Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game 1 - Wallabies v England

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Game 1 - Wallabies v England

Wallabies confirm team for first Test against England
    Thu, 30/06/2022, 11:12 am
    Nathan Williamson

Wallabies coach Dave Rennie has confirmed Dave Porecki and Cadeyrn Neville will debut in the first Test against England at Optus Stadium.

Neville becomes the third-oldest debutant since World War II, partnering Brumbies teammate Darcy Swain in the second-row.

Meanwhile, Porecki caps off his own remarkable journey, partnering Waratahs teammate Angus Bell and Brumbies tighthead Allan Alaalatoa in the front-row.

“The whole squad has worked hard over the past fortnight for what's going to be a tough three-Test series against a very good England side," Rennie said in a statement.

"Earning their first caps is a proud occasion for David, Cadeyrn and their families, with both men taking a unique journey to realise their dream of wearing the Wallabies jersey.

Michael Hooper will once again captain the side, joining a settled backrow in Rob Leota and Rob Valetini.

Meanwhile, Japanese-based trio Quade Cooper, Samu Kerevi and Marika Koroibete make their returns after missing the Spring Tour.

Cooper partners with the experienced Nic White in the halves whilst Samu Kerevi reunites with Len Ikitau in the centres.

Koroibete slots back onto the wing alongside 2021 Rookie of the Year Andrew Kellaway, with Tom Banks retaining his spot at the back.

New Force hooker Folau Fainga'a will get his chance to impress his home crowd, selected on the reserves alongside Scott Sio

James Slipper will cover tighthead after Taniela Tupou failed to overcome a calf injury suffered during Super Rugby Pacific, providing crucial experience along with Matt Philip and Pete Samu.

He is joined by Brumbies teammate Noah Lolesio and Waratahs skipper Jake Gordon, who beat out James O'Connor and Tate McDermott respectively for spots on the bench.

"The honour of representing our country is a massive motivating factor and we'll be doing everything we can to put in a performance that makes all Australians proud," Rennie added.

Every Wallabies Test will be ad-free, live and on-demand with extended coverage on Stan Sport along with shown free-to-air on the Nine Network.

Wallabies team to play England at Optus Stadium, Perth on Saturday 2 July, 5:55pm AWST

1. Angus Bell (16 Tests)

2. David Porecki*

3. Allan Alaalatoa (53 Tests)

4. Darcy Swain (10 Tests)

5. Cadeyrn Neville*

6. Rob Leota (6 Tests)

7. Michael Hooper (c) (118 Tests)

8. Rob Valetini (18 Tests)

9. Nic White (47 Tests)

10. Quade Cooper (75 Tests)

11. Marika Koroibete (42 Tests)

12. Samu Kerevi (38 Tests)

13. Len Ikitau (13 Tests)

14. Andrew Kellaway (13 Tests)

15. Tom Banks (19 Tests)

Replacements

16. Folau Fainga’a (25 Tests)

17. Scott Sio (69 Tests)

18. James Slipper (114 Tests)

19. Matt Philip (20 Tests)

20. Pete Samu (19 Tests)

21. Jake Gordon (10 Tests)

22. Noah Lolesio (9 Tests)

23. Jordan Petaia (16 Tests)

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...ickets-2022628

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Wallabies v England Game One: How to watch, tickets, teams and more
    Thu, 30/06/2022, 1:05 pm
    Nathan Williamson

The Wallabies will kick off their International series with a blockbuster three-game series against England.

It will kick off at Optus Stadium in Perth on July 2 before heading to Brisbane and Sydney as Dave Rennie's men look to end a recent winless streak against the old rivals.

Don't miss out! Purchase your tickets for the Wallabies' three-Test series against England
    With the eToro Series set to get underway, here is everything that you need to know about Wallabies v England

WHEN DO THE WALLABIES PLAY NEXT?
    The Wallabies will play next England on July 2 at Optus Stadium

It will be their first game in the three-match series, which will then head to Suncorp Stadium on July 9.

The series will conclude in Sydney, with both teams returning to the SCG for the first time in 47 years on July 16

HOW TO WATCH WALLABIES V ENGLAND ON TV IN AUSTRALIA?
    The Wallabies v England series will be shown on TV across the Nine Network and Stan Sport.

The first Test between the Wallabies and England will be live on Chanel Nine on Saturday night, with coverage beginning from 7:30pm .

The blockbuster will also be ad-free, live and on demand, with extended coverage on Stan Sport from 7:15pm. This will include a dedicated Wallabies cam, as well as the option to watch via Spidercam.

HOW TO WATCH WALLABIES V ENGLAND OVERSEAS
    New Zealand: Sky Sports

South Africa/Africa and adjacent islands: SuperSport

Argentina/South America/North America: ESPN

USA: FloSports

Canada: TSN

UK & Ireland (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man): Sky UK

France/Andorra/Monaco/Luxembourg: Canal+

Japan: Wowow

Pacific: Digicel

Italy, Vatican City, San Marino and Canton Ticino, Switzerland: Sky Italia

Spain/Andorra:Telefonica

Asia-Pacific, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma (Myanmar), Cambodia, Federated States of Micronesia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marianas, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Nepal,Northern Marianas, North Korea, Pakistan, Palau, Philippines, Singapore,South Korea, Tajikistan, Taiwan (Republic of China), Thailand, Timor-Leste,Vietnam: Premier Sports

Africa and adjacent islands: SuperSport

List of nations under SanzaarRugby.tv:
    Asia

Afghanistan, Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, China, India and Sri Lanka

Europe

Portugal, Spain, Andorra, Albania, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey and Ukraine

WALLABIES V ENGLAND FIXTURES
    Wallabies v England, Saturday 2 July, 5:55pm AWST/7:55pm AEST at Optus Stadium, Perth

Wallabies v England, Saturday 9 July, 7:55pm AEST at Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

Wallabies v England, Saturday 16 July, 7:55pm AEST at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney

WHEN IS THE WALLABIES V ENGLAND KICK OFF?
    The first Test between the Wallabies and England will kick off at 7:55 pm AEST/5:55 pm AWST at Optus Stadium on Saturday July 2

Coverage will begin on Channel Nine from 7:30 pm AEST on free-to-air.

Meanwhile, coverage will be ad-free from 7:15 pm AEST and continue throughout the game on Stan Sport.

WALLABIES V ENGLAND PERTH TICKETS
    There are still a number of tickets available for the first Test between the Wallabies and England.

Tickets are selling fast as the Wallabies look to start their 2022 International calendar on a strong note

Click here to purchase tickets for the first Test
    WALLABIES V ENGLAND FIRST TEST TEAMS
    WALLABIES (1-15): Angus Bell, Dave Porecki, Allan Allalatoa, Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Leota, Michael Hooper (c), Rob Valetini, Nic White, Quade Cooper, Marika Koroibete, Samu Kerevi, Len Ikitau, Andrew Kellaway, Tom Banks

Reserves: Folau Fainga'a, Scott Sio, James Slipper, Matt Philip, Pete Samu, Jake Gordon, Noah Lolesio, Jordan Petaia

Click here for all your team news for the Wallabies
    ENGLAND (1-15): TBC

Reserves: TBC

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/wallab...-teams-2022630

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    ...Neville becomes the third-oldest debutant since World War II, partnering Brumbies teammate Darcy Swain in the second-row....
    What sort of a stupid stat is that????????????????

I believe he is also the seventeenth-oldest debutant since World War I

vCash

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

the real stat is he will be the 785th youngest Wallaby debutant since World War I

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post

4th left-handed lock who's sister is a chartered accountant since Australia's 7th appearance at an Olympic games

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Didn't mind Henry Arundell's contribution to the game for the short period he was on. Brought the youtube highlights to the test match arena. He reminds me of Alistair Murdoch and Campo rolled into one.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Two Cents Rugby Review

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    OK, so it's a day later, watched a replay, and it hasn't changed my mind. I don't think Swains headbutt deserved red, though he'll likely get time. I'm unaware of any specific law that says that's mandatory. Considering the minimal force & mitigating provocation, YC and penalty very sufficient for the supposed "sole judge". The TMO deserved a headbutt for missing the extreme provocation. I doubt the match review will miss it.

vCash
    Sorry Shas, but striking with the head is clearly identified as foul play

Low end sanction 4 weeks, which is what I expect Swain will get.

It certainly wasn't high force, and certainly mitigated by the twat fuckers of Jonny hill, but that's what makes it low end, not excusable.

I personally don't think head contact protocols should apply to striking.and think that swains inability to control himself in the face of the niggle deserves what he got unfortunately

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I think understand what foul play is. Force of contact is routinely considered. Common sense says the instigator was not put in any danger of injury. YC and a telling-off sufficient. Dead set.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    What does Hill get for the two hand shove directly to the head of Swain right in front of the Referee at 23:34?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Sorry Shas, but striking with the head is clearly identified as foul play

Low end sanction 4 weeks, which is what I expect Swain will get.

It certainly wasn't high force, and certainly mitigated by the twat fuckers of Jonny hill, but that's what makes it low end, not excusable.

I personally don't think head contact protocols should apply to striking.and think that swains inability to control himself in the face of the niggle deserves what he got unfortunately
    Agree 100%

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Agree that swain deserves and will get time. Headbutt not ok, no matter the provocation. The “Grub” deserves time as well for striking to the head. Would pulling hair equate to direct force to the head. Push and pull are both force, yeah?

Something else that got my goat was Allan Alaalatoa getting pinged for not rolling away in a tackle when he was clearly knocked out in the tackle. In penalising him did the ref fail in a basic duty of care. I guess from my first sentence you can see my bias.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast