Thread: Rugby Australia confirms details of external review into Wallabies World Cup exit

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Rugby Australia confirms details of external review into Wallabies World Cup exit

Thu, Nov 2, 2023, 8:32 AM
    Nathan Williamson

Former captain Andrew Slack is amongst the three-member panel that will look into the Wallabies’ performance environment after their World Cup exit.

Watch every game of Super Rugby Pacific LIVE on Stan Sport. Start watching Stan Sport now.

Slack captained the Grand Slam-winning Wallabies in 1984 and led Australia at the inaugural 1987 Rugby World Cup at home.

The Wallabies Hall of Famer will be joined by fellow legend and RUPA CEO Justin Harrison along with former AIS Deputy Director (Performance, People and Teams) Darlene Harrison, with a Pasifika advisor also set to support the panel and process.

“As Rugby fans, we were all disappointed in the results at the World Cup – the performance was not good enough for a proud Rugby nation like ours,” said RA CEO Waugh in a statement.

“We had a new coach, new staff and a lot of new players – many of whom have only just started their careers, and who will be the future stars of Australian Rugby.

“Andrew, Justin and Darlene are highly respected, and I believe they possess the credentials to be able to deliver a thorough and considered external review.”

The Wallabies endure one of their least successful years in history, winning just two of their nine games

The side missed the knockout stages of the World Cup for the first time in history after losses to Wales and Fiji.

This saw coach Eddie Jones step down at the start of the week after taking over in January.

“The Wallabies have a proud history as one of Australia’s most loved sporting teams, and it is our responsibility as custodians to continually seek to improve performance and deliver a world-class program," Waugh added.

The panel aims to deliver its recommendations to the Rugby Australia board before the end of the year.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/former...p-exit-2023112

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    External Review!!! Justin Harrison???? Now the credibility of this review is gone, he is part of RA has a voting share if I am not mistaken !!!!!!!!!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    External review with two former Wallabies? They are legit taking the piss.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Well, doesnt that just reek of...

Name:  Sir-Humphrey-Inquiry-1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  5.7 KB

Let me guess, RA to run everything, everywhere and McLennan to be proclaimed Emperor of the Rugby People.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Usual shit show. Another nail in the coffin of this code!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I can get behind Andrew Slack as a Queenslander (ie not establishment in the pure sense) and Darlene Harrison as independent, but Goog with both NSW roots and RUPA representation is poor.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    You don't hear a lot from Slack. But when you do he comes across as very much a straight shooter regardless of Qld roots. So no problems there. Ms Harrison's CV would seem appropriate.

Someone who's nickname derives from being a "bad egg" is likely to have earned such an epithet. He's done nothing publicly to lay it to rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Well, doesnt that just reek of...Name:  Sir-Humphrey-Inquiry-1.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  5.7 KBLet me guess, RA to run everything, everywhere and McLennan to be proclaimed Emperor of the Rugby People.
    You forgot to blame everything on blokes who've already left the building.

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont have a problem with Harrison on the review team. As President of the Players Association, he is the ideal representative of the World Cup Playing Squad.

The players were on the field (obviously). Our failings at the RWC aren't all because of E who should not be Jonesd. The squad has a case to answer as well.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco