Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 45

Thread: Force v Hurricanes - 28 May 2022

  1. #1
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    16,371
    vCash
    3838000

    Force v Hurricanes - 28 May 2022

    Last game of the year at home, I expect everyone from club rugby will attend given the Fortescue Premier Grade friendly kick off time of 8pm, just shame it's too late for the kiddies to attend

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  2. #2
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,744
    vCash
    5324000
    I reckon the win is on. We can't make this one.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  3. #3
    Champion Tazzmania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,616
    vCash
    5312000
    HURRICANES (1-15): Pouri Rakete-Stones, Dane Coles, Owen Franks, James Blackwell, Justin Sangster, Caleb Delany, Du'Plessis Kirifi, Brayden Iose, TJ Perenara (c), Aidan Morgan, Salesi Rayasi, Billy Proctor, Bailyn Sullivan, Wes Goosen, Josh Moorby

    RESERVES: Asafo Aumua, Xavier Numia, Tevita Mafileo, Blake Gibson, Ardie Savea, Jamie Booth, Jackson Garden-Bachop, Teihorangi Walden

    FORCE TBC

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Force Onwards and Upwards

  4. #4
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,768
    vCash
    27530000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I reckon the win is on. We can't make this one.
    Yep, I expect the win with the Canes resting a bunch under the assumption that the Chiefs are a guaranteed win against the Drua and the Blues will beat the tahs, so no big changes to the table (No chance of getting a home final, and slipping a place if the Tahs do pull off an upset will see them playing the Brumbies rather than the Chiefs, I'd rest everybody I could)

    Then all the pressure will be on the Rebels who will then have absolutely no reason to win the game against the Landers because the Force will be unreachable. Knowing this the Rebels will likely phone one in and we'll miss the finals.

    Alternately the Canes will seek a tune up against the Force and we'll lose big, the Rebels will sniff the blood in the water and still lose

    As long as we're ahead of the Rebels I'm suggesting the season isn't completely lost.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  5. #5
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,768
    vCash
    27530000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yep, I expect the win with the Canes resting a bunch under the assumption that the Chiefs are a guaranteed win against the Drua and the Blues will beat the tahs, so no big changes to the table (No chance of getting a home final, and slipping a place if the Tahs do pull off an upset will see them playing the Brumbies rather than the Chiefs, I'd rest everybody I could)

    Then all the pressure will be on the Rebels who will then have absolutely no reason to win the game against the Landers because the Force will be unreachable. Knowing this the Rebels will likely phone one in and we'll miss the finals.

    Alternately the Canes will seek a tune up against the Force and we'll lose big, the Rebels will sniff the blood in the water and still lose

    As long as we're ahead of the Rebels I'm suggesting the season isn't completely lost.
    ps didn't see that the Canes had named a team when I wrote that, have they rested any?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #6
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    909
    vCash
    5016000
    Seems to be the weekend for upsets, Drua almost beating the chiefs, Mona looking like they will beat the brumbies. Fingers crossed for us tonight.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    31
    vCash
    5002000
    Probably best the ground announcer keeps his opinions on the referees decisions to himself and focus on things he is better informed on

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bridgetown, WA
    Posts
    6,037
    vCash
    1728000
    I think Angus was our MOTM.

    First time in ages that I have felt the ref was terrible, but terrible in our favour.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

  9. #9
    Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    James's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bridgetown, WA
    Posts
    6,037
    vCash
    1728000
    Was that the first win over the Hurricanes since 2007?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

  10. #10
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,744
    vCash
    5324000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I reckon the win is on. We can't make this one.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  11. #11
    Senior Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    624
    vCash
    26068000
    What a game, looking forward to re-watching tomorrow.
    Unfortunate for Kahui to have to come off.
    Thrushy for the 70+ minutes.
    Anstee looking good
    A few moments of frustration, annoyed the doctor had a go at the refs for not stopping the game when Kahui went down then the doctor having to run over to the touchy and point out Winchester. Are the touchys too scared to get involved even for the protection of players?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Veteran SNOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carramar WA (gods country)!
    Posts
    3,910
    vCash
    3525599
    We were still trying to lose with 1 minute on the clock!
    Must remember to take beta blockers before Force games. My bad!��

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

  13. #13
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,744
    vCash
    5324000
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    We were still trying to lose with 1 minute on the clock!
    Must remember to take beta blockers before Force games. My bad!��
    To put it another way; the Force defended like a squad of outgunned Ukraineians to save the lead & a slim finals hope.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,882
    vCash
    31611200
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo86 View Post
    What a game, looking forward to re-watching tomorrow.
    Unfortunate for Kahui to have to come off.
    Thrushy for the 70+ minutes.
    Anstee looking good
    A few moments of frustration, annoyed the doctor had a go at the refs for not stopping the game when Kahui went down then the doctor having to run over to the touchy and point out Winchester. Are the touchys too scared to get involved even for the protection of players?
    Yeah, he was absolutely funked. But he let the game go for both kahui and Winchester. Not a good look for the "protection" of players. Was very obvious from the hit they were out

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,664
    vCash
    16176020
    Highlanders ahead at the moment: 12-7 after 27 minutes

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chiefs v Force Sat 21 May 2022
    By Tazzmania in forum Western Force
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 25-05-22, 09:08
  2. Force v Crusaders 7 May 2022
    By Tazzmania in forum Western Force
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-05-22, 17:24
  3. Force v Rebels - 8 Apr 2022
    By Ham105 in forum Western Force
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 13-04-22, 00:38
  4. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 16-12-21, 20:08
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-08, 10:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •