Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90

Thread: Force v Cheetahs Spring Series matches locked in

  1. #31
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,584
    vCash
    5232000
    So many WF players stepping up - esp Poolman and Kuenzle.
    Williams doing a good job as captain.
    Pack holding it's own against a much bigger bunch.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #32
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    18,482
    vCash
    5016000
    Marley Pearce TRY.....almost....TMO denys

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #33
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    18,482
    vCash
    5016000
    Cheetahs 4th try off rolling maul, they lead 28-20. 12 mins to go

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #34
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    18,482
    vCash
    5016000
    Luala TRY...28-27, 6 MINS TO GO

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #35
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    18,482
    vCash
    5016000
    Cheetahs Penalty, 31 -27 . GAME OVER

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #36
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,584
    vCash
    5232000
    Top effort - thanks lads.
    7 x Club players blooded to a higher level - impressive.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 27-08-23 at 15:18.

  7. #37
    Champion Contributor todd4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Tweed Heads NSW
    Posts
    1,435
    vCash
    6099636
    Just watched the replay. Was that the most entertaining game Ive ever seen the Force play? The final score didn't really matter. I don't think any of the guys played a bad game. How often do you get to say that? How good is it to have a bloke in your team named Giovanni? or a bloke that looks like a viking?
    Seriously though I loved the style of play. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves throwing the ball around in attack and trying different things. I hope they persist with this style for the remainder of the series. Great way to build combos and team cohesion. The forward pack held their own but it was always going to be a battle against the Cheetahs rolling maul. Something to work on for next game. Max Burey can be an exciting player with the way he mixes things up. His chip kicks were pretty much spot on. I notice Pasitoa only got about 10 mins at the end, maybe they are just easing him back slowly after his long layoff with injury. He has good incentive to reach his potential if he's going to take the 10 jersey off Burey.
    Rowan Leahy made the most of his opportunity and with further development could be something special. Spinks and Potter had strong games as did Kuenzle. Horton played a strong game as did Williams off the back of the scrum. Lopeti seemed to enjoy his first game in Force colours.
    I just don't have a bad thing to say about the team. Most enjoyable game I've seen in a long time.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #38
    Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bridgetown, WA
    Posts
    6,074
    vCash
    10000
    It's a positive that their only tries were from rolling maul, but it is also an area our squad needs to develop. It looked like we were under a fair bit of pressure in the scrums too. Good experience for Pearce.

    I really like Horton, but he isn't big as a hooked.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

  9. #39
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    Burgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    22,118
    vCash
    144000
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Just watched the replay. Was that the most entertaining game Ive ever seen the Force play? The final score didn't really matter. I don't think any of the guys played a bad game. How often do you get to say that? How good is it to have a bloke in your team named Giovanni? or a bloke that looks like a viking?
    Seriously though I loved the style of play. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves throwing the ball around in attack and trying different things. I hope they persist with this style for the remainder of the series. Great way to build combos and team cohesion. The forward pack held their own but it was always going to be a battle against the Cheetahs rolling maul. Something to work on for next game. Max Burey can be an exciting player with the way he mixes things up. His chip kicks were pretty much spot on. I notice Pasitoa only got about 10 mins at the end, maybe they are just easing him back slowly after his long layoff with injury. He has good incentive to reach his potential if he's going to take the 10 jersey off Burey.
    Rowan Leahy made the most of his opportunity and with further development could be something special. Spinks and Potter had strong games as did Kuenzle. Horton played a strong game as did Williams off the back of the scrum. Lopeti seemed to enjoy his first game in Force colours.
    I just don't have a bad thing to say about the team. Most enjoyable game I've seen in a long time.
    There's not a lot I can add to that... which is good 'cause I'm late out the door!
    If not for a couple of wayward kicks into the in goal and a little better discipline keeping the Cheetahs out of our 22 then the odds are we would have taken that. Away from bigger bodies and a lethal attacking lineout maul I think the Cheetahs were no better than us, which given the respective time of season cycle and the Squads playing is very encouraging.
    There would be an argument for the young crew being let off the leash and playing without fear of failure and how that would translate to season proper, but I really enjoyed the way they played.
    I would also note at the end of the match it was the Cheetahs who first went to the roped off area while the Force (including obscure fringe players) were those in demand for photos with the local kids, to which they were very gracious I felt. A great advertisement for Western Australia and WA Rugby.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; 27-08-23 at 11:27.
    "Bloody oath we did!"

    Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

  10. #40
    (Previously WFDS) WFDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Secret Harbour
    Posts
    1,894
    vCash
    5290000
    All performed well. Stand outs…: Horton, Faifua, Spink, Marley. Potter very much reminds me of DHP

    Love the freedom and adventurism that Burey plays with. He won’t die wondering! Pasitoa has got his work cut out

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by WFDom; 26-08-23 at 12:24.

  11. #41
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,019
    vCash
    5064000
    Likewise on Todd4, Burgs and James' comments. I thought Leahy showed a lot of promise as well. If that is the type of entertaining rugby we can expect next year - bring it on.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #42
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,019
    vCash
    5064000
    Why am I surprised that there is there no coverage in The Worst about the game.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #43
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    15,470
    vCash
    5252000
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Why am I surprised that there is there no coverage in The Worst about the game.
    It's simply because there is much more important news taking up the sports pages after both locals missed the AFL finals. Like West Coast trying to manufacture positive spin after yet another surrender; this time to the under performing Crows.

    Eagles collect spoon and get first crack at Reid


    West Coast failed to send off their trio of retiring champions with a win, but their 45-point loss to a Taylor Walker-inspired Adelaide has at least ensured they will get first crack at boom Victorian midfielder Harley Reid.. - WA Today

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  14. #44
    Veteran SNOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carramar WA (gods country)!
    Posts
    4,023
    vCash
    3345639
    Anyone know where I can find the game? Thought it was on 9 sports but not there!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

  15. #45
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,019
    vCash
    5064000
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Anyone know where I can find the game? Thought it was on 9 sports but not there!
    Stan

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Annual Spring Series
    By Tazzmania in forum Western Force
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 30-07-23, 07:28
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-05-22, 13:01
  3. New signing locked in
    By Burgs in forum ACT Brumbies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-11-08, 14:25
  4. Wallabies Spring Tour matches Announced
    By Darren in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-06-06, 10:58
  5. 2006 Bundaberg Rum Rugby Series and Tri Nations Series
    By Burgs in forum International Rugby
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-12-05, 13:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •