feet. I mean, who would want a part of this rah-rah shitshow?

RA, too, has cold feet. I mean, why are they paying this mungo so much money while the game withers on the vine, and especially so now the shiny white knight of private equity isn’t coming to save the day?.....

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/jos...21-p5elj0.html

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Listed under "Things I hope never happen, but a little bit intrigued anyway"
    He is a remarkable athlete, has a huge following(particularly Indigenous), but I class him as a bit of a shithead.

Name:  Ado Hope Not.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  146.0 KB

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    So Mark Nawaqanitawase looks like he's off to league? Bugger, that's certainly one of the guys I wanted rugby to keep

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Sad that BIL and home World Cup weren’t enough to keep him ☹️

vCash
    2 year deal being reported by Fox League.

I feel this wouldn't have even come to pass if Hamish McLennan didn't poke the bear.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast