Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force Home Games 2023

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force Home Games 2023

Rumor has it that the Force & Glory may be proposing a temporary stadium set up at Subi Oval for next year.

has anyone heard anything more??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Given there is a High School on the former Subiaco Oval site these days I'd be interested where the rumor came from.

vCash
    The High School is the old grass carpark beside the oval, not actually on the oval.
    Name:  Subi.jpg
Views: 750
Size:  106.5 KB

vCash
    Well I meant where the eastern stands used to be not the playing surface - the Oval itself is a community facility now? The brown area immediately to the left of the buildings in your shot is now Tennis courts, there has been some concrete walking paths placed around the oval as well.

I'd also imagine the lighting on site is no longer up to any standard for Professional Sports:

Name:  subi.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  53.6 KB

vCash
    Tony Lewis spoke on 91.3 fm this and mentioned that this is an option.

They have a plan and costings in the region of $3m for a temporary facility, stands lighting change rooms etc.

However the are still working closly with HBF and hoping a plan can still be made.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Taking the few games out to the country would be an issue with the required lighting a major barrier as well as the issue with city based members not being able to attend

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    The Oval itself is also considered part of the School grounds and the public can only use the ground outside of school hours.

vCash
    It was raised in the members bar prior to the game. That the proposed fixtures submitted by the Force, they are hoping it will have no impact on games at home or hopefully only 1 game may need to be held elsewhere

Champion
    vCash
    Not Subiaco but Subiaco's home ground - Leederville Oval.
    Story says we might only lose one home game - still one game too many.

Radical plan to build temporary $3.6 million stadium for Western Force and Perth Glory at Leederville Oval
    Nick Taylor

Western Force chief executive Tony Lewis has a radical multi-million dollar plan to ease potential fixture chaos for the Super Rugby club and Perth Glory.
    The clubs will be forced out of HBF Park for several weeks next season when the stadium is used for two concerts and during the $35 million upgrade for the Women’s World Cup next July.
    Lewis believes a temporary 10,000-seater undercover stadium with 20 corporate boxes and powerful enough lighting for television broadcast can be built for $3.6 million at Leederville Oval.
    It is one of several options under discussion with the government to try and ease the financial pain on the clubs of being kicked out of HBF Park.
    Lewis led the transformation of the provincial rugby ground in Nelson, New Zealand for an All Backs Test against Argentina in 2018 when he was chief executive of the Tasman Rugby Union.
    “One of the things we have looked at, if we can’t play games at HBF, is to get funding from the government to build a portable stadium,” Lewis said.
    “It would be built for a 10-12 week period.
    “I built the stadium for an All Black Test match in Nelson from scratch.
    “We built a 24,000 seater stadium in four weeks, had the Test match and tore it down in seven days.
    “It’s a similar sort of concept. I’ve gone to the people that built it for me and I’ve got the drawings on my desk.”
    However the Force may not need the temporary home as they can accommodate all but one of their next season’s scheduled home games at HBF Park.
    Lewis and Glory chief executive Tony Pignata are meeting the government again on Friday.
    Pignata said Leederville was only one option.

“Venueswest are aware of our problems, we are talking with them and hopefully we can come up with a solution in the next week or two,” he said.
    “We are exploring other options but there is nothing in WA that meets the lighting criteria apart from HBF Park and Optus Stadium.
    “I’m expecting to be able to source a venue in the not too distant future.”
    Glory have played Australia Cup games at Dorrien Gardens but it is not suitable for the A-League, Pignata said.
    Work on the HBF Park upgrade is needed to bringing it into line with FIFA requirements for the World Cup.
    English singer Harry Styles plays at the stadium on February 20 and another artist is pencilled in for the first weekend in March.
    The stage will remain on the ground between shows before six weeks of turf restoration for the five World Cup matches.
    HBF Park had temporary scaffold seating on the eastern side of the ground before it was upgraded a decade ago.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    If Leederville Oval, I hope it doesnt rain then. Lots of open air seating .... Mind you I might get confused and wear my East Perth Footy Club gear...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Something like this was built for the sevens at the Rio Olympics

Name:  4321993439db_15_estadio_deodoro.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  192.6 KB

I thought they could put something like that on three sides at Leedy. Or they could use the Velodrome (Litis Stadium).

Curtin University has a nice hockey stadium, but I doubt the dimensions would be sufficient, let alone installing grass.

Shame the Burswood Dome isn't around anymore, that would have been fun

Last edited by chibi; 01-06-22 at 20:37.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Something like this was built for the sevens at the Rio Olympics

Name:  4321993439db_15_estadio_deodoro.jpg
Views: 709
Size:  192.6 KB

I thought they could put something like that on three sides at Leedy. Or they could use the Velodrome (Litis Stadium).

Curtin University has a nice hockey stadium, but I doubt the dimensions would be sufficient, let alone installing grass.

Shame the Burswood Dome isn't around anymore, that would have been fun
    You saved me a post.

I was about to suggest the Dome - I take it. The Dome is no longer with us.

Didnt they trial it for Western Reds?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Lewis led the transformation of the provincial rugby ground in Nelson, New Zealand for an All Backs Test against Argentina in 2018 when he was chief executive of the Tasman Rugby Union.
    “One of the things we have looked at, if we can’t play games at HBF, is to get funding from the government to build a portable stadium,” Lewis said.
    “It would be built for a 10-12 week period.
    “I built the stadium for an All Black Test match in Nelson from scratch.
    “We built a 24,000 seater stadium in four weeks, had the Test match and tore it down in seven days.
    Yes Tony but you had a whole country of scaffolders to choose from, I think we have sent most of the them back to UnZud by now

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Question

If the force are likely to lose 1 home game, I'd assume the glory will only lose a few as well, let's call it 2

Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire Optus for 3 dates rather than spend 3.5 million and disrupt some other users facility?

Please talk the hypothetical unless the numbers are vastly underreported.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Question

If the force are likely to lose 1 home game, I'd assume the glory will only lose a few as well, let's call it 2

Wouldn't it be cheaper to hire Optus for 3 dates rather than spend 3.5 million and disrupt some other users facility?

Please talk the hypothetical unless the numbers are vastly underreported.

exactly surely just book the crusaders and sell the tickets cheap.

like the what they do in england for the London Derby

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast