Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: World Rugby to appeal Farrell's disciplinary decision

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bootsetal06 View Post
    All English rugby players are of good character…..? Surely
    They are certainly the world authority on what is within the spirit of the game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Didn't think a new thread necessary so..........I'm unsure of how the foul play protocols apply to Scott Barrett's latest indiscretion. His first card was pretty much a "team foul" so his blatant foul play on Marx was an auto Red and wasn't upgraded. I reckon the citing commissioner might have something to say, though. I'm not sure of the process there. If a second YC is issued in the "team foul" or even a non-foul play infringement circumstance is a RC still the result? That does not seam reasonable.

I only had time to watch extended highlights of that match, but the Bokke have certainly thrown down a marker. That is one scary pack.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The ref said to was a yellow with off field review, but a red either way. I assume they'll have a close look at it.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    That injury to Lomax is concerning wonder if they have checked the boots of Willemse. Not saying it is intentional but could be a design flaw of the boots to open up some body that badly in a pretty innocuous way. Wasn’t like he was rucked or anything it came from the tackle when Lomax went low.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Didn't think a new thread necessary so..........I'm unsure of how the foul play protocols apply to Scott Barrett's latest indiscretion. His first card was pretty much a "team foul" so his blatant foul play on Marx was an auto Red and wasn't upgraded. I reckon the citing commissioner might have something to say, though. I'm not sure of the process there. If a second YC is issued in the "team foul" or even a non-foul play infringement circumstance is a RC still the result? That does not seam reasonable.

I only had time to watch extended highlights of that match, but the Bokke have certainly thrown down a marker. That is one scary pack.
    the old 2 Yellows = Red is not especially common and therefore not many incidents to go on, but I do remember a player getting a sit down as a result, so I'd expect Barret to lose at least 1 game.

Didn't watch the game, so whether he gets more as a result of whatever he did will be up for grabs, but I think it's pretty likely that the sanction will go as if he didn't have the original yellow, maybe add another week for it being his second cardable offence in the match.

If World Rugby want to get involved, they could argue that halving the sanction due to a clean record isn't applicable in this case (because common sense suggests that good character is a stretch if he's in that particular situation)

C'mon the

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2