Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Roar Posts..

vCash

Roar Posts..

Now there may be some logic in his argument but they way this twat said it left something to be desired..

https://www.theroar.com.au/2023/04/2...-losing-habits

Bliksem
    Bliksem
    Roar Rookie
    April 25th 2023 @ 11:59am

It will be a upset, given the difference in quality if the Force or Rebels makes the finals at the expense of either the Tahs or Reds. As Tier 2 teams they are setup to produce an upset or two while the Tier 1 teams compete for the trophy. If they manage against expectations to snug in, it is hard to see them win an away final against any of the top teams. The focus for the Force and Rebels this season should remain on closing the gap between them and the top teams and build for next season. The gap is closing but it will take at least two more seasons before they could be considered a threat for Tier 1 teams such as the Chiefs, Crusaders, Brumbies or Blues.

andrewM
    andrewM
    Roar Rookie
    April 25th 2023 @ 2:12pm

‘It will be a upset, given the difference in quality if the Force or Rebels makes the finals at the expense of either the Tahs or Reds.’
    What a pretentious load of tripe Bilksem

Edited after posting

Bliksem
    Roar Rookie
    April 25th 2023 @ 4:49pm

The pretentious tribe is to build up expectations to bash the team when they fall short.
    After an excellent first half against the Highlanders, the Force has not become overnight finalists. The Rebels has been playing well and I believe their progression is ahead of the Force, however they struggle in the second part of the second half as they lack quality from the bench. If a key player gets injured in either team they will struggle to make up for the loss. As the competition progresses injuries play a more significant role to pick the finalists. I expect another upset from these two teams and they may even sneak into the final eight.
    Let’s not inflate expectations for teams that always had little chance to play in the finals and then bash them when they don’t make it. Rather focus on progress these teams are making to build better structures and players for the future. Until both of these teams have approximately a dozen regular internationals, they will not win competitions.

Edited 4 minutes ago

andrewM
    Roar Rookie
    April 25th 2023 @ 4:54pm

Pray tell me Enlightened One, what about the Anointed Ones from Beyond the Northern Border who have been Blessed with such Riches? Apart from those who cometh from the Misty Mountains they seem to be fairing poorly too?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    "Until both of these teams have approximately a dozen regular internationals"

..........so therefore 60 regular internationals in Australia ie a 60 man Wallaby Squad........Is Eddie paying for that?

vCash
    There's a reason I don't visit The Roar.

Because it's shit.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    There's a reason I don't visit The Roar.

Because it's shit.
    This is sound reasoning. I also apply this to BookFace, Twatter, Tik Tok, GTT.......and all the other batshit crazy places on the interweb thingy.

However I made an exception just to have a squizz at whatever had got Andrew's goat over there. I'm still in the dark as I gave up after just a few minutes on seeing dozens of posts not about NZ v Oz Rugby....no, no, no. The permanently outraged over there were warring over whether Phar Lap was an Australian & whether the Kiwis invented Pavlova, FFS. Normal service resumed & I'll stick with the not so densely populated nowadays, TWF.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Despite some misgivings that this MSNBC article is sauced from Clickbait Central & unlikely as it seems, I'd like to see this come about. When I think about who was guiding the young James to becoming "Brand O'Connor" I was not surprised to see such a young man go down that path. That leads me to admire how he did the hard yards himself to turn his life and career around.

Prodigal's return: O'Connor eyes remarkable move back to Force as Wallabies young gun stays put at Reds

Seventeen years after making his Super Rugby debut with the Western Force as a 17-year-old, James O’Connor is in talks to join his former club.

The Roar can reveal O’Connor is in deep conversations about a remarkable move back to the franchise where it all started.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more...ds/ar-AA1aoa0d

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Despite some misgivings that this MSNBC article is sauced from Clickbait Central & unlikely as it seems, I'd like to see this come about. When I think about who was guiding the young James to becoming "Brand O'Connor" I was not surprised to see such a young man go down that path. That leads me to admire how he did the hard yards himself to turn his life and career around.

Prodigal's return: O'Connor eyes remarkable move back to Force as Wallabies young gun stays put at Reds

Seventeen years after making his Super Rugby debut with the Western Force as a 17-year-old, James O’Connor is in talks to join his former club.

The Roar can reveal O’Connor is in deep conversations about a remarkable move back to the franchise where it all started.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/more...ds/ar-AA1aoa0d
    Hegarty at 10
    Stewart wanting to play 10
    Pasitoa injured 10
    JOC in talks to return to Force. As a 10?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    Hegarty at 10
    Stewart wanting to play 10
    Pasitoa injured 10
    JOC in talks to return to Force. As a 10?
    I was thinking that, but let's look in more detail.

JOC > Hegarty IMHO, certainly the powers that be at RA think that, and despite them being uninformed tosspots, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Stewart has had plenty of go at 10 and I don't see anything from him that places him regularly above Reesjan in the pecking order (he's not even shifting Hegarty from the seat)
    Pasitoa hurt, so we need a 10, however JOC won't appear until Reesjan is fit so not due for consideration
    Strachan put in a bloody fantastic shift at 10 when called up to replace (was it Stewart) so theres another option.

I think JOC would be a good mentor for young blokes at 10 and a clear improvement over the "old" 10 we have doing this job right now. I could see worse things than this happening.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I was thinking that, but let's look in more detail.

JOC > Hegarty IMHO, certainly the powers that be at RA think that, and despite them being uninformed tosspots, even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Stewart has had plenty of go at 10 and I don't see anything from him that places him regularly above Reesjan in the pecking order (he's not even shifting Hegarty from the seat)
    Pasitoa hurt, so we need a 10, however JOC won't appear until Reesjan is fit so not due for consideration
    Strachan put in a bloody fantastic shift at 10 when called up to replace (was it Stewart) so theres another option.

I think JOC would be a good mentor for young blokes at 10 and a clear improvement over the "old" 10 we have doing this job right now. I could see worse things than this happening.
    I agree but I don't want the Force to go back to being considered the entry and exit of Super Rugby. We lost 'Brand O'Connor', he then and went and played his prime OS and in Qld (Qld for the right reasons). I think Pasitoa with Hegarty is a good fit for the team.

I am torn, should the Force give JOC another chance. Will JOC stay back and coach, continue in Perth or is this just another step in his journey.

In saying that, I listened to Cron's podcast last week and I was satisfied with his comment that he is only interested in those who will value add. So I have faith in whatever happens. Am just burnt and wary of 'Brand O'Connor'

vCash
    It would be good to have JOC's experience and leadership around the club. It all depends on how much it would cost to get him here.

vCash
    As one who remembers the Brand JOC fiasco... he can get f*&$@d ...

vCash
    JOC's definitely matured a lot since the brand O'Connor days and he's certainly an upgrade on Hegarty, who it appears is only signed for this season. So as a mentor to Pasitoa (as well as others in the squad), and utility backup for 10, 12, 13, 15 he would be a good pick-up.
    The main thing would be that we don't pay too much for him, as he's not essential. You would expect he would continue to get a Wallaby top-up, so hopefully the costs aren't all that high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    I agree but I don't want the Force to go back to being considered the entry and exit of Super Rugby. We lost 'Brand O'Connor', he then and went and played his prime OS and in Qld (Qld for the right reasons). I think Pasitoa with Hegarty is a good fit for the team.

I am torn, should the Force give JOC another chance. Will JOC stay back and coach, continue in Perth or is this just another step in his journey.

In saying that, I listened to Cron's podcast last week and I was satisfied with his comment that he is only interested in those who will value add. So I have faith in whatever happens. Am just burnt and wary of 'Brand O'Connor'
    I absolutely think this'd be another step in his professional rugby journey as opposed to being a wholesale acceptance that WA is the centre of the universe, but does that make him a bad purchase? Yes he will be using us, but we can also use him.

I was very anti Folau Fainga'a upon him signing, however it is pretty clear that he's a better playing option than both of our other hookers (which does pain me a bit to say) and therefore is actually a pretty good investment even if only for pushing the others to higher standards.

If it happens, I'm Sure Simon Cron is clever enough to manage any potential fallout and leverage him for what he's worth.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    There is a lot of "if" factors here. But if they are seriously considering it, he presents a lot of utility/injury cover. Probably slowed a bit but still looks pretty handy and quick between the ears.

Player
    vCash
    Or perhaps JOC's manager has been told his salary is going to be lower next year (due to his age, form and injuries?) and his manager is talking up alternatives? Or perhaps he has been told he won't get a Wallabies top-up and his Reds salary is not enough and he's looking for someone to pay him more? Surely that wouldn't happen, would it?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We will have to wait and see but remember it’s not over even when the fat lady sings the team song!

May the FORCE be with you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast