Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Squad - Speculation Thread

vCash
    I wish him well. It will be a great experience for him, on and off the field.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    From Valance Romans rugby. Translation thanks to Google :

RYAN MCCAULEY IS COMMITTED TO THE DAMIERS FOR 2 SEASONS!

We found with Ryan everything we were looking for for the top 2nd line position. Namely height, a line leader who excels in the aerial field, quality in movement with and without the ball, as well as experience!

Indeed, despite his young age, Ryan is a former Australian U20 international who already has around forty super rugby matches.

We are very proud to have Ryan with us!

Previous clubs: Waratahs, Exeter Chiefs, Western Force

Honors: 25 matches in the National Rugby Championship, 33 matches in SuperRugby
    Maybe he's been talking to Clay Uyen, who played at Valance for a while. I think Clay's back in Perth these days.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Rahboni WARREN-VOSAYACO, Back row, leaves the Western Force (AUS) to sign with Brive (FRA) , source La Montagne

So he won't be around. Need to keep Isi.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Rahboni WARREN-VOSAYACO, Back row, leaves the Western Force (AUS) to sign with Brive (FRA) , source La Montagne

So he won't be around. Need to keep Isi.
    Sad to see him go.

Really gave the Force a spark.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Sad to see him go.

Really gave the Force a spark.
    Agreed. Hopefully his short stint at the Force helped to showcase his talents and that helped with the new gig. Considerding where he was before joining the Force.

vCash
    By my count we have 25 players committed for 2024 and/or beyond.
    That means 15 to be confirmed plus 1 x Injury cover for Tom Robertson.
    We're in for some interesting changes.

vCash
    Some of the Wasps players may be available as they won’t be going back into the premiership and will be starting in tenth grade.
    London Irish may also be the same boat.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    This makes for some interesting reading.
    https://www.rugbypass.com/news/premi...actually-owes/

May the FORCE be with you!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force lock down young guns Burey, Poolman
    Thu, Jun 15, 2023, 7:05 AM
    Nathan Williamson

The Western Force are continuing to build for the future after re-signing breakout star Max Burey and George Poolman on two-year deals.

Burey became their first-choice flyhalf after a superb second-half of the season for the Force.

Catch every game of Super Rugby Pacific LIVE on Stan Sport. Start your Free Sport Trial Now

Splitting his time between the club and Sevens, the 24-year-old debuted against the Crusaders in round 11 before starring in their wins over the Fijian Drua and Brumbies.

He produced one of the tries of the season to finish the Super Rugby Pacific season, re-gathering what looked to be a certain 50-22, grubbering ahead before finishing off a remarkable individual effort.

"Super Rugby was exactly what I expected; it was fast and tough. I just want to keep playing more of it," Burey said in a statement.

"I've spent a lot of time with the coaches on developing my game management and how you can better impact a team. The detail they go into is beneficial, and I have learnt a great deal just in my short time at the club.

I think it's essential to have the core group of players return; when our pre-season starts, we will start at the level we finished this season.

The games against the Cheetahs are critical for generating clear focus points for the Super season. These games will allow us to learn how to play against different, quality opposition and construct ways to adapt to situations. This is vital to me as a playmaker to extend my knowledge bandwidth."

As for Poolman, he has gradually emerged as a key member of their squad, one of few to feature in every game in 2023 from the bench.

He scored his first try in Super Rugby during their victory over Moana Pasifika in round three, eager to translate his debut season into a maiden start.

"This year was a huge milestone for me, I have learnt a great deal, but now it is time to 'beef up' and naturally put on some size to aid my performance on field," Poolman added.

The detail the coaches go into is insightful; the smaller things that people tend to brush over are a real focus. The coaching group have taught me to acknowledge the importance of core skills, they have made me think about the game differently.

I have really bought into the history and team here at the Force. I want to be affiliated with this club, what we stand for, and our motivation for success.

It was frustrating to fall short this season; we knew we were far off our best. We will learn from this, accelerate into pre-season with the core group, and prepare for the season ahead."

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/force-...oolman-2023614

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Great news on Burey and a 2 year deal a good reward for his efforts this year and the potential he's shown.
    Still not fully sold on Poolman. Definitely has potential, but was a bit of a liability at times this year - a 1 year deal might have been more appropriate. Hopefully the game time he was given this year greatly helps his development.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Still not fully sold on Poolman.
    A lot to like, but seemed to me needed to spend some serious time on catching and ball security. Perhaps kicking too, although didn't see much of that. Could be a lot if he could get those sorted, especially given his height.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Still not fully sold on Poolman. Definitely has potential, but was a bit of a liability at times this year - a 1 year deal might have been more appropriate. Hopefully the game time he was given this year greatly helps his development.
    Give the kid a break - he's a rookie straight out of the academy and was often asked to cover positions which were not his natural role; he's a fly-half/inside centre who was asked to cover large parts of some games at wing or outside centre. Without an NRC-level competition it's a hell of a step-up from the academy to playing against seasoned Super Rugby players/internationals. I'd expect to see a lot more of him against the Cheatahs or getting loaned to an NPC side for the season.

Kalapu, Tiatia and Maetele all had decent seasons after a spell in NZ, although Pugh less so

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Sheikh; 15-06-23 at 10:40.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I've softened on Poolman. I used to think he was a liability, but over time realised that he was just way too undercooked for Super Rugby. The kid struggled manfully in an almost impossible situation and fought his way through to the other side.

I don't think he should be starting, but as a development/fringe player I'm OK with the signing.

Burey vs Pasitoa should be a good battle. Honestly would love the youngen to win it, Max is a great option so Reesjan doesn't get on the field unless he's better. Good problems to have.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Fantastic news for Burey. The kid went out there and got it done!

Even more impressive when Cron commented on all he really had at the beginning of the year was pace. To add that level of game management and kicking in such a short amount of time is impressive.

I'm hoping Poolman repays the faith management has shown in him. There must be something there if the coaches consistently include him.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast