Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Force v Hurricanes - 28 May 2022

vCash
    Fittingly a Sandgroper puts the Rebels in front. Great run Nick Jooste.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Fittingly a Sandgroper puts the Rebels in front. Great run Nick Jooste.
    Not watching the Bulldogs vs Dragons?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Don't be silly. I'll get around to that later.

The Rabble not having a go at the death did nothing to heal the anti-rabble sentiment around WA. That's for sure.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    yes,that was piss poor

vCash
    It looked like Matt Toomua was happy to play on and at least try and help us out but it appears a call came from the sidelines to kick it out.

Just speculating but I wonder if the Rebels Heirachy suddenly realised that if we made the finals we would be 2-1 ahead of them in finals appearances and two consecutive ones ...........

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Really low act. An organisation devoid of integrity

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    If anyone thinks that if the roles were reversed that we would have done anything different at the final whistle you are kidding yourselves. The Rebels did what was right for them and that is all that counts. We only have ourselves to blame with so many missed opportunities at the start of the season. Look at the points difference on the ladder Highlanders +3 v Force -117, we didn't deserve to be in the finals, there is daylight between the two.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I suspect you are right, and quite agree that the Force has no-one to blame but themselves for falling short. But if so and the roles were reversed, I hope the Force would have refrained from big-noting itself and talking up how it was going to do everything it could, only to pike it the moment push came to shove.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    In reality a team should never have to rely on another team for their success.

I only wonder if it was flipped and a kiwi side was going to not help themselves but have a crack to knock out an aussie side for another kiwi team to enter the finals. I think the players, organisation and anything-over-aus mentality would of gone for it.

It's a shame it couldn't be 4 Aus sides V 4 Kiwi sides just to end the complaints from NZ that Aus can't play / have a say in comp.

The irony of it being the Rebels that could of helped the Force, the conclusion that the Rebels not only won the game but it didn't help the Force. The fact that I found myself cheering for the Rebels, which is massive in itself with the history, that another Aussie team were supporting each other, that To'omua (and I hope other players) was disappointed, that it was Hardwick who won that penalty at the end... It was A LOT.

To just kick it out

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    If anyone thinks that if the roles were reversed that we would have done anything different at the final whistle you are kidding yourselves. The Rebels did what was right for them and that is all that counts. We only have ourselves to blame with so many missed opportunities at the start of the season. Look at the points difference on the ladder Highlanders +3 v Force -117, we didn't deserve to be in the finals, there is daylight between the two.
    For a long time TWFer you seem to have a poor grasp of forum protocols. When it comes to the Melbourne Rabble members must put all logical & ethical considerations aside and simply just hate on them. QED........

......And now we just got one more reason for it.

vCash
    Conversely, I’d be really disappointed with the Force if the roles were reversed and we had done that to the Rebels!

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

Player
    vCash
    The Blues at Eden Park…. Let the Landers have a go this year ! We’ll nail them next year

Veteran
    vCash
    interestingly, i think that there would be a bit of 'cheating' (can't think of a better word for it, insider playing?) if they had of played on. It is the same as if you throw a game, you are working for something other than winning your game. Whilst it would have been cool to see, i think that they really cannot do it in the spirit of the entire competition.

This is a comp for your team, not any other. Also it is not Australia v NZ, and it really shouldnt be treated that way.

we did not deserve to be in the finals (nor did the highlanders), So i am happy to go out on a couple of wins. Would have had conflicted feelings if we made the finals. We've been playing shit!

vCash
    Probably best to end the season on a high note rather than (probably) having our arses handed to us on a plate by the Blues in Auckland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post

This is a comp for your team, not any other. Also it is not Australia v NZ, and it really shouldnt be treated that way.

we did not deserve to be in the finals (nor did the highlanders)
    Whether either did or didn't "deserve" finals doesn't matter. That's how the comp is structured. Not about Australia V NZ It's always about that AFAIK. I've barracked for all the Oz franchises through Trans-Tasman - even the Rabble. Rugby, as I've experienced it is enjoyably tribal (both codes). Without it there's no banter, no "guess what Manly hates you too!". But unlike most other codes, belting shit out of each other for 80 then sharing company is what it's about - and supporting the other groups of your tribe. I agree with Dom - I'd hope the Force would have done differently in the same situation.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast