Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Force Supporters Code of Practice

vCash
    I know!! its the best I could come up with at 2am est!!!
    I know of a band called the Force Fields, but dunno how big on rugby they are.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu

vCash

Good Sportsmanship

Back to the code of conduct - I hate it when people boo the opposition when taking a kick. I went to see a Leicester match (Heineken Cup) when in England, and the ground announcer actually asked the crowd to show the opposition the same respect as they do the Leicester team and keep quiet. And pretty much the whole crowd did (hard when it's the French I know!). But maybe that's what the announcer needs to do at Subi - and it might catch on to the rest of the teams.

As for applauding the oppostion - they always get a bit of a golf clap from me - after all it's rugby, and a score is a score - no matter who gets it!

And I agree about the bad language around kids - keep it to a minimum. We were at the local final, and the Neddies supporters around us had pretty feral language and there were heaps of kids. We ended up moving cos it got so bad - and I wouldn't say I was a prude!!

vCash

So what changes?

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry
    In response to Coachs first birthday address....I would like to submit a Code of Practice.

Some may be tongue in cheek....other very serious..........but let me start.

Rules

#1 . Be a member. NO matter what your situation. Out of town, international...just make sure you are a member.

#2. When not on game days...and you see another member...be it they are wearing a cap or a shirt...greet them with...."May the Force be with you"....or if they have a sticker on their car....make sure you wave.

#3 Wear blue to the game...if you cant have an official jersey/top...wear the blue...(and not that powder puff blue of the tahs)

#4 (one I feel strong about) Welcome the coach (Mitch that is) when he and his staff walk to the coaching box before the game.

#5 Yell your hearts out when the Force run onto the field.....and after the game...no matter what the result....stay behind if you can and clap them all off....they deserve it.

#6 Be generous in your applause for efforts of our opposition..but not too generous.....and make sure their supporters are treated with courtesy....remember there are a number of our members who have dual loyalities....teams of your birthplace may still be your team....you never know...next week they may be sitting next to you cheering for the Force again.

#7 Respect the officials.....the referees and touch judges have a job to do...as in life...we all make mistakes....if they do...then like us we should accept the decision and move on.

#8 At all times be a responsible supporter.....we are wearing the colours of our team and are all ambassadors...drink responsibly....and if you get drunk...be a nice drunk...

#9 Support the people who support the Force......the sponsors believe in the Force...as do we.....if at all possible use their services.

#10 When in the Forum be respectful of other users and their views and if you make a comment make sure its something of substance and adds value to the experience of others. Remember we have guests who look at us again as ambassadors of our game and our team.

Well thats my thoughts.....feel free to add comments, suggestions etc and maybe we can knock into shape our ideals...
    Gerry, can you throw something in there that i DON'T already do (OK other than the thin about may the force be with you) I, and everyone I could see in my section seemed to do all of this the whole season. Maybe we could add when you're at the game, don't stop the wave like the people in block (about) 100 or so, It was really annoying when we were tryin to gee up the boys to see a certain block of people, too afraid to spill their chardonnays to support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_the_pom
    i honestly cant believe that me and Larry are the only 1's who think like this!!!

are there any others wif us?

or do you all sit there like stiffs being all poliate and boring?

coz it embarrasing when eng vs aust and all u can hear is the barmy army

never heard of an aussie sportsfan group.... oh wait is fanatics one?
    No speaking as one of the supporters of the not booing crowd, It's not that we're trying to be polite at all. It's not even respect for the opposition kicker. It's really about respect for the game. I'll shout at the ref as much as the next guy (his names Tony and hes a nice bloke) I'll boo any kicker from South Africa but if I were lining up an important conversion, I'd want some shoosh, (and then have the p**s taken out of me mercilessly when I miss) that's just the way I am!

BTW funny story, Against the Crusaders last year, the guy behind me mustn't have been able to make it, and gave his seat to a mate. It was occupied by some chick (No disrespect intended to female rugby fans, she wasn't one, she was a chick) sittin there with her Canape and frosty glass of white. Well, 5 minutes in Shep starts streaking down the far touchline on the biggest break I'd seen to date, and since I went to the game thinking if we get within 20 I'd be a happy man I was going MENTAL!!!!! Jumping up and down screaming my lungs out. Well as you know shep was brought down short and the crowd subsided a bit, but I felt this tug on my Jersey from behind, this girl wanted me to sit down so she could see the game.......She got the wrong seat for that (I don't think she stood up the entire match) I really don't like lukewarm supporters, Cheer your team, golf clap the opposition and hang around to show some respect for the players and coaches, don't forget Rugby Union is a game made for animals played by Gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by luke_the_pom
    we dont worry bout TIF
    just a jealous overwieght man looking for a reason to lash out!

Ahhh Luke just a jealous dyslexic man trying to flog a dead horse for profit!

Last edited by GIGS20; 23-09-06 at 18:05. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

vCash
    Well said GGST

vCash
    Wow! I didn't even know there was a Code of Practice.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by normie View Post
    Wow! I didn't even know there was a Code of Practice.
    we were very idealistic in the early days.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Fair amount if this going around of late!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6