Thread: Kerevi on Jones

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Kerevi on Jones

"He's up at 4am working hard. We catch him in the gym, he's working hard and I swear he doesn't even sleep. Seriously, the amount of time he puts into effort, into his staff, into the players, always has time for us ... and I think fans don't see that," he said.

"At the end of the day, we didn't get the results, you know, we didn't perform the way we wanted to as a team and it's not on Eddie - it's on all of us.

"So I understand what the fans feel and they're just passionate and it's awesome to have that. But no-one realises what goes on inside. No-one realises the things that we're working on tirelessly, to work hard, but especially him and the staff, f--ing work so hard, bro.

"They're away from families, they're sacrificing as well and … I don't read into the comment stuff, but the young boys, I hear a lot that's going on, social media and stuff. But I don't think people really understand demons, everyone's fights in between.

"Eddie's a human as well and at the end of the day it's a results-driven sport, you know, we need results to get that. But he's committed to us and we love that about him.

"He hasn't thought about going home, he's thought about how we can contribute best and that's what we've done these last three days. I feel for him, you know, like as a head coach, you maybe can't show that side of himself.

"But he's been so strong for us and gives us strength to just be positive. And again, we put ourselves in this situation."

Full article-
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/world...7-d7632d0fa52a

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    I mean I agree with everything Samu has said here but the telling line - It's a performance driven environment and hard work means so much less than results.

You can work 25 hours a day 8 days a week and still be ineffective. I don't think anybody has questioned his work ethic, they've challenged his competence. To respond with "but he's working hard" almost proves a lack of competence.

But I also believe that sacking Eddie and getting the best coach in the World won't solve the problem, because the problem is in the raw materials, not the refining process......

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    the problem is in the raw materials, not the refining process......
    A fair assessment. My last job was actually preparing raw materials for a refining process. If the proportions go out of spec, you have limited time to make corrections on the run or the whole batch goes to shit. Golden rule was never make radical changes at one time. Especially if a batch is nearly done and things are not too far off.

Hard not to see that the opposite was done. But I think Jones must be given time to turn things around before a review. But not 4 years time.

vCash
    I like the analogy and what you say is true, lots of decisions have to go right at every stage of the process, but Ra are doing a spectacular job of stuffing up the decisions that will fix the short, medium and long term.

Short term, divorcing anybody with experience from the team unless they're a Jones fanboy.

Medium term not enough rugby for our fringe wallabies (and likely even our full wallabies) to sharpen their skills and game management.

Long term confused, biased and ineffective development pathways littered with nepotism and vested interests ensuring that the status quo is maintained and innovation is excised.

Removing the coach doesn't fix all those other problems and probably costs enough to make any other solution unfundable.

You don't treat the broken leg of a patient who has arterial bleeding. (Well not first anyway)

C'mon the

vCash
    Kerevi is just sucking up to keep his place! Bloody sycophant!!

Boo hoo.... I have to spend all this time away from my family (a lot of the families are in France & attend the games) to do a job that only 0.000001% of people ever get to do! Get over yourself. If you wanna be a 9-5 family man then get a regular job!

Jones is a dictator with extreme hubris & he has fallen flat on his arse! Kerevi can fall on his sword and say it's on us. But the "us" was 100% picked by Jones. I know you can only pi$$ with the co@ks you've got. But he picked em!!!! Ben Donaldson might not even get the Force 10 jersey next year, so why the hell did Jones think it was a good idea giving him the keys??? I'm not a fan of Foley or Cooper, but you need squad depth FFS.

I'm sick of the self appointed smartest person in the room routine. He's so bloody arrogant!

I'm well aware of the problems our code faces in Aus & there's a lot more wrong than Jones. But, they could not have made a dumber move in appointing him! We're now stuck with a dictator coach with a 16% win rate!!!

I've always been interested in the extremely high turn over of coaching staff under Jones, especially when he was coaching England. He showed Andy Farrell the door immediately & Farrell has now turned Ireland in to the best team in the world & on form should win the world cup.

David Nucifora, the much maligned man behind Ireland's rise to the top snapped Andy Farrell up as soon as he became available

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-un...ands-rise-top/

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1948922.html

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by WFDom; 08-10-23 at 18:55.
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    You can't afford Jones' arrogance with the performances he's delivered.

Fact is, we would likely have made it out of the pool with Rennie. We aren't as bad as people make us out to be, but we've looked terrible this year.

If Eddie was truly taking accountability like he says he is, he would offer his resignation. That doesn't mean he'd get the boot, but he owes that offer to the fans. Or at the very least a renegotiation of his contract such that another year like this one and he's gone without a pay out. That is the honourable thing to do, but I can't see it happening.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    I can't argue with anything you said dom, it's just a matter of fiscal priorities for me.

If we can ditch Jones without it sending the union broke absolutely it should be first on the list, but if it costs even a cent more than the weekly wage of whoever would replace him I think spending the money in other places and putting him on a leash would be better.

C'mon the

vCash
    No-one ever questioned the physical effort on the field nor in the gym when Eddie coached Australia 20 years ago either. It was the effort between the ears that folks were worried about

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Hope that the RA board is on the plane home to sort this out and not staying to enjoy anymore of the World Cup they don’t deserve it! Seriously EJ might have spent 24 hours a day working but you couldn’t see it sorry! Crap selections and non existent game plan!

vCash
    Eddie Jones only wins this year are against Georgia and Portugal and his record with England last year before being sacked was 5/12. So that's 7/21 and lucky for Jones it was a short year because of the World Cup.

Unfortunately we appear to be wedded to Eddie's grand plan which I don't will pay off by 2027 let alone the Lions tour in 2025.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well, at least we were beaten by the two QF's in our Pool, Fiji lost to the last team to qualify for the RWC...

On to the Fiji bandwagon now, but sadly I can't see them getting past England on last nights efforts. I think on the back of the distraction of the personal tragedy, the tournament is starting to take it's attritional toll on the gallant Islanders.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    On to the Fiji bandwagon now,
    To be sure, to be sure.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    To be sure, to be sure.
    O'Shasta has a ring to it...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Cymru Am Byth