Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Can rugbywa stop making fuck ups

  1. #61
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,059
    vCash
    5102000
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Common sense will prevail however I would still like to know who actually came up with this mess and will they fall on their sword ,will the clubs be compensated for the huge amount of money they have all forked out to avoid relegation because I conserveatively estimate around $700,000 minimum has been spent trying to avoid relegation,it's a clusterfuck,again will those responsible rear their heads or will they hide in the darkness,show yourselves
    That would be a conservative effort with a couple of clubs still spending to bring players in from overseas I'm told - that might be to win the comp as usual of course. I wonder if they took into account what relegation would mean for loss of revenue and as a knock-on effect the possible loss of clubrooms and facilities because clubs would not be able to pay bills which would likely end up in their closure. Hardly a plan for expansion or increasing the strength of the game. And with the NRL looking at Perth for expansion this is surely not the time to be shrinking our game.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #62
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,948
    vCash
    5002000
    The old shrinking to greatness thing, the uproar that caused a few years back hmmm, same same but different,or is it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

  3. #63
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,059
    vCash
    5102000
    He ha I never thought of it like that. A great correlation.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #64
    Player KalaFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    285
    vCash
    5000000
    Board meeting last night?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    GRAB YOUR MATE!

  5. #65
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    21,434
    vCash
    400000
    The RugbyWA Meme page on Instagram seems to be across it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #66
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,588
    vCash
    5034000
    So what's the answer to bally's original question?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #67
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    Burgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    22,469
    vCash
    276000
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    So what's the answer to bally's original question?
    As the only question I can decipher is in the title, I'm guessing "No"?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

    Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

  8. #68
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    Burgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    22,469
    vCash
    276000
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The RugbyWA Meme page on Instagram seems to be across it.
    File under "Didn't Miss"!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

    Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

  9. #69
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2023
    Location
    In a ruck
    Posts
    112
    vCash
    5050000
    Good to see Neddies up to their usual tricks. Forfeiting 3rd grade against Baysie on the weekend which totally shafted Joondalup as they miss out on finals and Baysie go through.

    This completely messes with the whole integrity of the competition and I would be pissed if involved at Joondalup. I think if a team forfeits 3rd grade then they should lose points from all teams above or they shouldn't qualify for finals (unless it is due to unavoidable situation like the Golden Staph)

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #70
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    8,021
    vCash
    5310000
    yes it was due to the golden Staph situation

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #71
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    home
    Posts
    2,059
    vCash
    5102000
    Looks like they have split the competition into two based on last season but sent UWA into Div 2 for being naughty boys.
    Not having juniors you would presume as has been discussed here already.
    Next year everyone plays everyone else for a complete round then there is a split with a couple of games and a clusterfuck of a final series with some kind of promotion and relegation.
    So no Bally, Fulvio and anyone else interested, it seems RugbyWA cannot stop making fuck ups.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by wholetruth; 27-10-23 at 05:17.

  12. #72
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    Burgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    22,469
    vCash
    276000
    Was wondering, would there be interest from Clubland to work with the Force to hold fundraiser sausage sizzles at Force matches?
    Was looking at the stadium map and see an area titled "BBQ Terrace" under the main stand.
    Would probably take a full year to negotiate out of existing catering contracts to new ones, but imagine the pulling power of frying onions drifting up through the stand above!!!
    With 7 matches I would see the opportunity for 14, 21 or 28 "slots". Up to 2 under the grandstand and one each end.
    Perhaps a slot offered to each WA Club and the balance put to ballot or other allocation (RWA Gold etc)?
    No doubt myriad reasons around health and insurance, but an idea from the cheap seats anyway.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

    Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

  13. #73
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    fremantle
    Posts
    793
    vCash
    4478000
    While we're at it can we do the old fashioned doubles on the main game!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #74
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,887
    vCash
    28800136
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Was wondering, would there be interest from Clubland to work with the Force to hold fundraiser sausage sizzles at Force matches?
    Was looking at the stadium map and see an area titled "BBQ Terrace" under the main stand.
    Would probably take a full year to negotiate out of existing catering contracts to new ones, but imagine the pulling power of frying onions drifting up through the stand above!!!
    With 7 matches I would see the opportunity for 14, 21 or 28 "slots". Up to 2 under the grandstand and one each end.
    Perhaps a slot offered to each WA Club and the balance put to ballot or other allocation (RWA Gold etc)?
    No doubt myriad reasons around health and insurance, but an idea from the cheap seats anyway.
    I suspect that there is close to zero chance of that happening. The Force hires the ground, and the contract for the ground includes the vendors at the ground (who, IIRC, have their own quite expensive contracts with the stadium management). The Force don't even have the catering rights for the Diamond Club under the East stand or the member's club at the south gate; if they did the Diamond Club wouldn't close at the final whistle and the member's club would be open for longer after the games, as there's barely time to get a drink in before the bar closes.

    I'd love the clubs to be able to have fundraiser sausage sizzles - each club could come up with their own twist (eg, Joondalup could do Boerewors!) But that's probably more something which could be done at UWA matches rather than at a ground where you hire the ground and the franchisees (complete with mid-strength beer and average grub) come with the package.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  15. #75
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    Burgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    22,469
    vCash
    276000
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I suspect that there is close to zero chance of that happening. The Force hires the ground, and the contract for the ground includes the vendors at the ground (who, IIRC, have their own quite expensive contracts with the stadium management). The Force don't even have the catering rights for the Diamond Club under the East stand or the member's club at the south gate; if they did the Diamond Club wouldn't close at the final whistle and the member's club would be open for longer after the games, as there's barely time to get a drink in before the bar closes.

    I'd love the clubs to be able to have fundraiser sausage sizzles - each club could come up with their own twist (eg, Joondalup could do Boerewors!) But that's probably more something which could be done at UWA matches rather than at a ground where you hire the ground and the franchisees (complete with mid-strength beer and average grub) come with the package.
    But just think of that onion smell...

    Yes, was assuming something along the lines of what you say around contracts etc, but without intent things don't change.
    Generally when discussions are held around catering for anything (apart from fundraising) expediency outweighs best experience.
    If it can be made easy to deliver on secondary items that will usually get up.
    But if a group of active Clublanders from across the comp were to go the Force and say, "In 3 years we want to do X" then maybe it would get some traction.
    Agreed re UWA matches, but then you'd likely have the same argument around UWA ceding their "home ground"?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

    Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-05-07, 19:22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •