Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Super Rugby Pacific 2023 Teams: All the team news for Round 1

Veteran
    vCash
    i am really concerned this year. It is almost a brand new team, with very little continuity from last year. And that seemed to show with how well they played ,especially in the first half.

They came together in the second half, but once we come up against quality opposition, it will be a blood bath.

This is after watching a few games prior to see where the skills and combo's were at. I feel like this is going to be a tough year, and i hope those combo's come together, and that someone can rub this post in my face!

Some nice individual work, which bodes well for the future (i hope they are all on longer than 1y contracts!). Good to have a kicker, stewart went hard, the wingers were solid, I still like strauchan over Tiatia. I also worry about the size of our pack, our locks look a little like me (scrawny). Did Wells put much in? i didn't see that much special out there.

Anyway, rant over

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I have to admit I spent a lot of last night trying to figure out who was who..especially that big fella who came on in the second half and scored a try
    Having said that, I was impressed that 11 blokes who had not played Super Rugby together did a good job jelling in the second half

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I have to admit I spent a lot of last night trying to figure out who was who..especially that big fella who came on in the second half and scored a try
    Having said that, I was impressed that 11 blokes who had not played Super Rugby together did a good job jelling in the second half
    The first half showed how they intend to play; often switching the point of attack to disrupt the opposition D covering around the ruck. Some nice running lines and inside passes. Unfortunately a lot didn't stick, but that improved after half time. The D looked solid all game and the missed tackle stats were pretty good, and will get better. I always felt like they could come back & I feel like if the match were played with a few more runs togrther, it could easily be a bigger margin. All-in-all a good first-up effort but they'll need to get a whole lot better to get anywhere against the Kiwis, bar maybe the Highlanders.

P.S. How did all the sirs miss that Fa'amausili shoulder charge? I thought it was a YC for sure.

P.P.S. Just saw that "shoulder charge" from another angle. A great legal hit.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 26-02-23 at 09:50.
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Watched the a game from a sports bar in Bangkok,almost threw a few Leo bottles through the screen during the first half!

Player
    vCash
    Is Rebolo still in the squad? Might get a run next week.

Champion
    vCash
    Injuries are a worry as it’s the start of the season! Hope a few will be back for next week 😳

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Watched the a game from a sports bar in Bangkok,almost threw a few Leo bottles through the screen during the first half!
    Empty ones of course!?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    On your "golfing" tour again?

Player
    vCash
    Everyone can thank me! At half time I went and cooked breakfast and left the young fella to commentate the game to me. If I looked at the game they fumbled, etc. I ended up finding shit in the kitchen to clean for 40 mins so in didn’t jinx them. At 80 mins I thought it would be safe to watch and then the scrum kept collapsing so I went back to the kitchen and put my fingers in my ears and we won 😂!!!!

That said it was a damn fast game and the Force on the second half were driving that speed, and the unexpected direction of attack. They didn’t just shove the ball sideways

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The first half showed how they intend to play; often switching the point of attack to disrupt the opposition D covering around the ruck. Some nice running lines and inside passes. Unfortunately a lot didn't stick, but that improved after half time. The D looked solid all game and the missed tackle stats were pretty good, and will get better. I always felt like they could come back & I feel like if the match were played with a few more runs togrther, it could easily be a bigger margin. All-in-all a good first-up effort but they'll need to get a whole lot better to get anywhere against the Kiwis, bar maybe the Highlanders. P.S. How did all the sirs miss that Fa'amausili shoulder charge? I thought it was a YC for sure.P.P.S. Just saw that "shoulder charge" from another angle. A great legal hit.
    Nah bro, led with the shoulder, no attempt to wrapYou can't just hang an arm out and smack him with your shoulder

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Nah bro, led with the shoulder, no attempt to wrapYou can't just hang an arm out and smack him with your shoulder
    Dude you need to watch it again.

Clean Tackle IMO

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    you would think that after all of this Golf touring he would get better (at golf).

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Of course

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    And the Bangkok 10s rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Everyone can thank me!
    OK. I'll tell that old bloke who sits next to me next time I see him. He might find it a little difficult to take his seat though. I reckon he might have some delicate body parts frozen off in the intervening period. At least his beer won't get warm.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast