Thread: Wilton Rebolo

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Wilton Rebolo

Reading with interest that freshly Force Capped Wilton Rebolo is able to play 1-2-3.
    With only Tom Horton in the current Squad a long term option, I wonder if Wilton has kept his hand in for the #2?
    My understanding is that Marley Pearce also started at Hooker, but moved to Prop due to opportunity?

https://djcoilrugby.com/2021/12/02/r...n-rebolo-2022/

https://www.americasrugbynews.com/20...by-appearance/

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Yes, this is my understanding. And I've mentioned this elsewhere. Rebolo had a good debut at THP. Needs more opportunities. I've said that he should be practicing his throwing, and maybe the no. 4 Hooker. I'd like to see him run on at LHP if the Force signs Ollie Hoskins.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Yes, this is my understanding. And I've mentioned this elsewhere. Rebolo had a good debut at THP. Needs more opportunities. I've said that he should be practicing his throwing, and maybe the no. 4 Hooker. I'd like to see him run on at LHP if the Force signs Ollie Hoskins.
    I recalled in posting, someone (I'm guessing you if recently Transiting) making comment about practicing throwing, but didn't understand the context. In the same couple of days I saw telecast of a Prop throwing in, so assumed the comment was just practicing as a Prop.
    He's a big lump (120kg?) so maybe getting a bit big for SR #2.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I recalled in posting, someone (I'm guessing you if recently Transiting) making a comment about practicing throwing, but didn't understand the context. In the same couple of days I saw telecast of a Prop throwing in, so assumed the comment was just practicing as a Prop.
    He's a big lump (120kg?) so maybe getting a bit big for SR #2.
    Others may have said the same, but yes I have said as much previously. Noticed when he was signed he has played 1 - 3. IMHO a great signing (cost benefit). If Hoskins can be signed, then maybe Rebolo starts at LHP until Robinson returns. Maybe able to get away with only Horton and Kaitu'u at No.2 together with Peacre (originally a Hooker) and Rebolo as backup.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    in the recent podcast on The Rugby Wrap. Coach Cron mentioned that Marley Pearse was a Hooker, but his lineout throwing needed a lot of work.

Or words to that effect.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco