Thread: Reesjan Pasitoa

vCash

Reesjan Pasitoa

Western Force: Reesjan Pasitoa wants to be the ‘Wallaby 10’

Article on Planet Rugby

Western Force fly-half Reesjan Pasitoa has lofty ambitions for his future and wants to be the best playmaker in the world.

The 21-year-old played fantastic rugby for the Perth side last season in the Super Rugby Pacific after returning from a stint with the Brumbies that did not work.

Unfortunately for Pasitoa, a knee injury hampered any chances of receiving higher honours with the Wallabies, but his confidence remains.

“I want to be the Wallaby 10, I want to be the best 10 in the world, I’ve always said that,” Pasitoa told RugbyPass.

“In terms of winning, I want to win a Bledisloe and I want to win a World Cup. That’s my goals.

“I’ve said that since I was a little kid that I want to be the best 10 in the world. If I can get that Wallaby 10 jersey, that’s what I’m coming after.

“For now, just focus on my knee and make sure I can get back on the field healthy and fit and then like I said, just do the best I can and put my best foot forward.”

Pasiota used to play for Perth Bayswater Rugby Union Club, and he wants to inspire the next generation to want to represent their region and country in rugby.

“I remember going to games growing up as a young boy here and going to Force games and selling tickets at the front gates. Now I get to play for them which is pretty cool,” he added

“I’ll never forget this time at my club, we had our awards night and they asked us ‘who wants to be an All Black when you grow up?’ I’d argue almost everyone put their hands up.

“I think back now and why I came back is so that maybe if that question is asked again, people put their hands up for if you want to play for the Wallabies and if you want to play for the Western Force.

“I think that’d be pretty cool for young boys and girls to want to play for Australia and play for their Australian clubs.

“I guess that’s another reason why I came to try and change that mindset of things and hopefully we can be part of that change.”

Focused on Australia

The fly-half admits at one point, he wanted to play for All Blacks, but despite being a big fan of Daniel Carter, is committed to representing the Wallabies.

“Yeah (I wanted to play for the All Blacks). My favourite player and my idol was Daniel Carter, always has been.

“I grew up going for the Blues. Some of my family is in Auckland, my dad grew up in Auckland, so it’s always been for the Blues, always been for the All Blacks.

“Even in League I go for the Warriors still but I guess now I’m just really pushing for that gold jersey.

“If I could change that for young boys and girls who are growing up here in Australia, to want to play for Australia, then that’d be cool. That’s the goal.”

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    hope it all comes to plan young man i love your mindset

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Whats the progress with the knee? When is he expected to resume playing?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Whats the progress with the knee? When is he expected to resume playing?
    Heard nothing recently, but initial reports had a definite throw 2023 out the window flavour, so I'd suspect late super rugby if rehab goes well.Not sure why he was given almost 12 mints recovery window

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Heard nothing recently, but initial reports had a definite throw 2023 out the window flavour, so I'd suspect late super rugby if rehab goes well.Not sure why he was given almost 12 mints recovery window
    Back in my day you'd be given the weekend off and told to report for training Monday arvo...

vCash
    Everyone wants to play': Rising star reflects on rivalry with Noah Lolesio

From Rugby Pass

Rising star Reesjan Pasitoa has taken every opportunity to “learn from the best” with both hands throughout his young career.

And the talented Western Force playmaker is just getting started.

After growing up in Western Australia, Pasitoa was given the opportunity to attend one of Australia’s most prestigious rugby schools on a scholarship.

Pasitoa won two GPS premierships with the Nudgee College First XV in Brisbane, as he proved himself to be one of the brightest up-and-coming talents in Australian rugby.

The star pivot inked a deal with the Brumbies while he was still at High School, as he looked to develop his game alongside some of the best players in the nation.

But Pasitoa was locked in an intriguing battle with another emerging star for the starting jersey, which ultimately went to his teammate Noah Lolesio.

Pasitoa was given limited opportunities to shine at Super Rugby level, as Lolesio and Brumbies veteran Christian Leali’ifano were seen as preferred options.

While he agreed that the lack of playing time was frustrating, Pasitoa opened up about what he learnt throughout his time in the nations capital.

“Yeah, yeah for sure (it was frustrating). But I think something that I learnt there is even if you’re not playing, the importance you play in our role of the team,” Pasitoa told RugbyPass.

“If you’re not playing that week, you’ve got to prepare the boys who are playing as best as you can.

“I learnt lots off Christian and Noah as well… planning my weeks and regarding extras and all that stuff.

“Noah was good competition. (I) learned a lot off him and obviously you can see he’s excelled and doing really well.

“Everyone wants to play and I guess that’s just how it is.”

Noah Lolesio quickly rose to superstar status within Australian rugby, as he guided the Brumbies to a Super Rugby AU title and made his Wallabies debut.

Lolesio entered the fray of test rugby against traditional rivals the All Blacks a few years ago now, and hasn’t skipped a beat since.

The star fly-half played a crucial role in the Wallabies’ series win over World Cup favourites France a couple of years ago, in what a coming of age moment for the young gun.

The Auckland-born talent kicked winning penalty goals in the first and third test match, which was the last time Les Bleus lost.

Lolesio only played half of the Wallabies’ test matches last year, and started six of them, but is clearly shaping up to be a future leader of the national side.

As for Pasitoa, he’s coming off his first full season as a matchday regular in Super Rugby after signing for the Western Force.

But a devastating knee injury while playing club rugby in WA, in the final two minutes of that match too, has sidelined him until around the middle of May

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    So; back with just a handful of SR matches. A spell in NPC if Jones doesn't give him a phonecall?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Back in my day you'd be given the weekend off and told to report for training Monday arvo...
    and be told to keep the fluids up,lol

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    and be told to keep the fluids up,lol
    Thats what I need to do too. Nearly done with the Mane Liquor Advent Calendar.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Thats what I need to do too. Nearly done with the Mane Liquor Advent Calendar.
    Little bit behind there mate

I'll double down on the shameless plug for Mane Liquor though - best bottle shop in the city.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Little bit behind there mate

I'll double down on the shameless plug for Mane Liquor though - best bottle shop in the city.
    amen

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!